What are some unnecessary steps when making coffee?

What are some unnecessary steps when making coffee?

>pre-wetting filters
>pre-warming mugs
>freezing coffee beans and thawing right before grinding
>pre-dosing your beans in little vials and freezing them individually
>using a gooseneck electric kettle because you can't pour water slowly for some reason
>using a drug scale to measure coffee and water down to the gram
>using a decanter carafe instead of just dripping straight into your mug
>using a timer and timing your pours in "stages"
>actually waiting a full minute for your coffee to "bloom"
>using specialty fuels to heat your water in your all-manual coffee making device
>spending over $250 on a coffee grinder

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=MlbZM7kOr4s
youtube.com/watch?v=WuLWwZiIcl0
gocontigo.com/media/catalog/product/cache/19/image/425x/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/1/_/1_23.jpg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This is the only non degenerate way of making coffee: m.youtube.com/watch?v=MlbZM7kOr4s

I throw coffee into a super fine mesh for tea. Set in cup for 3-4 minutes. Remove.

Anything else is autism.

People do literally any of this?
I just use a filter and a funnel and that's it.

>spending over $25 on a grinder
Fixed.

>boil water
>put instant coffee into cup
>pour water over instant coffee
>add milk

Not sure where any of the steps you listed would even come in.

If you're a guy named Lonnie what are the chances of you meeting a gal named Connie? Also what's the point of whittling the handle extension? If you're drinking more than a cup of coffee every couple of months wouldn't you already have that attached to the pot?

Don't be fooled. Coffee made like this is more commonly known as Turkish coffee. Are you an Arab? I hope not, or English language places are not for you.

>instant coffee
may as well just kill yourself

>more commonly known as Turkish coffee
it's called "cowboy coffee", faggot.

proper steps for making coffee:
>boil water
>put coffee in french press
>put water in french press
>press the french out of it

>autism

youtube.com/watch?v=WuLWwZiIcl0

I guarantee you all three of those are considerably superior to whatever mud you mix together and dare call coffee.

>$4 for a single cup of instant coffee
might as well go to starbucks

Yeah, I'm not Jimmy Carr that I can go to Starbucks in my own home.

I live in canada, it's cold enough even inside with the heat on that if you don't heat the mug you will be drinking less than room temperature coffee in under a minute. So I guess you don't have to do any of those things if you hate an enjoyable cup of coffee

Same problem here in Minnesota, except that the winters have been getting so tame the last few years I haven't been having to and my heating has been covering it all. We got one good freeze and that was it.

>>spending over $250 on a coffee grinder
can anyone recommend a good one though?

thinking about a Baratza Encore.. kinda pricey

Prewarming mugs isn't necessarily a bad idea desu.

Do any of you guys use travel mugs?
I'm on the lookout for a new one. Being absolutely spill proof is a must, I have it in the same bag as expensive electronics. How well it retains heat doesn't matter too much, as long as my coffee is still drinkable after 3-4h or so I'm happy.

I have a Wilfa Svart, as far as I know it's one of the best price/performance options in that price segment. I couldn't recommend it more, but then again I've also never tried one of those thousand dollar grinders.

I have this contigo mug I paid about 20 shekels for.

I like it. Stays hot for a long ass time and as long as you position it in your bag so that the button on the handle is unlikely to be hit, you won't have spills.

Here's the pic URL. Wouldn't let me upload

gocontigo.com/media/catalog/product/cache/19/image/425x/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/1/_/1_23.jpg

>not pre-wetting filters
>not predosing
>using an inaccurate kettle
>not using an Acaia scale to at least .1g
>not stirring the bloom
>using any grinder less than a $2.5k Mahlkonig EK43

I'd sniff her butt

>pre-wetting filters
No

When using a french press, how much coffee ground do you usually use?
Just made my first cup and the guide I followed said to use 27g beans for 400ml. That seems like a lot, I'd get less than 10 cups out of a 250g pack of beans.
Is that normal? I thought this was supposed to be cheaper than capsule machines.

is something like a hydroflask good for carryjng aroumd coffee in the go?

Dunno about the Hydroflask in particular.
I use an Zojirushi thermos, haven't had any spillage with it whatsoever and my coffee is still too hot to drink when I have my lunch break ~6 hours after I fill it. Definitely recommend it.

Keep in mind you can't really expect to get the same experience as freshly brewed coffee from any of those mugs. I'd at least look out for whatever you pick having a nice lip to drink from. There's ones like the Contigo mugs that have that button you press to sip from them where you are literally just sucking the liquid out from a small hole, those are just completely terrible for actually enjoying your coffee since you can't take a proper mouthful or really take in any of the aroma while you are drinking.