David Foster Wallace was a saint that stood up to the Beast...

David Foster Wallace was a saint that stood up to the Beast. He challenged everything that's wrong with this world: instant gratification, consumerism, unconsciousness etc. Your mocking of him is further evidence of the mark etched deep into your forehead.

eh kid, nice bait
but if dfw was so smart
why is he dead

"Then the beast was permitted to wage war against the saints and conquer them, and it was given authority over every tribe and people and tongue and nation."

he was an entitled snowflake and didn't get the recepetion he felt he deserved so he took the pussy way out to kill himself.

DFW is the most overrated author and only pretentious English majors like him. And they don't even like him, they just say they do..

Ok

And who the fuck are you?

He looks like Jesus

i think he could be very funny desu. i like his writing a lot.

Who's asking?

I can't see your face clearly.. It's obscured by bubbles..

He was no saint, but it's ridiculous to say he was just some egotist looking for fame and audience pussy.

He had the all the right ideas, but all the wrong answers.

So his continued presence would not dilute his message.

Why does Veeky Forums hate DFW?

It is just because he was a precursor to writers like John Green? That may be true but Green's style lacks everything that was good about DFW in the first place. It's like saying that Brian Eno is bad because he led to shitty EDM producers.

I sincerely agree. And I mean that because Veeky Forums is shit and I'm only here because I'm drunk (happily so).

>pretentious

INSTANTLY DISCREDITED

Tell me about your favourite books so that we can find out who is truly pretentious (You).

Veeky Forums loves DFW, it just loves him in its own weird way.

>Brian Eno
based

>tfw finish reading 15 pages of IJ and go for a walk at night listening to the big ship and an ending by Brian Eno

im an english major that likes DFW but tries not to talk about him

You sound like a fag

Why do drunk people posting on Veeky Forums feel the need to announce the fact that they're drunk? It's peculiarly irritating, and nobody gives a fuck.

can't tell if trolling or a mongoloid

Basically this: To Veeky Forums, DFW is the little sibling you pick on, but only because they mean something to you and you know they can handle it.

What were DFW's thoughts on politics? Does anybody know if he discusses politics in an interview somewhere?

Veeky Forums is just desperately contrarian. It's why the majority of threads on /mu/ discussing Kendrick Lamar are negative

>this comparison
Kendrick Lamar is legitimately trash though. DFW was not.

Exoteric: apolitical centrist
Esoteric: hardcore fascist

your shit's all retarded

lamar's new album was underwhelming. also he gets way too much praise in general.

>hardcore fascist
Source?

first post worst post and

this. DFW was an artist of integrity. They exist, but you don't know about them.

i dont need to defend myseld to slash lit but
bhagavad gita, zen in the art of motorcycle maintenance, books by tibetan rinpoches.

>books by tibetan rinpoches

It's pretty obvious by the way he raged against modernity

i dont think many people actually hate him. he's just become so popular we've turned him into a meme. which happens with all things Veeky Forums likes.

I thought it was better than his previous one. At least this time he didn't shit an overproduced and unsubtle "political" album for apolitical people.

>Kendrick Lamar fans on Veeky Forums
Please go back to the other site and stop turning this place into a fucking trash heap.

Hang yourself. The place has been a trash heap for a while. Go suck Peterson's cock

Kind of hard to gauge since he got all awkward and defensive whenever anyone asked (something along the lines of "you know what? I'm a private citizen and I don't want to get into it,) bit it's clear he was very jaded by early 2000s events and the 04 election.

Sam Hyde and DFW are both manifestations, dialectical poles so to speak, of the selfsame cosmic phenomenon. One couldn't exist without the other. Even their physical appearance is telling, the sheriffs white bandana and the outlaw's black beanie hat. Figures that exist at the tresh hold of collapsing post calvinist American male subjectivity. Understand this and you will understand why America is an abortive civilisation condemned to premature spenglerian Doom.

stupid

People who can see what's wrong with the world are common.
People who know how to fix it are less common.
But, people who actually make any change are rare.

>Philosophy is for brainlets.

No one gives a shit about Sam Hyde anymore