Canned seafood

im thinking of getting heavy into this shit: mad tasty, mad healthy, mad easy, and generally, the price is right. anyone have a favorite brand or anything like that—i'm thinking of ordering a big case online or something

Angelo Parodi is best sardine.

where do you get them? are anchovies seen as less classy than sardines

>January 2018
>suddenly there are at least 25 canned seafood threads per week
Is all of this shit getting posted by one person? What in the fuck?

it's the hot new thing

Do /deenz/ bros prefer deenz packed in flavoured sauces (tomato, spicy, mustard etc) or just straight up with oil?

>he doesn't know the pure joy of cracking open that first canna deenz of the day

It's the healthy response to those faggots who think drinking energy drinks for athletes is all there is in life

I don't think eating food out of cans 7+ meals a week is necessarily "healthy" but I suppose this is all relative, isn't it. The fact that I bike to work makes me some kind of olympian ironman super athlete to some. The fact that I only drink a few alcoholic beverages every week makes me some kind of teetotaler. So keep on being Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums.

Why did gay ass mods delete the official /deenz/ thread

Probably because incomprehensible garbage slang is a violation of one of the global rules, I can't remember which one. I know it's hard, but try speaking standard English

>memes are a violation of the rules on Veeky Forums

Anchovies are good
I prefer olive oil or hot sauce, but chances are I'm using hotsauce anyway

The word you're using is "sardines". Practice it a few times to get it right. Or just bitch and moan about the conspiracy to oppress your retarded fake "meme". Whatever floats your boat.

I like them in olive oil. My mum used to buy them in mustard when I was a kid but I got sick of them.

>t. janitor

retarded janitor
>they do it for free
topkek

These are arriving tonight.

If I was a janny we wouldn't even be having this conversation, every single mangled "meme" would be deleted on sight

Sue your english teacher

Why do you even care? You sound like a faggot.

just ordered these

Because I like sardines and I don't appreciate them being associated with disgusting people who drink energy drinks and intentionally mangle words to create an artificial "subculture" around a common foodstuff

get a load of this guy

I like sardines too. The deenz thing is just a spinoff joke of sip threads. I dunno why you think sardines are being associated with energy drinks just because someone made up the goofy deenz thing.

I'll bet you're the life of the party.

i put deenz in the thread title so i can ctrl+f deenz and get exactly where i need to be to talk about the greatness of sardines every morning. but that just pisses you and your ilk off doesnt it?

pathetic

Any deen boys wanna kiss and talk about deenz?

yes

wait, are you a deen girl?

What's your favorite way to eat /deenz/ an /choviez/? I like them on crackers or french bread with lime juice and a good hot sauce with a kick. Scotch bonnet hot sauce is a good medium for me. Otherwise straight from the can is good. I tend to add hotsauce anyway. Don't forget about fisherman's eggs. Soyboys can't compete.

Just go to wholesale clubs. You can get large amounts of whatever you want for good prices.

Would not recommend buying large amounts though because of expiry dates.

I'm going to try sardines for the first time. What brand is best, worst, oil or water (fuck mustard)?

If it says Brisling in oil then you're good.

>I like sardines too.
my fellow deener

girls are icky

In hot sauce or sriracha. Very tasty. Mustard is ok too.

I love sardines and "kipper snacks" but I can never remember which brands aren't shit.

I buy a can and its full of bones.

very good choice my dude

Sip boys all decided to go healthy and embrace the Deenz boy mantle

These are delicious.

my fave, tho I don't really eat them that often

You know what is strange I have not been on ck in a while and i recently starting getting these intense cravings for seafood of all types. This lead to me buying canned seafood. I come back on here and its like heaven.

welcome brother deener, its been too long

comes in tartan sauce :^)

What do you guys think of tomato bois? I personally like the added acidity and zest.

all are welcome

I have been seeing these threads a lot lately so Ill post some key things, dunno if its talked about.

Arsenic comes from sardines, small doses are irrelevant but if you eat two cans a day for a month thats not good at all.

Mercury is from tuna, canned. I was having lower right abdominal pain from eating seafood on a budget primarily for all my protein. Stopping eating fixed it, my example is anecdotal but googling mercury in fish is a well known fear monger tactic. There is validity to it though.

Things like oysters and many fish come from fucking china where its raised in sewage (Reese especially, half of their products are Chinese) DO NOT BUY THESE.

Canned crab is a nightmare unless its chunk (Insane prices) and these are sold in them I do believe. Not gross by themselves but its unlikely you knew that you ate these (And other species blended together in canned crab meat)

I love sardines and herring, but canned seafood is a disliked area by many for a reason. Shit like canned salmon is also very unnerving to people who havent cracked one open and had an entire spine fall out of the can. (Its meant for shredded meat and stocks, you need to manually remove bone chips in most affordable brands)

Are /oystybois/ allowed here?

>because you are not rich you cannot buy food
Yeah all canned food is poison. All mass-farmed food is poison and damaging the environment. Pay super-high prices for "local", give up foods that aren't entirely, and sing kumbaya together.

y'all enjoy mercury?

Read the post dipshit, I gave specific examples of what isnt good. I didnt say anything that you posted at all and there are no local canned fish where I live nor did I advocate buying local fucking canned fish. Canned food isnt bad but like all products some of them are.

Not in all canned fish and there are graphs detailing which contain it. People will cite canned tuna on this board as being poison then go eat sushi with 40x the merc content and be super epic. Ive never seen someone post negatively about swordfish/marlin and they are by far the worst for merc.

Google fukashima nuclear fish mutations too if you wanna be butthurt, I eat them anyways.

Who here /catchownfood/?

i was raised by a single mother so not me

I was too user.
Shit sucks doesn't it?

Shits delicious with some hot sauce on a triscuit - especially the smoked oysters

I did, but mainly fresh water. Shit sucked, too bony. If only I had the wonder boner

How are bones a problem? Just eat the meat off the bones. Also i really only eat crappie and bluegill. Crappie is best

it wasn't the presence of the bones, it was the volume.

also I'll add this was a large mouth bass

Eating bass is for uncultured swine

It's a fate worse than death. I don't even know how to ride a bike at 25

Okay then faggots, stop posting brands how do I *eat* them. crackers or something?

Should have joined the army like me. Best way to get out of a shitty life

one brand I like does mackerel in teriyaki sauce but its fucking out of stock 90% of the time, think I'll pretend to be a business and order crates wholesale

wouldn't have it any other way

>toast some soft rolls/bread in butter
>smear deenz in hot sauce on toast
>add a couple basil leaves

fucking delicious anons, totally recommend.

How can double dubs lie?

does this count? cause i just ate them and they are fucking amazing.

You done did good.

anyone here every worked for a salmon cannery like me and never want to eat that shit ever again after what you witnessed?

story time user

story story story story story

go on, but leave the deenz out of it

Tell it all brother

Tell the world Tbh

writing the story hang on

okay well i was a QA for a pretty major salmon cannery company in alaska. in most of the cans we processed my first year as QA most of our product was sub-par because our QA staff had

Wtf

I wonder if all canned seafood is this fucked up

It definitely is. I left out the part about whenever i go to grocery stores i check the can codes from the sockeye/pinks and on more than one occasion I've found the cans from our plant that could have been from that haul out. I actually have a lot of good memories from working there but this happens every year because they're not going to turn away that much fish when they're desperate. the company will close down canneries and send people home or to other plants if it gets just a little bit too slow and they're losing money. I have other stories but mostly unrelated to actual canning

tuna in sunflower oil>>tuna in brine

>mad healthy
I dont know, doesnt canned food have lead in it
I guess once in a while its no big deal but constantly eating this it would build up

My experience with a small cannery in Washington was quite different. I went salmon fishing on a charter out of Neah Bay on the Straights of Juan de Fuca and caught my limit but was only going to cook and eat 1 fish at the condo we were staying in so I dropped off the others at the local cannery in exchange for a certain number of their canned smoked salmon and they were the best. Unfortunately, I heard several years later they closed. That canned salmon was so good it prompted me to learn how to smoke and can salmon for myself.

It was probably so good because they were small and didn't have some busybody ass of a no nothing QA fag running around fucking shit up.

>It was probably so good because they were small and didn't have some busybody ass of a no nothing QA fag running around fucking shit up
yeah probably that or the fact they didn't purchase two week old salmon to make up for lost profit and would rather close down hahaha faggot

Nothing you described in your little story is that bad. You're just a pussy.

>happily paying to eat rotten, inefficiently cleaned salmon

>wahhhhhh it's rotten cause it smelled like fish!
Pussy.

it was rotten because it was sitting on a boat without ice for two weeks. you have no idea what it smelled or looked like but maybe some day you will when you pop open one of those cans

Sure it was, buddy.

forgot you were there

>deenz internet defense force reporting for duty

you're an icky

>really not into energy drinks
>jelly of the boys in /sip/ threads
>/deenz/ threads become a thing
>love sardines and chovies

thank you Veeky Forums

>smelled fucking awful. like the worst pussy you've EVER SMELLED x10.
>verything that could have went wrong did. unremoved inedible fins, full bones, wrong species you name it

if i opened a can and it smelled that bad, i'd chuck it. if it had inedible parts/fin/bone then i wouldn't be able to eat that anyway, so i'd be pissed but no harm done. i'm no connoisseur so wrong species doesn't phase me.

not trying to be defensive, but i'm not really concerned with getting a can, finding out its shitty, and then not eating it. it's like two bucks for a can, i'm not too bothered by that. what i'm worried about is getting seriously ill.

So I'm a little interested in trying this. What does it taste like? I'd imagine just white fish plus whatever it came in, like hot sauce or oil or whatever.

Also, are they boneless? I'd imagine it's a pain in the ass to eat if you have to deal with all those tiny bones.

Anchovies are a whole lot harder to eat by themselves than sardines.

Brunswick is the goat, rep canada

Oh, holy shit, deenz is just short for sardines? I think it was a brand name, so I was equating /deenz/ threads with /sip/ threads as a sort of counter-shitposting.