Has anyone done Keto? Thinking about it

Has anyone done Keto? Thinking about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=8jn67tdEGY4
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2989358/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27739004
vinnietortorich.com/what-is-nsng/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's a fad. Just do a regular calorie restriction if you want to lose weight.

>meat and veggies are bad
it's the most natural way of eating.

natural doesn't meant good

I never said it was bad, I said it was a fad.

I wasn't talking to you faggot. Did you see me quote you?

Never talk to me again!

I haven't

Brother thas been doing it and lost 16lbs since New Years. I'd say if you want to lose weight, go for it. Otherwise, don't.

I have no self control so I havent lost any weight. I havent had a grain in 2 months but avoiding sugar in drinks and eating no fruit at all has set me back, I doubt ive entered ketosis even once

Dont bother if you have no self control

No diet is going to work if you drink sugared drinks. At least switch to diet drinks if you can't give it up completely.

I switched to using Truvia and Monkfruit but sometimes i'll completely forget that I cant have shit like orange juice. Not being able to sweeten my coffee was killing me for awhile but my real hurdle is rejecting food people bring to me. Something about hearing you're on a diet is the surefire way to get people to buy you all the food you told them you cant have. Ive seen more ice cream and soda in the fridge in the past month than has been in there in the last year

whats keto?

Just another unhealthy diet fad
Having your whole diet revolve around meat is not good

>Having your whole diet revolve around meat is not good
yeah, we are talking about keto though. keep up.

Don’t be a pussy, just cut out plant food completely. Look up carnivore diet

It works great. People don't understand and think they are fat because of eating fat from meats, it's mostly from complex sugars like carbs. Remove the carbs and you'll start to feel better a week after you commit. I follow a slightly modified version of the diet, where you still eat some carbs but its about 80-90% less than usual, replacing the the carbs you would usually eat with more meat and veg.

It's just a rebranded Atkins diet for fags who think because it uses "scientific" terms and pseudo scientific studies they aren't following a diet fad appealing to a gullible feminine sensibilities.

Lmao dude that’s really pathetic. Sorry about your brain

>It's just a rebranded Atkins diet
it's stage 1 Atkins.

Been doing it for a year, works great. There's a long thread here:

It's a low-carb, moderate protein diet that gets your body to burn fat by putting you in ketosis. General guidelines are less than 20g of digestable carbohydrates and 90-120 grams of protein (depending on your weight and activity level). The rest of your calories come from fat. If you feel hungry, you can eat more fats or reasonably more protein.

It works very well.

>gets your body to burn fat by putting you in ketosis
To be clear, it gets your body to burn the fat you're eating, because that's pretty much all you're eating.

according to who

Tricking you body into thinking its going to die, so it burn fat for survival giving you corpse breath.

Did it once, and lost some good weight managed to keep it off a good while too. Most people will do it, lose some weight, get off it gain it all back on.
Biggest issue with keto is
>you'll feel really tired all the time for the first week or two
>you'll probably have shit time sleeping at times/wakingup
>you'll feel the need to eat more

It's much easier to just properly count calories and minimize carb intakes.

omnivores

Just use intermittent fasting and consume less calories. Also exercise

Keto is a crash diet so you're more likely to put weight back on.
Focus on building better daily habits and you won't need to crash diet, you'll also stand a much higher chance of keeping the weight off.
Avoid snacking, manage your portions, eat slower, stop eating before you feel stuffed, keep yourself active and stimulated and get exercise daily.
I lost 80lbs and have kept the majority of it off for nearly five years now without any meme diets, I just built better daily habits.

> so it burn fat for survival
Dietary fat, because that's the majority of what you're eating.

Your body doesn't ignore all the food you eat and tap straight into body fat somehow. When it comes to burning body fat, keto has no advantage over any other diet with the same amount of calories.

t. soyboy

the key to losing weight is to not snack, don't eat fat at all, and ideally only eat two meals a day. Your body is covered in a thick layer of fat. You have plenty of fat to burn off, so do not eat any extra.

t. lardboy

Yes and if you’re at a calorie deficit you burn stored fat, as opposed to glycogen that carb gobblers burn.

Why do people always assume keto means "shovel nothing but bacon into your mouth"?

Both diets burn fat during a deficit. You store glycogen when you eat in excess, not during a deficit.
Because that's what is constantly posted by people doing keto. "I get to eat all the bacon I want, this diet is great, everyone should do it" and every pic is bacon, fried eggs, and cheese

this

Humans are walking garbage disposals, we can eat practically anything and historically are at our healthiest when we eat a broad and varied diet of proteins, fats and carbohydrates as well as remaining physically active.

>don't eat fat at all
You need to have a little fat in your diet to help your body absorb nutrients. Just be smart about what kind and how much fat you consume. No need to wolf down 10 strips of bacon but a little olive oil now and then is good for you.

Don't listen to the fags in this thread. Keto is the best diet, provided you can stick to it. Not only does it burn fat, it also increases concentration, cognitive function, eliminates the post lunch crash, lowers cancer risk, and much much more. You have to be willing to commit to it though, think of it as a lifestyle change instead of a diet you drop after a month.

>Not only does it burn fat
dietary fat that is

Sure. However you're forgetting that you feel fuller on keto. Your body will stop telling you to eat when you don't need anymore calories, unlike carb diets. You burn the fat you eat and then you dig into reserves.

>You need to have a little fat in your diet to help your body absorb nutrients
of course. everything has a little fat in it. I don't mean literally eat no fat. that is impossible. But severely limiting fat intake is a very effective strategy for losing weight. eating foods that claim to be 'low fat' doesn't work. you gotta eat less than 25 grams of fat a day.

keto is unhealthy. who cares what happens during keto. It's killing you!

No, what's killing you is your 300 pounds of lard that's literally choking your heart, filling your lungs with fluid, and turning your liver into mush.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=8jn67tdEGY4

> However you're forgetting that you feel fuller on keto
Compared to what? Not all carbs are the same. It seems like all the claimed benefits of keto are from not eating refined sugars and processed grains, whereas eating unprocessed carbs full of fiber would be the better option

>come onto a cooking food board where 95% of the posters are fatfucks obsessed with food
>attempt to run a scared straight campaign to make them all love boiled skinless chicken breast, boiled brown rice with boiled brocolli.
Evangelical loonies are probably south from your current location. Buy a compass and start walking.

I am actually pretty new here. For some reason Veeky Forums is at the top of the list on clover 2.3.
But hey dude, if you're set on your ways of being fat and accepting the consequences then that's fine, however, saying that keto is less healthy than living as a beached whale is discouraging others like OP from trying the diet.

I have
Do intermittent fasting instead
16 hours no food
8 hours eat

> discouraging others like OP from trying the diet.
Good

ironically you answered yourself
>according to WHO

DAY 12 I WANT FUCKING FRENCH FRIES

When/where does the WHO say that?

>Keto is a crash diet
How fucking retarded are you?

Started a few months ago. Get some cheap keto strips for a "yes no" answer if you are in keto. I just had to cut out beer and the occasional fast food. Started eating salads with a lot of bacon and hard boiled eggs in it. Make big pots of veggies or soup.

One warning: do NOT drink while on keto, at least not heavy. I did a heavy workout and a few days later when I felt recovered my body needed nourishment but I drank instead and I had cramps and serious body pain for a few days. That sort of thing can kill you. If you can stay away from drugs and alcohol you will be fine, but do not put yourself in a position where you need immediate calories on a keto diet. Otherwise you will need to eat sugars. Don't comprimise your liver with alcohol, it is now your sole source of glucose/glycogen. Do not over exert yourself with exercise, especially aerobic. You will burn up your glycogen stores. Weight training and walks are the best thing to do, but like I said, I did weight training, went on a vacation and got drunk, and suddenly I was sore everywhere. It's very easy to get dehydrated so make sure you drink FLUIDS not just water. Chicken broth or V8 is a good plan.

Fruit is loaded with sugar, avoid at all cost.

>hurr its a fad

You should go for it OP. I lost 50lbs in three months doing the diet. I wouldn't do it forever like some people try to do because carbs are too good to give up forever but it does work. So does regular calorie restriction but this shit works real fast.

>corpse breath.
true
I also thought I might die for no reason

>fat is digested into fat
>if I eat bread, I will get a bread tumor growing out of my side
what a fucking retard

Also its a meme that you'll blow up if you stop because apparently people think this diet doesn't teach good habits. You still have to eat at a deficit so even when you go back to carbs as long as you're not some undisciplined child its easy to eat less than you were before and keep the weight off. I've gained all of five pounds back since I got off the diet 6 months ago

>>fat is digested into fat
is this concept hard to grasp for you?
bread is digested into sugar, glucose, a very healthy sugar. The sugar is stored not as fat but as glycogen, in muscles. it's like gasoline for the body.

I lost weight with a keto diet but I think a huge part of it was that my diet was so limited it was easy to stay under 2000 calories a day.

eggplant fries, nigga

And when you don't use up all that "gasoline for the body" what then retard?

Keto worked out great for me but I find that a regular run-of-the-mill low carb diet is easier to maintain.

The body can store a lot of glycogen. About 2000 calories worth. Some glucose will be turned into fat, but not much. And the great thing about glycogen is it is rapidly burned. if you eat a high carb meal and you've eaten too much, get on an exercise bike and burn it off right there.

Yeah because the people that are seriously considering keto are the kinds that regularly go for a ride on the exercise bike

>get on an exercise bike

lolno

triglycerides are broken down to acetyl-coa, like everything else. There isn't a mainline from fatty foods to your hips. Jesus christ, I hope you are a third worlder so I can justify the lack of education. This is basic biochemistry.

>There isn't a mainline from fatty foods to your hips.
yes there is. Most fat digested is immediately stored as body fat.

WHO IS TEACHING YOU THIS?

Do you think you are qualified to make statements out of your ass?

ur just a keto whackjob promoting quack keto diets that kill people.

No I have a medical background you fucking idiot. You can have carbs but eating a goddamn cake will kill you. My frustration is that people don't understand how their own body works, how it is utilizing and changing the fuel you put inside it. FAT=FAT is the most frustrating idiotic argument facing public health today. That and
>omg eggs are evil bc cholesterol
eggs are perhaps the healthiest thing you can eat

Then who were you quoting?

If you have the budget to sustain it, I can see it working.

Do you know what a fat biopsy is? You can tell what dietary fat someone commonly consumes by the composition of their body fat stores. The fat you eat is stored as body fat. It may be burned if your total calorie intake for the day is low, but most of the fat on your body is from dietary fat.
>eggs are perhaps the healthiest thing you can eat
What is your "medical background"?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2989358/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27739004

so if you eat nothing but bread you'll turn into a skelly and die?
this kid's a clown

It's cheap as fuck. Broccoli, chicken, and other green veg are not expensive at all. Buy a big jar of minced garlic. I like to start anything I make in a big pot by throwing in chopped onion and garlic, and if veggies, chopped bacon. Cook up from there and add shit until the pot is full.

>what dietary fat
yeah, trans fat or saturated/unsaturated. That's what they're talking about. You are scientifically illiterate. Of Course trans fats are fucking terrible for you but they're found in snack foods and fast food.

Protip: Fats from fruits = good ie olive, coconut, etc
Vegetable fats = bad ie canola, etc

I was training in medical school until I realized fags like you wouldn't take a doctors advice and just convince themselves that what they want to do is good for them despite their failing health. It's why universal healthcare always fails, it's why people will choose to be unhealthy despite their better interest, it's why most humans are still animals when it comes down to it.

What medical school did you go to that taught you coconut oil is good for you and canola oil is bad for you? I think your medical training is just reading amateur internet blogs.

As a rule: Fruit oil is good, vegetable is bad. It has to do with what part of the plant we are getting the oils from. Do you think avocados are good for you? What about tomatoes? What about oranges?

Where did you get that idea? You gave specific examples that coconut oil is good and canola oil is bad. That's not information you would have learned from any medical authority.

because doctors aren't nutritional experts. They also want to stay in business. This guy has a lot of easily accessible info if you are serious about eating healthy and I wouldn't push it if I didn't agree with what he is saying, and that's from my metabolic biochemical background in science not just touting a prophet. Just reading the first page might make you reconsider some things, and hopefully you can learn something about yourself. That's what it's all about, learning how your body works. I'm not saying to pick up an extreme diet but it's important to know and think about what we are putting in our bodies. He has a free pdf available on his website and I suggest you give it a look over. It's not very long and it's straight and to the point.

vinnietortorich.com/what-is-nsng/

Also I quit medical school to do plastination. I actually get to see what people look like on the inside and based on medical records I can tell you people with coronaries and heart disease were loving that bread.

First you act like you're the most qualified person to talk because you "have a medical background," now you're saying the medical mainstream is wrong, and some internet celebrity has all the answers. You're an idiot.

It's to test your resolve.

okay well you obviously have all the answers buddy. maybe look into oppositional defiance disorder.

Solid advice.

A psychologist, too, now. Jack of all trades, master of... well, I forget the rest. Fill in the blank for yourself.

>"have a medical background," now you're saying the medical mainstream is wrong
AND IS THIS A SHOCK TO ANYONE, FUCKING ANYONE??????

OF COURSE THEY ARE FUCKING WRONG
it's science dude, they're wrong until they get it right, do you think we live ina world with all the answers? what illusion do you live in?

Scientific consensus is more likely to be right about something than some random idiot diet guru on the internet whose answer to "What about quinoa?" is "Fuck quinoa!! Quinoa is a grain"

fuck quinoa tho

link me to scientific journal of quinoa

do you also believe the food pyramid?

Tell me all about how "the food pyramid is why everyone is fat" and further dig yourself into an idiot pit.

Research Michelle Obama and then post again. You won't post again, because you'll be too ashamed about how wrong you are.

Lay it all out for us

More work than it's worth. I told you what to look for. Either enlighten yourself or remain unenlightened. It's nothing to me.

>I'm not retarded, just look for the clues I've left! Bye now!
I guess you're done.

>fill out the information to request a phone consultation with Vinnie. The rates are currently $115 for 1/2 hour consultation, and $195 for a 1 hour consultation.
Who falls for this shit?

Haven't gone all the way. Doing significant carb restriction and I've felt a lot better the past 2 weeks. Also lost 5 pounds.

>keto is a crash diet.

Fuck off, tard.

just ate 5 boiled eggs.

man, they're bland as fuck. and i'm sick of dressing them with mayo.

going to see what i can do with soy sauce next.

mash em, mayo em, and mix in some keens curry powder

Cruciferous veggies > fruits
All the good stuff without the beetus