Slow Cookers

I have several small children so any appliance I can walk away from is golden. Like rice cookers. Another example would be these pic related bastards except anything I try to cook in them that isn't chili turns out as shit.

I did a chuck roast today and my middle daughter scrunched up her face when she tasted it. "Daddy this isn't good, it's very bad." Obviously she's a tendie-eating basic bitch but objectively it was not my best effort. I salted the roast, I browned it in a pan, I deglazed with some broth and red wine and still it is marginal out of the cooker and downright inedible the next day out of the fridge. Don't get me started on the veggies.

Now clearly all you idiots care about is shitposting about the dollar menu at Mickey D's but maybe one of your moms recently made you a non-shitty, non-soup/stew slow cooker meal. I'm partial to roasts, for example. Catch is, I don't want to hear any momblog bullshit like throwing in three packets apiece of ranch dressing mix and instant gravy. If I wanted a half-assed meal I'd let my wife cook.

Other urls found in this thread:

allrecipes.com/recipe/79301/cuban-ropa-vieja/?internalSource=recipe hub&referringId=17253&referringContentType=recipe hub&clickId=cardslot 54
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You could learn how to properly season amd cook but that's about it. You might need all those mom blog recipes if you can't use a slow cooker.

have sex with your daughter and she'll like everything you cook out fear

tl;dr

where do you think you are

>calling your daughter a tendie-eating basic bitch
top post lad

children don't like complex tastes because their tastebuds are undeveloped. they like tendies and simple flavors because they're still experimenting with the world.

My mom is a shit cook, but she makes pretty good beef cheeks in this, just throws them in with veggies and some spices mix, after few hours they are done, and for her skills the taste is great

What that user said. Kids like simple shit, weren't you a kid OP? It depends on your culinary culture. I for example, was taught to eat rice with beans/white rice with stewed beans, some kind of animal proteins, and some third item in the plate like cooked veggies/fruits. Teach your kids to eat what's normal/common in your country/region, and once a week, cook them something different, like Italian food, Asian food, French food, Southern food, etc..

Also, can you post pictures of your daughters, especially of their bare feet? Gimmi your e-mail.

>Frozen chicken breasts or tendies
>Enough cream of chicken to cover the chicken pieces
>Italian season or whatever your cumsprouts respond well to
>You can throw the chicken in frozen since it'll just thaw and go to cooking.

Works wonders for my adult child overly dependent girlfriend. Should work on actual children.

>Obviously she's a tendie-eating basic bitch

I wanna hear more about your life user. Tell me about the joys of father hood.

allrecipes.com/recipe/79301/cuban-ropa-vieja/?internalSource=recipe hub&referringId=17253&referringContentType=recipe hub&clickId=cardslot 54

This one is good.
Go on OP.
Lets hear it.

It's a mom blog thing but, french onion soup mix. Add it to almost any crock pot meal to make it instantly tasty. Alternatively, I suppose you could use the ingredients from real french onion soup for a similar effect if you're too good to use the pre made version.

If you live somewhere where you can easily get curry roux it's a really easy dish that can feed an entire family.it's quite literally chop a bunch of shit, throw in a pot with water, let it boil (you can just leave it there so it suits your needs) and once everything is done you just mix the roux in. It's easy and kids will probably like it if you get the mild roux.

If you live somewhere where you can easily get curry roux it's a really easy dish that can feed an entire family.it's quite literally chop a bunch of shit, throw in a pot with water, let it boil (you can just leave it there so it suits your needs) and once everything is done you just mix the roux in. It's easy and kids will probably like it if you get the mild roux.

I dont know how you fucked up a roast. Very simple.
Salt/Pepper roast - brown it on all sides in a pan
take some onions and celery and cook them in the pan, add some garlic at the end.
deglaze with whatever you want
put all that shit in the slow cooker on high with some worcestershire
when meat is almost done put in some taters cut up in fourths
some carrots, cabbage goes good in roast/stew too
near the end when the vegetables are done add some gravy master or kitchen bouquet.

If that bitch doesnt like this then shes just a dumbass.

Heres another easy recipe that every kid Ive known likes.
1 can cream of chicken
1 can cream of celery
1 box stove top stuffing
Some chicken broth (broth used from boiling the chicken works well)
chicken

Cook chicken however you want, boil it, roast it, put it in a pan. Doesnt matter. When its done shred it up and put it on the bottom of a casserole dish. Mix the cream of chicken and celery together with a can or so of milk and pour it over the chicken. top the casserole withjthe whole box of stuffing and then take some of the broth and pour it over the top. just to keep the stuffing from burning and to add some flavor. put it in at 350 or 375 for 30-45 mins and youre good to go.

make sure to salt and pepper every layer, etc.

I wish I could help, but I mostly make chili and stews in my slow cooker. I haven't tried a roast in it. I have a rotisserie oven though so I do my roasts in there. Also don't lump everyone into the fast food loving idiots group. I've had multiple threads on Veeky Forums that were informative and all about cooking.

I dont know how you fucked up a roast. Very simple.
Salt/Pepper roast - brown it on all sides in a pan
take some onions and celery and cook them in the pan, add some garlic at the end.
deglaze with whatever you want
put all that shit in the slow cooker on high with some worcestershire
when meat is almost done put in some taters cut up in fourths
some carrots, cabbage goes good in roast/stew too
near the end when the vegetables are done add some gravy master or kitchen bouquet.

If that bitch doesnt like this then shes just a dumbass.

Heres another easy recipe that every kid Ive known likes.
1 can cream of chicken
1 can cream of celery
1 box stove top stuffing
Some chicken broth (broth used from boiling the chicken works well)
chicken

Cook chicken however you want, boil it, roast it, put it in a pan. Doesnt matter. When its done shred it up and put it on the bottom of a casserole dish. Mix the cream of chicken and celery together with a can or so of milk and pour it over the chicken. top the casserole withjthe whole box of stuffing and then take some of the broth and pour it over the top. just to keep the stuffing from burning and to add some flavor. put it in at 350 or 375 for 30-45 mins and youre good to go.

make sure to salt and pepper every layer, etc.

This.

My mom used to make that chicken/cream of chicken/stuffing hot dish. She also added a bag of frozen mixed veggies. Was comfy.