What do y'all buy when getting groceries? All I get is fucking Macaroni, some microwavable shit...

What do y'all buy when getting groceries? All I get is fucking Macaroni, some microwavable shit, shit to make a sandwich, and some chili mac bullshit. I feel like a dumbass looking up how to go shopping, even if I go through literally every isle I still get the same shit
>I'm a retarded college student

>whatever produce is cheap
>whatever protein is cheap
>whatever staples I am low on
>whatever I need for a specialty dish

i shop and buy and plan my meals entirely according to things that are on sale, the goal is to spend under 40 dollars every trip

It really varies from week to week. But just about every 2 weeks i buy

>canned sardines
>smoked herring
>apples
>broccoli
>alfalfa sprouts
>delba bread

Beef, Tuna, Chicken
Parsley, Garlic, Onion
Canned vegetables (Tomatoes, corn, beans)
Bagels, Tortillas, Sandwich Bread

I'm not sure what you're wanting, we can't do your shopping for you. Just learn to cook (The absolute state of Veeky Forums) and naturally you'll buy the ingredients you need. Find recipes

What are you, a child? I'm a 22 year old college student and I wouldn't even dream of eating that kind of shit.

As for groceries:
>Bread (not that white stuff)
>Milk
>Cheese (actual cheese, not that plastic crap)
>Eggs
>Whatever vegetables are on sale (at least 250 to 300 grams a day)
>Fruit (bananas, mandarins, oranges, apples, peaches etc.)
>Meat depending on the dish I'm making
>Coffee beans
>Rice or potatoes
>Beer or wine

This honestly, the essentials. I live on the coast so I buy fresh wild fish every weekend, depending on what's available. You can buy farmed salmon for cheap anywhere, doesn't require any effort to cook, and is lean and high in protein.

Fucking child when will you grow up and learn to take care of yourself

Chicken
Frozen peas
Random flavor enhancer or spice
Parboiled rice
White wine
---

Pre-cooked shredded ham
Soft flatbread wraps
9% fat creme fraiche
Garlic
Iceberg lettuce
Gin and tonic or Pina colada
---

Ground beef
Tomato sauce
Dried chili flakes
Rotini pasta
Rum and coke
---

Ground beef
Iceberg lettuce
Red onion
Ketchup
Burger bun
Beer
---

big bag of rice and beans. maybe some meat if its on sale to salt and store for later. rotisery chicken. and spices and sugar, coffee, tea.

i saved alot of money going vegan for a while plus was healthier and slimmer in general.
meat is a meme. but i went back to eating meat maybe 2 times a week.

Yeah, that's all I buy, and I feel the same way. It's so embarrassing that I put off going to the grocery store and make my sad food situation even worse. I also feel bad when buying beer and wine with that shitty food. Sometimes I check out twice to buy the alcohol separately, from a different cashier.

>lentils and beans
>rice
>wheat flour
>seeds and nuts
>frozen fruits and vegetables
>eggs and dairy
>onions and garlic
>canned tomatoes
>occasionally seafood

Very inexpensive, but I'm never hungry at least.

When did Beans from Even Stevens transition??

I buy about $200-250 worth of groceries every week for myself and my girlfriend. Usually the list includes
>ingredients for 1 major home cooked meal, i.e. lasagna or eggplant parmesan, for the weekly D&D night where we feed all our friends
>lunchmeat, fruits, veggies and condiments, my gf is a baker so we never buy bread and she makes me a sandwich for lunch M-F
>frozen entrees like pizza or enchiladas for a quick meal if either of us is hungry and tired
>Lox, bagles, cream cheese, coffee - easily my favorite breakfast no matter how much I eat it, eggs and hash browns for gf
>paper plates, napkins, plastic flatware and canned seltzer water because I don't give a fast fuck if it's wasteful, shit' s convenient
>probably like $50 of snacks alone because we are both complete stoners
Really the only reason I can afford to shop like this is because neither of us drink or smoke cigarettes. Still, we do all right when you consider how little we spend dining out or socializing at bars.

My favorite grocery store just opened less than 5 minutes from my place so I'm in there at least 3 times a week getting fresh ingredients. A normal week includes:

>Chicken and whatever beef or seafood is on sale
>Normally top sirloin steaks and occasionally wild salmon or local shrimp
>Green peppers, onions, broccoli, spinach & roman hearts, cauliflower, zucchini/yellow squash, & whatever speciality veggie needed for a specific dish
>Coffee grounds
>Nuts
>Bacon
>Variety of cheeses
>Eggs

Switching to keto has been pricey but it's been worth it so far. Sure I missed my cheap potato or rice dishes but I'm cool with a good steak and sauteed veggies for dinner.

Mostly produce, pasta, some seafood and whatever is going in this week's stewpot

I purposely switch up what I eat and what grocery stores I use so employees cannot monitor my trends.

Produce
>Tomato, Wide variety of peppers, onion, cucumber, mushroom, potato, garlic, form of lettuce

Animal
>Ground chuck, chicken thigh, egg, maybe bacon

Etc
>Seltzer water, energy drink, vodka, plain chips

That is literally standard for my house, anything else is extra.
Two grocery stores: a meximart with great produce and a jewel osco.
Please dont pickup meat/produce from Walmart/Jewel/Dominick's

Why is it always college students who are so stupid they can't even feed themselves

with the right staples, you can always whip up a hot meal on the fly

Potatos
Garlic
Onions
Rice
eggs
milk
stock (vegetable cuz soiboy)
Protein (tempeh cuz soiboy)
Fresh veggies (brocolli, celery, carrots)
Canned tomatoes

With these and a spice rack you can make 80% of existing food.

>tfw the cuties are on sale

Probably because it's life's last kiddiepool period for most people.

Nothing.

>I'm also a retarded college student

>College kids can't feed themselves lmao
>Am literally too poor to afford groceries
>Can't drive to grocery store cus no car

The system of having no idea how to take care of yourself is fucked.

Fresh raw meats
Frozen chopped veggies
Eggs, butter
Frozen berries
Avocadoes
Snack nuts
Order online: coconut cream, erythritol, protein shakes

wow, where did you find a potato that big?

Serious? Dude, you need to look up recent photos of Beans.

Pls dont be mean to potato. :`(

forgot to add
>whatever spices I"m low on

I buy the ingredients for whatever the fuck I'm planning to make, makes preparing it much easier I've found.

For veggies I load up on low sodium V8, frozen 'steamable' bags, and fresh zucchini that i slice, roll in parm, and grill on my G. Foreman grill.

that zucc parm recipe sounds nice, thanks user. Might add a lil bit of chilly flakes to it.

How the fuck have we, as humans, survived for so fucking long?

OP, seriously.

Water
Milk
Orange Juice if I'm out or low
Eggs if I'm out
Yogurt cups (dessert)
Protein, usually chicken or grass fed beef
Bread
Tortillas
maybe deli Turkey or ham
That's about it, the basics.
Milk-bread-eggs
Salad mix from farmers market.

Grilled some chicken last night that'll be good in sandwiches or with salad.

Fuck you

couple lbs of frozen shrimp
couple lbs of frozen fish
pork shoulder
couple whole chickens
potatoes
onions
carrots
celery
rice
beans
cheese
milk
cream
cereal
canned biscuits
lb of bacon
ground beef
sausage
frozen vegetables
canned tomatoes
canned other veggies
breads
any fresh vegetables that will keep
oranges
apples
bananas
grapes
pasta
fresh tomatoes and peppers depending on how they look
butter
flour
spices/seasonings

all this depending on what i need. more commonly i only go to get things to make meals for a few days that dont keep or freeze well like meats or fresh veggies.

Celery, carrots, whatever fruit is cheap and in season, beans, canned tomato, and ground frozen turkey are all almost always in my cart. Lately I've been buying some of the cheap animal bits (chicken gizzards, pig ears, etc) and putting them in soup. A lot of eggs and avacados recently, but I may abandon that line whenever their price climbs back up (eggs with homemade guac is the breakfast of champions).

i need to remember to look for pig parts and things like that. it's a good idea. thanks.

A loaf of whole wheat bread, peanut butter, raspberry jam, yogurt, milk, a bag of oranges, a container of blueberries and a pack of granola bars. I'm a uni student and get most of my food from meal hall.

ground beef
chicken breast
canned mackerel
spring onions
chopped tomatoes
spinach
bananas
pears
hot sauce
chili seasonings/spices
flatbreads
misc booze
milk

other things too obv but with less frequency

Canned tuna Walmart is less than a dollar a can, do you have a freezer?

rice, beans, canned veggies
fresh veggies, fruit, potatoes
real bread
soup stock (soups are easy and cheap, healthy and lazy, and good for you)
milk, eggs, cheese, yogurt (if you want or skip yogurt)
Meat, whatever is on sale/you like or bones for soup (better than bought broth/cubes)
all the basic herbs/spices you need for spicing up dishes. Basil, Oregano, Parsley, etc

learn how to cook simple foods OP make your own constantly. With soups you can cook huge amounts and eat several days of the week bring it with you and nuke it wherever.
When you eat bad make it once every week or two or less.

Monthly:
4 pounds of peppers- either serrano or Jalapeno
8-10 onions
6-10 garlics
Replace canned beans, tomatoes if they're low or out
2 gallons of milk
2 cartons of eggs
2 pounds cheese
20 pounds of bargain bulk pork or chicken products (to be butchered, divvied, frozen)
Big box of ramen
Veggies on sale at some microwavable shit
Stop that, you're paying retarded machines way too much money to assemble bad food for you.

Adulthood is realizing no strangers care about what you're doing in public and probably dont waste two seconds of thought on you

I plan what I eat so I don't go to the store unless I have a plan.

>Adulthood is realizing no strangers care about what you're doing in public and probably dont waste two seconds of thought on you
>implying I don't see niggers with carts loaded full of fucking candies, frozen garbage, ho-hos, chips, etc and roll my fucking eyes and pray that one day the EBT program is shut down for good

but op is probably a beta white man