Japanese Coffee

What does Veeky Forums think about UCC Coffee or other canned coffee?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UCC_Ueshima_Coffee_Co.

Did you know that at one point in time, they were the biggest coffee producers in the world?

Also, did you know that over 80% of all Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee is exported to Japan to be used in Japanese Coffee?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamaican_Blue_Mountain_Coffee

Other urls found in this thread:

ucc.co.jp/museum/english/
ucc.co.jp/academy/index.php
alittleshopintokyo.blogspot.com/2013/07/ucc-coffee-seminar-espresso-and.html
warosu.org/ck/thread/S10023800
mornington-crescent.co.jp/bakery_e.html
mornington-crescent.co.jp/lessons_e.html#schedule
youtu.be/T0Dh1W40ILY
gigazine.net/gsc_news/en/20100718_ucc_museum
gigazine.net/gsc_news/en/20130924-ucc-coffee-museum
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Coffee_Day
internationalcoffeeday.org/faq-is-international-coffee-day-on-1-october-or-on-29-september/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's not very nice. Better than the iced coffee milkshake things us Westerners get from vending machines, but still not very nice.

I love it, they sometimes have it in pie warmers here in NZ.

More like CUCC coffee.

Only import coffee i've tried is this stuff and it's shit.

I live in Tokyo and it's alright. I usually only drink it during a night of drinking.

DUMB frogposter

I tried it once and enjoyed it. Wish it was easier to find near me.

It's not good coffee, but it somehow hits that spot where you're just looking for something comfy and easy to drink. It's cheaper than the bottled Starbucks shit and tastes slightly better.

I really like canned coffee. They have a lot of different flavors here, but no friggin black only.

I like the espresso ones. Not that they're particularly good, but they're a quick caffeine hit without sugar at a decent price.

Found Ucc at the store one time in the Asian aisle. It wasn't terrible. It was a stepping stone to actually drinking coffee.
I really liked the cans, they're really solid and thick. At the time I was on a mini alcohol stove kick and was thinking of turning one of the cans into a stove, but they're a lot harder to cut and modify than soda or energy drink cans.

I really enjoy them

its better than the starbucks bottled coffees by far, but not good coffee by any means. granted i still buy the asian canned coffees whenever i see them. theyre enjoyable, but theyre really overpriced in the west.

There's an Asian import store and I tried various Japanese canned coffees (I don't remember the brands) and it was always shitty. I appreciated that they weren't over sweetened but it was way too acidic. Better than monster coffee but worse than any other canned coffee or bottom tier fresh brew

Drank it pretty often when I lived in Taiwan along with these

The only thing I drink out of a can is root beer. Even then I prefer it out of a glass bottle. Everything else is heresy.

Suntory Boss > all other canned jap coffees

yeah, its not that good of a brand on a whole. there was a hazelnut that wasnt bad though, if you used it for creamer.

if coca cola would stop being fucking retarded and sell Georgia here under some name, they would rape starbucks. Boss is even more so.

you damn right. BOSS is fucking amazing.

OP, get back to work on Evangelion 3.0+1.0, it's been years.

Where the fuck can i buy boss caffee?

UCC 117 is GOAT

You guys should consider visiting the UCC Coffee Museum

Not only that but their UCC Coffee Academy

alittleshopintokyo.blogspot.com/2013/07/ucc-coffee-seminar-espresso-and.html

What do you mean "back" to work?

if you got a good asian grocery they might have it, or can order it for you.

Never

When i was in the navy and in yoko and sasebo we used to drink them all the time.

It was okay. There was a lingering taste and smell of spoiled milk though.

I'M LITTERALY SHAKING
IS THIS HOW SJWs FEEL?
IT'S AWFUL HOW CAN THEY LIVE LIKE THIS.

what?

The King

This is on my itinerary when I go to Japan.

You should visit this British Bakery in Japan as well and see if the British baked goods are legit.

It's been featured on NHK already.

warosu.org/ck/thread/S10023800

Careful, though, since the British expat mainly runs her bakery as a cooking school

mornington-crescent.co.jp/bakery_e.html

mornington-crescent.co.jp/lessons_e.html#schedule

I like it. It tastes p good and I can grab a can or bottle from the vending machine before class. I accidentally got a sweetened one once and was prepared for American, Starbucks frappuccino levels of sweet, but was pleasantly surprised. Wish that coffee museum wasn't so far from me!

youtu.be/T0Dh1W40ILY
check this

gigazine.net/gsc_news/en/20100718_ucc_museum

gigazine.net/gsc_news/en/20130924-ucc-coffee-museum

It seem the best day to go to the UCC Coffee Museum is October 1 because October 1 is considered International Coffee Day.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Coffee_Day

internationalcoffeeday.org/faq-is-international-coffee-day-on-1-october-or-on-29-september/

However, do check the official museum website before you go.

>Wish that coffee museum wasn't so far from me!

They have 2 coffee academies that are located in both Kobe and Tokyo that offer classes on how to be a barista, from beginners to professionals, as well as any topic about coffee.