Cheap Weeknight Dinners

Meals that are under $5 per serving and takes less than 30 minutes to make.

Pic related.

Make a damned sandwich; a large chicken breast won't set you back even with vegetables, very nice bread, cheese, etc. Neither would a beef, pork, or maybe even a fish variant.

Jacketed potatoes. Toss whatever leftovers you have into a partially-split potato with some dairy product.

Salad of any kind.

Salmon and rice/chicken and rice
Hamburgers and potatoes
Pasta with meat sauce
You can also do a lot of seafood pasta dishes with the frozen bags of muscles, scallops, shrimp, etc. you can buy anywhere now.

beef...

I make a pretty good mac and cheese by combining 6oz cooked macaroni, 6oz evaporated milk and 6oz cheddar cheese. Add some hot sauce or ground mustard, and a few twists of black people and you're set.

>He doesn't liberally apply black people.

>Rice and canned beans
>Quesadillas
>Grilled cheese
>Eggs and toast
>Peanut butter banana sandwiches
>Tuna salad
>Regular salad
>Pasta salad
>Baked potatoes
>Pancakes
>French toast
>Pasta with pre-made sauces
>Ratatoulie
>Hotdogs

Two weeks of dinner right there.

I eat cooked water

For me it is the four McChickens.

If you're using freshly cracked pepper, you don't need nearly as much.

Open a can of soup and heat it up.

I have a big bite of lightly seasoned air

>black people
>crackers
this thread racist as fuck.

>under 5$ per serving is cheap
I know I'm playing into cancer memes, but is anything above 1$ per serving 'cheap eating' for americans?

Wow, damn autocorrect. That's what I get for phone posting.

>tfw too poor to afford cheese so I just eat several toasted butter sandwiches for most meals
Been going through a loaf of bread every day on average

food prices differ greatly depending on where you live. in some places a gallon of milk will be $1 and other places it's $4.

How many servings are you planning on making at once?

>made a cauldron of bean and lentil sludge
>actually turned out pretty good but I've been eating it every day for a week and there's still so much to go

Add some ham or bacon. Throw some veggies in there. I realized this is a poorfag thread just now, but it's not expensive to get a little bit.

That's a good point. When I made this thread, I was figuring that cheese is about $2-3 a pound, but I live in wisconsin, where it's super cheap. I suppose other places it's not as cheap.

ghetto thai peanut chicken noodles:
peanut sauce:
crunchy peanut butter
soy sauce
orange juice
chili powder
garlic powder
black pepper

with chicken, frozen vegetables (peas and carrots or w/e) and rice noodles, served over spinach

make a big thing of the thai peanut sauce and then fresh make the veggies chicken and noodles for each meal

takes like 5 minutes, is cheap and the thai peanut sauce is prety gud for being made of processed american ingredients

curry:

chop up an onion, some garlic, and a chili pepper. saute with curry powder or garam masala or make your own if you aren't lazy (spices are cheap and last forever)

then add other veggies (green beans, carrots, potatoes, garbanzo beans, pumpkin whateverthefuck) (maybe cook them beforehand so they are appropriately soft)

then add your protein (chicken beef pork fish whatever)

then add liquid

ez pz and delicious. serve over rice. super cheap

... its whats for dinner..

lentils:

throw a bunch of lentils and seasoning and veggies cheap cut of beef in a crock pot. cook for like 4 hours in a crock pot. put it in the fridge, reheat individual portions.

after the initial investment of time, then you just have to reheat it

actually anything in a crock pot is great- chili, stew, whatever- for pre-making a weeks worth of dinner for super cheap

beans and rice, add sausage