Hey Veeky Forums, normally I make a burger seasoned with cumin, salt, pepper...

Hey Veeky Forums, normally I make a burger seasoned with cumin, salt, pepper, and some oregano and topped with mushrooms fried in butter with garlic powder, bacon, and provolone, and I add mayonnaise and if I feel like it some barbecue sauce.

What should I add or substitute to make this even better?

just salt and pepper

taste the meat

unironically this, dont need anything else

>mfw mom made burgers and found out she put all that shit in it and french onion mix

what the fuck

No no I didn't ask for a blander burger I want to make it BETTER.

get out of here

I think you still don't understand, I like the combined tastes of the spices and toppings and the beef, which is why I put them together, so I came to Veeky Forums which is a cooking board to see what else I should put on or what I should replace.

Because it's a cooking board, not a ground beef worshipping board. See? So like, in cooking, you prepare things and add in multiple flavors together to create interesting flavor experiences. You get it? There's this movie you can watch if you don't called "Ratatouille", it's fun for the whole family! And the chef rat helps his cousin rat try to understand about combining flavors, it uses a visual metaphor on screen as he does so, different colors on a black screen. And the different colors represent different flavors...you can mix or contrast more than one at once! It's a pretty cool documentary :^)

>Ratatouille
at the end of the movie they convince the critic with literally a basic dish with no fancy nonsense.
salt and pepper, nothing else. now gtfo

>Hey guys, I really like making hamburgers. How can I turn it Into something completely different so I can forget that I'm eating a burger.

What a pack of autistic feral niggers. Don't you have some blank canvases to praise?

>meat, salt and pepper analogous to a blank canvas
you are mentally ill, friendo

>my meats so bad i have to cover the taste of it with a ton of other shit.

Allow me to refer you autistic feral niggers to
Wherein I briefly highlight the radical cooking concept of more than one fucking flavor, you fucking mental defectives.

op, your mistake is to think that meat is the part of the dish where you should experiment.sauces, toppings etc is much more sensible.
my perfect burger is a lemon-heavy mayo, a heavily seared patty with salt,pepper,mustard (in pan),tomato,cucumber,red onion.
id say fresh garlic and mustard are the only viable options, for a beef that still tastes like beef

Buy super lean beef and mix it with pork fat.
I like to add powdered beef bouillon.

Burger should be super thin. If you want more meat add more patty's not thicker ones.
The tastiest part is the thick outer sear.

What the fuck the memes were right? White people really don't use seasoning?

This is not how ratatouille works

I like a good spice mix on a burger but there's nothing wrong with just salt and pepper.

dude what

I usually enjoy a fried egg on my burger.

that in combination with mayonnaise and jalapenos.

the fatty richness of the mayo really blends well with the bitterness and heat from the peppers.

I've also had a bacon peanut butter burger, and sometimes I put jalepenos on that, and it's the same process of fatty pb blending well with the peppers, but the crispy savory meaty bacon, as well as the patty has a nice contrast to the PB. people truly underestimate the combination of sweet and savory

The only reason you should put additives in ground beef is when you're making meatloaf.

The only thing you can't add to a patty is anything too hwet.
Worchester sauce really does add a nice flavour to a patty, but as you say, it makes it more akin to meatloaf.
Dry spices are fine, however.

Why the fuck do people put mayo and barbecue sauce on the same burger? Shit's gnarly, yo. Replace both with a white barbecue sauce, or eliminate one or the other.

>salt and pepper isn't seasoning
The absolute state of melanin

Get rid of all that garbage, get good quality meat, grill the patty, leave it medium and only season with salt and pepper

Don't need seasoning if you properly sear your meat. Sauces and condiments are seasonings, too. You think people just eat boiled meats as is?

dijon mustard is nice, either in the patty or mixed with the mayo, or both.

>cumin, salt, pepper, oregano
We're off to a workable start
>mushrooms fried in butter with garlic powder
Falling apart here
>bacon and provolone
Back on track.
>mayo and barbecue sauce
Nope

First off, ditch the garlic powder. That's for spice blends. Real garlic, freshly minced, into the butter while it melts. Second, I'm picturing a pretty greasy, drippy burger sogging through the bun when put the mushrooms on. The mushrooms could be fried in either the garlic butter or the bacon grease, but the real place for garlic butter is to dip the inside of the bun in, then toast on your grill so it maintains texture.

Shortly before you take your patty off the grill, gently brush the party with Devonshire butter on and wait for it to caramelize. Talk about a rich tasting burger

For 1lb of beef I usually do:

1/4c bread crumbs (yeah, sue me nigger) soaked in 2tbs Worcestershire
1 egg, beaten (yeah, again, sue me nigger)
4 clv garlic minced
Couple basil leaves cut into twiddles
1/4tsp of salt and pepper

Red Robin has a burger with a sunny side up egg and it's fucking disgusting.

that's mainly because red robin

Since I'm not a fag who only puts salt and pepper on all my meat, I like to mix things up too OP. I recently made burgers using some gochujang, soy sauce, onions, garlic, and white pepper in the patty mix. Then I used thinly sliced cucumbers instead of lettuce for some crunch, and added a little sesame oil to the mayo. Bretty gud if you're in the mood for some asian flavors.

I thought this thread was about burgers. You made a shitty meatloaf

What other anons are saying is mostly right desu. I’ve tried cumin in burgers before, always ended up tasting too much like taco beef. So yeah if you want your hamburger to taste less like a hamburger feel free to add all the weird stuff.

These days I usually add minced onion, pepper and salt, and some Worchester sauce. Sometimes I’ll add the salt later, if I want a softer burger.

The place where spices comes into play is usually in sauces and toppings, which gives you a lot of play room while still tasting like a hamburger. Also making sure everything goes together taste wise is important.

My fav is usually Swiss with bell pepper, onion and mushrooms, sautéed and with a glaze to finish. Usually I also make some kinda mayo to go with it too.

Nobody here is saying not to use seasoning, but pumping it all into the ground beef really will make shittier hamburgers. Especially since shen making sauces and toppings, the seasoning will be able to cook well and evenly. Whereas seasonings in a patty either hardly cook inside of it or burn on the outside.

Salt, pepper, a bit of soy or worchester are usually what I use. And as OP has done, an adobo spice mix burger is fine now and again, but it tastes like a taco.

>Sauces and condiments are seasonings, too.
this is like saying a long sleeved shirt is the same thing as a jacket.

>Thinking Veeky Forums is a legitimate cooking board

Here’s some of my recipes, OP, assuming you haven’t been chased out by the purists here, and don’t get turned off by my first recipe.

>The All American
Salt and Pepper
Grilled Onion
Lettuce
Sharp Cheddar
Then make an aioli with roasted shallots and/or garlic
Egg optional

>The Big Apple
Mix in apple sauce into the ground beef (about 1 applesauce to 4 ground beef)
Spice with cinnamon and nutmeg, maybe allspice
Fry some apples with cinnamon, sugar, and any other nutty spices you like
Candy some bacon with sugar and maple
Make an apple butter aioli

>The Dog Burger
Buy the chuck ungrounded
Grind together with 1-2 hotdogs (you want one hotdog to 2 chuck volume)
Season with Salt, Pepper and Mustard seeds
Tomato with Salt and Pepper
Make a creamy spread with mayo and pickle relish

I have a few more recipes but my fingers are tired

and MSG

You're flavoring your meat. They're seasonings. Just not dry, powdered seasoning.

I'm certain a female posted this.

this isn't a cooking board.

this is a mcchicken, energy drink worshiping board which often ignores and discourages actually cooking bread

le chocolate smart man

Paprika + Black Pepper + Oregano + Salt