Post your favorite novel of all time

Post your favorite novel of all time

pls no bulleh

I'm not sure what my favorite novel of all-time is but I really liked that book also and I'm fully aware Murakami isn't popular on here.

Love this book. Read it as a kid so its nostalgic.

Kesey doesn't get enough praise around here.

Agree. That book is a masterpiece.

But pic related is my favourite.

I actually just got around to finishing it and yeah, what a climax. That scene where the gambler finally gets lobotomised, reread that maybe 4 times.

He who controls the spice, controls the universe.

genre fiction is tra-

The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle is amazing, user; no need to feel shameful about loving it.

I'd probably have to go with Swann's Way, though.

not to shit on your favourite book but that cover does not make me want to read it. Why is it your favourite?

My nigga
I liked this one too. Not as much as wind up bird, but it's so different from most other books I've read.
Also I think it (Hard boiled wonderland) is the inspiration for Majora's Mask

Sell someone who is conflicted about Norwegian Wood on it.

Shame the series took a steep nosedive.

>Swann's Way
*smells biscuit*

Love this book.

I just got a kindle. I have all the books at my disposal. And yet I can't think of anything I want to read lol. So thank you for this thread

>Sell someone who is conflicted about Norwegian Wood on it
It's ambitious, has depth, and some really interesting commentary regarding post-war 90's Japan and the Japanese psyche.

It's also a very tender essay on depression, pain, guilt, and feeling empty. Murakami's semiotics are on point, too.

I grew up in the area and could practically feel and smell every scene, shit was transcendental. now I get why dubliners get so fucking craxy about the places depicted in ulysses.

nice to see buzzati getting some love. the tartar steppe is so moody it's incredible

Read this again recently and love it.

I think Pride and Prejudice will always be the first novel I think of when someone asks this question. It's just so comfy.

If people are looking for recs, though, I would highly recommend Middlesex by Jeffery Eugenides. It has its faults, but it's an excellent book.

I love this book, too.

MY

DIARY

DORK

Catch 22