21st Century's Nietzsche right here. I can't take you seriously if you aren't paying attention to what he's writing

21st Century's Nietzsche right here. I can't take you seriously if you aren't paying attention to what he's writing.

He looks like a buffoon immersed in urban culture. Why would I heed some nobody who calls himself "iceman"?

If you read him even a little then there would be no question.

Give me a quick rundown on this guy

Have you played Grand Theft Auto III?

Icycalm picks up where Baudrillard left off, he's the greatest art critic alive.

It's sort of like giving a rundown of Nietzsche. It's not so easy. Here's the best that I can do:

>born like 1979
>from Athens, Greece
>parents own a publishing house
>has lived in several countries including the US, Japan, Spain & others and speaks at least 3 languages
>into skateboarding, surfing, basketball, and other sports
>started out reviewing video games
>became a critic of video game culture
>became notorious within video game subcultures for his controversial views, threads about him banned across the web
>published 2 books on his video game criticism (one extends into general art criticism) and has 2 more in the making
>started a philosophy project, Orgy of the Will, maybe 5 years ago, which is serving as a comprehensive study of subhuman thought and insight into human thought
>references Nietzsche and Baudrillard often
>core concept is immersion
>bans people from his forum just for making formatting errors
>still notorious and threads about him still get deleted
>thinks Veeky Forums is the worst website ever made

Plenty I am leaving out but this is all you get for now.

>Since these threads usually get no replies or segway into talking about the man's personal life while avoiding his philosophy I'll throw this out for discussion.

497. Homosexuals have serious psychological problems because there are so few of them. They are a minority, and this makes it hard for them to adjust to and live in a world which is dominated by people who are very different from them. The result is that they spend their entire lives wrestling with their identities, trying to reconcile their values with those of the people who are on top. Black people spend their entire lives concerning themselves with their blackness, cripples with their disabilities, ethnic minorities with their marginalized cultures, and so on and so forth. This makes it both annoying for us to interact with them, and it also makes it very difficult for them to succeed in a world dominated by people who are happy and secure with their identities, and who are therefore far better able to focus on goals external to them — which is how the world is shaped. It is this shaping that leads to the domination of a sexual orientation, a race, or an ethnicity, and it is this domination which CREATES the minorities which then proceed to spend all their energy neurotically spinning about their identities, which merely serves to further marginalize them, and so on to infinity.
The behavior of minorities is a negative feedback loop from which only an event comparable in effect to a miracle can save them. And that serves them right, for ALLOWING themselves to BECOME a minority in the first place. Nothing can be done about it now. The sexual war was won a billion years ago, the racial and ethnic ones half a millennium, and all that's left for the defeated to do now, in the aftermath of those complete and devastating for them victories of the opposing camp, as is indeed being done, is to patch up their wounds and count the victims.

Pseud-literate pseudo-intellectual writing pseudo-philosophical pseudo-criticism who impresses others because no one has found it necessary to respond critically to his ideas since he is a non-entity

He's what Rei calls a schizopath/villain

die

What's the Jimmy Dean sausage for?

This, also a filthy thief

>no one has found it necessary to respond critically to his ideas since he is a non-entity
Sounds about right. Pseuds only care to do things when it will give them attention or some kind of tangible reward for the deed, hence why few of the people who encounter his name have even read him.

This is fucking brutal. I think the main advantage homosexuals have is we don't carry the burden of our ancestors. I can't imagine how bad it must be to be black and have every single person in your family lamenting about their oppression. At least when you're gay all your family members are heterosexuals who are by and large are much healthier.

I think heavy exposure to other minorities is probably the most destructive thing for minorities.

Why does he write about PUAs so much

Nietzsche said there was only one Christian and he died on the cross... Well there was only one Nietzsche and he died a vegetable in an asylum

Did Nietzsche piss in your cereal?

I thought that a lot; it used to seem stupid to me too. I think the reason is the PUA are not just writing about how to trick dumb women into having sex but are fucking with the concept of masculinity by defining it in stupid terms. If going around fucking a bunch of people and not having kids is masculine than clearly gays are the most masculine thing ever.

Didn't this guy just write a bunch of nonsense about rigor in video games, and then write a massive, self-indulgent book of aphorisms? What makes him on the cutting edge?

Nothing. If you ever wanted to see the idea of a "pseudointellectual" perfectly embodied, just look at him.

>753. There's only one kind of person who can't tell that the genius is a genius: the retarded. The genius is a walking IQ test.

He's the entire reason /v/ and /vr/ take arcade games seriously. I remember when there was still debates back and forth about whether arcade games where "cheap quarter munchers" or games of skill and On Arcade Culture got dropped routinely and usually ended the discussion in the thread instantly.

Now to give you an idea of how massive this is. Can you name ANY person in the history of game criticism that had an affect like this. Where they write something about not a particular game but a section of the gaming world and their opinions stick around for years to come. Are there even any other writers in video game critics with a first and last name anyone remembers?

>Are there even any writers in video game critics with any name anyone remembers?
This is the question you should have asked, and the answer is no.

10 minutes of internet research have convinced me of two things: (1) Anthony Zyphindixous, or whatever, wrote this post; and (2) Anthony Zorkledorph, or whatever, is retarded.

I thought he was holding a Jimmy Dean sausage. Turns out it's just his other hand.

>the people who call me out for being a pseud, t-they're the real retards!
What a convenient defense

The only people who like Nietzsche are autists and pseudo-intellectual "philosophers" like Avital Ronell. Get the fuck off my board

Why is he a thief?

>I think heavy exposure to other minorities is probably the most destructive thing for minorities.

Sure it is, /pol/.

>oy vey gayim, intersectionality is bad, just weak individuals without political power so that you're divided and easier to exterminate

Why? What happens if black and say, Chinese, live in the same neighborhood?

To be fair, the point he's making, that arcade games require skill and have a legitimate culture around them, is something only an idiot would argue against.

>608. My detractors make light of my stealing from grannies on eBay. What's next, making fun of lions for eating gazelles? O the absurdities the weaklings will keep concocting to excuse their weaknesses! And if I and the lions are worthy of derision for preying on grannies and gazelles, what is to be said of those who are too scared to even do that much?

Apparently he ran a huge ebay scam and is still on the run.

Don't reply o retardedness with retardness.
I don't like Nietzsche's style because it's to misunderstand, but that's why you don't like- because other people misunderstood his work

Stole upwards of 100000 by way of scamming and wire fraud
Don't care how Dionysian that was of him, dude's a retard

My reasoning is bad on these two pieces of reading

>it also makes it very difficult for them to succeed in a world dominated by people who are happy and secure with their identities, and who are therefore far better able to focus on goals external to them — which is how the world is shaped.

>the minorities which then proceed to spend all their energy neurotically spinning about their identities

As well as personal experience as a gay man.

So you're a minority, that sucks because the general culture is really made by and for hetrosexual white men, so you feel alienated. If you immerse yourself in the thinking of other minorities (including the minority group you, yourself belong to) you pick on their thinking habits to how more feverently 'neurotically spin' or how to be sad that Jim Crow and Stonewall were bullies. It would be much healthier for you to pick up the thinking habits of the people who are 'secure with their identities' and focus on 'goals external towards them'.

If you get a bunch of minorities together and have them socialize they will discover new types of alienation. New ways they don't fit in. The best blacks I know come from white neighborhood the worst gays I know are the one's that spend a lot of time and energy in that LGBT nonsense.

>What makes him on the cutting edge?
Read Nietzsche thoroughly (which means reading anyone he comments on) and play a lot of video games, you'll easily see why then.

His work on videogames has been used in college courses

>gaymer
>hates Veeky Forums
wow... so this is reddit, nice bait thread.

Don't forget the blackmail he did back in Japan. That's why he left the country.

>gaymer
Because dismissing someone just for playing video games is the intellectual thing to do. You're probably not even aware that the average medical professional and engineer today has played video games at some point or another.

Wait, he had to leave Japland too? Who did he blackmail?

Some mid-level politician.

He said it was a good gig until they found his identity. His last known location was supposed to be Spain but that's probably a cover.

What a scumbag
Shame he has such good taste in vidya

Thought he was in France. Could be wrong though, he has some sort of disorder where he constantly has to keep moving to different cities.

I cannot remember this guys name. What was it?

Alex "a body bag for every artfag" Kierkegaard

If he is right about one thing its that. Fuck artfags.

If someone leaks a pdf of one of his overpriced books i'l believe he didn't make the thread.

what the fuck is this thread

>10 minutes of internet research
Less than 10 seconds of reading your post has convinced me of one thing: you'll fit right in around here.

yes and so has lady gaga.

132. Fondue sucks. It's just a pot of disgusting melted cheese in which you dip pieces of stale bread. The only reason subhumans are still eating it is because of all the apparatus on the table that makes them feel like children. Its continued popularity has nothing to do with culinary excellence but with subhuman childishness.

699. Veeky Forums is without a doubt the worst website in the history of the internet. I have never seen such an agglomeration of stupidity and wretchedness anywhere else, nor would have imagined that so much ugliness — mental, and no doubt also physical — could be possible in this world if I had never come across it. And they are all fully aware of this, which is why they prefer to remain anonymous, and almost immediately trash everything that they write, since they know it's rubbish. We are talking about individuals so weak and fearful that even the nicknames used by forum users feel too restrictive and oppressive to them. Individuals so slow and incoherent that they don't want others to be able to connect even as much as two of their posts together and hold them accountable for some measure of logic between them. This is the true bottom of the barrel of (sub)humanity. And that's why I keep an eye on it from time to time. You couldn't even meet such idiots in the street, since people in the street possess at least the minimum amount of strength required to leave their rooms and walk around. So if my site is the greatest site that exists and that will ever be made (and it is), Veeky Forums is the lowest one, and will remain so for as long as it remains the internet's bastion for all those who are attracted by anonymity (which is to say for nobodies).
And now sit back and watch the torrent of threads confounding anonymity with pseudonymity that will be popping up on there.

He's reddit incarnate, a gymfag, a fucking gamer and also a criminal.

>an agglomeration of stupidity and wretchedness
True of almost every site on the internet

>hates democracy
>believes weightlifting is useful to a small extent but says it is boring as fuck
>stole a small amount of money, no more than he needed

You are right about him being a gamer.

I own a copy. Won't post the whole thing. That would be stealing ;^)

And what's wrong with these? Are you some sort of ugly fondue eater?

>icy is a THEIF dont giv him credit card
>p-p-pls post his books

>Can you name ANY person in the history of game criticism that had an affect like this.
>affect
wrong and yet so right

>And that serves them right, for ALLOWING themselves to BECOME a minority in the first place.

This is the only thing that seems to have no merit. I think it's difficult to even realize you 'allow' or perpetuate this type of thing when you're literally brought up and formed in it.

Some people may die never being able to realize or learn that they can choose not to play along with the labels and become an individual.

Otherwise what he says is pretty interesting

*Thief
I will be satisfied if you post a picture of your collection of his 30 dollar books. I want to laugh at you not read his rambling.
P.s since he loves Nietzsche so much
>One must shed the bad taste of wanting to agree with many. "Good" is no longer good when one's neighbor mouths it.
If you were so sure he is right you wouldn't spread his ideas here. You just want to fit in with some enlightened e-celeb.

>*Theif
Holy autism. It's just a greentext 2liner. I wasn't trying to point out some logical failing of the people who don't like him, batman.

>You just want to fit in with some enlightened e-celeb.

I think this does describe a lot of icy's fanbase. Actually absorbing his philosophy is very hard to do because there are no secondary sources and because it's cutting edge you can't learn much by differing back to older thinkers. The idea's are very complex and build on them-self getting harder to master as it grows. That's why every discussion about his game theory is stuck at the early essays (if they are discussed at all). Than there's the genetic factor...

Yeah. I think he has a lot of smart fans. I also think a lot of them are stupid, but stick around because they know how to keep their mouth shut.

>Than there's the genetic factor...
>Than
Post your face when you are to genetically inferior to read simple aphorisms that amount to little more than I am an ubermensch and you are not.

*too
Jizz on my keyboard.

Utter bullshit, but you probably already know that.

Would he have said the same about writers and poets who only gained recognition posthumously?
The guy is a fucking pseudo intellectual closet faggot, I guarantee it.

There is a certain subtlety when posting anonymously, one that he obviously can't comprehend.

Faggots like him are try hards... that's all they do. They "try", but they don't get much done. Take a look at his "interests" as posted. The guy doesn't know who he is himself, he's all over the place because he has nothing worthwhile to say.

Seen it all before, worthless garbage. Don't bother wasting your time with these people.

First impressions if that is him in the picture: Faggot. Probably a gay in denial.
Moving on:

>Wealthy parents
Spoiled kid with mommy and daddy paying his bills
>Parents own a publishing house
Of course they do. If they were bakers, he'd be a baker. Instead they were probably failed writers and so, he is trying to be a writer. This is how it goes for people like this.
>Lived in several countries
On his parents dime
>Surfing, skateboarding, other sports
Need I say anything at all? Desperately searching for himself via sports wherein all of the equipment needed to take part in said sport are phallic shaped... Really made me think, lol. The guy is truly lost
>Video games
Don't get me started
>became notorious within video game subcultures
For fucks sake

I would be willing to bet money that he fantasises about taking it up the arse

I donno. If your a minority and your team is on the losing end you can either blame your own team, blame the other team, or blame no one.

If you blame the other team that's resentment. If you blame no one than it's kind of not looking for a solution. Blaming your own team, and ultimately yourself, is guilt. I think guilt is productive for self-improvement. The Jews turned out fantastic after centuries of it. The Asian countries run on shame which is very similar to guilt and they are doing very good as well.

Did icy turn you do down after you brought him flowers?

don't even know who he is other than the info posted in this thread faggot

Your posting was pretty neurotic and hateful for seeing a picture of the guy and a short list of his hobbies.

Is it him being a Chad or something that set you off?

Homosexual men have throughout history occupied many eliete positions within politics, the arts and the intelligentsia, and in my thinking equal to their occurrence within the general heterosexual population. It is a modern myth that homosexual men are in anyway disadvantaged in the gay friendly west. It can be argued that they have an advantage over their heterosexual counterparts; the clashing of historical ideals of chauvinistic patriarchy and the modern ideals of feminism, that cause so much anxiety for the modern young male, do not affect them. Any male homosexual tied up with the identity of the pride movement is a product of the wider lack of identity that is previlent within all of the youth today and not a result of the kind of minority condition you have described.

I'm a neurotic guy, my man.
>Chad
>Bald failed writer
Lmao

>Homosexual men have throughout history occupied many eliete positions within politics, the arts and the intelligentsia, and in my thinking equal to their occurrence within the general heterosexual population

I don't see how you could reach this conclusion. If you only think about the elite people (ie no token name dropping) there are not a lot of gays and none of them are the top of their fields.

The time and energy you would spend figuring out wtf you are, how to contextualize your feelings etc. That's all something the heterosexuals get for free from being the dominate culture. It's a lot easier to relate to James Bond when you're heterosexual.

> It can be argued that they have an advantage over their heterosexual counterparts; the clashing of historical ideals of chauvinistic patriarchy and the modern ideals of feminism, that cause so much anxiety for the modern young male, do not affect them.

Wouldn't they be able to deal with it far worst? Not only are you trying to reconcile your masculinity with being homosexual but you've also got to deal with the hatred for masculinity and it's general decline. Not only that but you have very little aid. Heterosexuals are going to be concerned with their own needs first and probably not spare a single thought about the poor gay's and their confusion, other than the faggy liberals who in many ways just make things even more confusing.

>You just want to fit in with some enlightened e-celeb.
If this was someone's prerogative, icy would and should be one of the last people on the internet to try and fulfill that through. He's not even an e-celeb.

>Because skater fashion rocks, and every other way of dressing — both for males and females — is, for the most part, an error.
What did he meme by this?

He meant that he understands Nietzsche deeply and grasps the relationship between truth and art, and that to philosophize means to express your taste, regardless of what you philosophize about (or think you philosophize about). Also, that skater fashion rocks.

I unironically wish he'd explain this. I have no clue what he means.

>241. There's always a single concept to be found at the bottom of every philosopher's philosophy. With Heraclitus it's flux, with Schopenhauer will, with Stirner the ego, with Kierkegaard faith, with Nietzsche power, while with Baudrillard it's seduction and with me immersion. But what is the quest for power if not the way in which the immersed ego maximizes its influence in the flux by having faith in itself while following its seduced will? And I could easily add Plato's forms, Spinoza's Nature, Hegel's spirit, and all the rest. Hell, even Wittgenstein's silence (via way, perhaps, of Shakespeare) will have a place in my elaboration of the ultimate form of thinking by the time I am done. My masterstroke will be the inclusion of even all the abortive half-concepts and pseudo-concepts floating around in the swamp of the subhuman brain — they too will have a place in the grand scheme of things (though as befits the ideas of small, tiny creatures, theirs will naturally be a very small, very tiny place) — and all the rest, beyond that point, will be silence.

I also have no clue how the hell Plato fits into anything he has said or how he plans to bring him in. Maybe do it through mentioning Jung? Any guesses?

Isn't he just saying his philosophy synthesizes and builds on all past philosophers?

>I unironically wish he'd explain this. I have no clue what he means.
You really just need to read Nietzsche a little more. I recommend Philosophy in the Tragic Age of the Greeks and Beyond Good and Evil in this particular case. Nietzsche was a massive divergence from Plato and the tradition he started (including the Enlightenment thinkers) in that he surpassed the philosophical problem of "truth" that the greatest minds were struggling with since Plato and took us back to the Pre-Socratic Greeks and their paganism (and also the Egyptians and their mythology), which did not see a divide between reality and appearances. Icy even drops a quote from Nietzsche on his site that is highly relevant here:

>790. "The concepts 'true' and 'untrue' have, as it seems to me, no meaning in optics." (Nietzsche)

You know, in ancient Egypt, all of their gods are represented by different eyes. They worshipped the eye. This is an ancient concept; it was understood long ago that the line between our perception and what is the case is blurred, to even speak of these things as if they are distinct from one another can be considered a misinterpretation or at least a half-right approximation of what is happening.

This guy might just be the next big philosopher

It's saying a lot. It's boiling down several very big philosopher to a single word, which is ridiculously helpful for analyzing and thus digesting them. It's also outlawing obscuritism by saying that all philosophy CAN be reduced to a single concept (someone who says their philosophy can't and shouldn't be reduced is has something to hide, probably incompetence).

It also is showing that there are not 'philosophers' but just 'philosophy' all of them are linked in big web. Contrast that with the type of thinking that says "these are the theologians" "these are the existentialists" "these are the analytic" and form distinct, separate realities.

It's incredible aggressive and ballsy as he is essentially claiming the entire cannon under his banner. I think the word "invasive" is how a lot of people would feel about it, mostly people that benefit from one of the weaker camps of philosophy that stand to loose a lot when they can't fight off the bigger camps by fencing themself and declaring themself an island.

At least that's my reading.

>111. Thought as reduction. Eventually, we were bound to reduce everything to one thing, and from quality arrive at quantity.

>604. Why do scholars never write aphoristically? Because they have so few real ideas. If a scholar tried to write in this way, his whole life's work would hardly take up three or four pages. And vice-versa: each aphorism in a philosophical work could be expanded by a scholar into a whole book, which is indeed what scholars do, or at least the best, most well-read of them, and as I've already explained with good reason.

I heard a rabbi say that no gentile philosopher had more positive things to say about the Jews than Nietzsche. Can't wait for the rabbis to dig through icycalm.

They'll probably declare him the Messiah.

>The Israeli government is being accused of attacking, murdering, stealing, lying, etc., which is to say of performing the proper work of government. In a turn of world-historic irony only the Jews, the perennially stateless people among the powers of the Western world, still seem to remember how to govern. And why not attack the Arabs? Why not lie to them, steal from them and murder them? After all, one Jew is worth 10,000 Arabs. The only thing we can reproach the Jews with is that they haven't called on their American buddies to carpet-nuke the entire Middle East already. Just think of how much trouble we'd be spared if all those bearded retards and towelheads were exterminated (seriously, a towel for a hat in the middle of the desert? How much more proof do you need that they are retarded? Or full-body black dress? Is it supposed to be a compulsory weight-loss scheme for women?) Inbred illiterates. Just send the B-2s to clean the place up already and then ship in a bunch of Chinamen to dig up our oil for us, problem solved.

>The Jews are said to be "the tribe that runs the West". But if you are going to go that far, why stop there? Why not say that they also run the East? At which point they might as well run the North and the South too, while they are at it, or the entire solar system and galaxy, as they'd certainly be said to do if those making the accusations had ever heard of astronomy and astrophysics. And if you get that far it's only a short step further to say the Jews run the universe itself, which would be tantamount to regarding Jews as gods, as a race of divine beings! But the funniest thing of all in this absurd business, is that the central assumption in the conspiracy theorists' "accusations" is that claiming someone is powerful is an insult. That's how you realize the kind of resentful, vindictive scum you are dealing with, when you hear of such absurd bleatings.

>Anti-Semites: "Jews! Listen up and listen well! You are the most powerful group of individuals on the planet!" — Jews: "Ummm, not quite true, but okay. Thank you?"

>Nothing would please me more than to live in a world of cunning Jewish bankers manipulating world politics and the economy to keep themselves on top and everyone else enslaved and working for their benefit. Hell, I'd cut the foreskin off my penis and join them without a moment's hesitation, if it were true

>a single concept to be found at the bottom of every philosopher's philosophy
>with Stirner the ego
Wrong on three accounts. The ego isn't a explicitly not a concept, it's a mistranslation and simply saying "the ego" doesn't explain anything about Stirner.

And picking the "best" out of everyone is a huge mistake.

>But what is the quest for power if not the way in which the immersed ego maximizes its influence in the flux by having faith in itself while following its seduced will?
Too baroque. No wonder he likes Castlevania.

>My masterstroke will be the inclusion of even all the abortive half-concepts and pseudo-concepts floating around in the swamp of the subhuman brain
Not really very original. At least he has balls.

>all the rest, beyond that point, will be silence.
Which he just cut off. Oh well.

I wonder if will ever really publish it.

What would you say is the singular concept of Stirner if it is not not ego?

The rest of the post didn't seem to say any real criticism.

No its the fact that the only in-depth discussions that every happen on this board involve pseuds like this shitlord.