What's Veeky Forums's opinion on Blue Apron?

What's Veeky Forums's opinion on Blue Apron?
My friend sent me a free trial, and I'm on a budget so even if I don't do it more than once, it's a couple free meals.

I'm going to assume it's expensive. Just read a cookbook or find recipes online, then go to the store yourself. How hard is that?

It's about 60 dollars for 3 meals, each that feed 2 people, so about 10 bucks a meal. I agree it's expensive, but I imagine it could be fun with my GF, and will make me try new recipes/techniques/food.

and like I said, the first box is free because my friend

Get less gullible friends

>it's a couple free meals.

Are you sure that's how the 'free' trial works?

A lot of these 'deliver-to-door' food companies rope you in by offering you a deal like that but tie it to a minimum number of purchases thereafter.

I never trust anything too good to be true and to think that you'd get 'free meals' from a company like that stinks. It does not make sense in the slightest from the company POV financially otherwise all sorts of chucklefucks like yourself OP would just sign on for the free meals and then drop it without paying anything.

Just loo for recipes. With the internet there’s no more excuse.

Honestly it's perfectly fine. I wouldn't ever pay full price for it but for a sufficiently reduced price it's not a bad deal. You get some produce, some new recipe ideas and there's usually no requirement to continue. I've tried blue apron and hello fresh in the last couple of years (each once) and while I didn't continue with it it gave me some decent recipe ideas.

I've heard good things about it, it gets your more comfortable doing things in the kitchen. gives you some experience, but a little too pricey.

It's bad for farmers and the environment. Support community farms or even go to a farmers market and get local, in season produce.

Why not just look up what other people are getting in their boxes, and go buy it yourself?

I honestly recommend just buying what you want to cook/try, and not following their schedule.

You are buying overpriced groceries you don't even get to choose and you have to wait for them to be delivered to you, it's a fucking service you have to fucking sign up for because falling for it once is for stupid people but signing to the services gets you access to the special retards club
I could understand if they shipped you special exotic ingredients from all over the world you wouldn't be able to find otherwise but instead they are sending you the same crap you can. Buy at the supermarket

It's fine for a reduced price but yeah 60 bucks is too much. I think you can literally look up their recipes for the week online. Just buy stuff from the store. Use up that free box though.

This user is right, Blue Apron, Hello Fresh and a lot of those sites just straight up post their recipes for the week on the site. Just follow along if you want, not a terrible way to learn recipes.

I don't have it but I support the concept for some people, and could see myself doing it if I cooked more or had a girlfriend I wanted to try it with.

I honestly don't have the time with everything else going on in life to plan a full week of meals, stop at the store each night, or whatever. I make plenty of money to afford it and having it just show up at home portioned out would be nice.

The only annoying thing would be that I'd be stuck to a commitment on meals and would have no choice of food depending on what I wanted to eat that day.

My friend "gifted" me a free trial. He gets a free trial for a friend every 5 or so orders

Got Free trial. All meals were some type of “Comfort” food. Hate “Comfort” food. :^(

>opinion on Blue Apron?
Pants on head retarded.

>go to a farmers market
The (((farmers markets))) around me are all 2 to 3 times the cost of any given supermarket.

It's pretty meme tier. My soyboy roommate orders these. None of the recipes are particularly good or complex, an example is the sweet potato quesadillas he made last night. Get a cookbook or go online, you'll have better results with less spending.

No, blue apron is literally losing money on all their new subscribers because 90% quit after their 3 free boxes and their retention rate is utter shit.

My dad got these and it really inspired me to start cooking more often and experimenting with different flavors but its stupidly expensive for stuff that you can just look up online and then grab at the mart

Then stop supporting politicians who subsidize big-agri garbage producers with gib me dats corporate welfare at the expense of small producers.
>Woah! Why are the local small guys who don't pay a fortune in subsidized production and transportation suddenly cheaper than those behemoths.

>sweet potato quesadillas

I don't even get exactly how they think this is helpful to people that don't know how to cook. You still have to follow the directions that come with the food, so basically the same as following a recipe. All this does is eliminate the step of measuring things out. Yeah, real idiotproof.

>$10 a meal
can go to maccs for that innit
why even bother cooking

also the onion isn't diced, the zucchini isn't sliced etc.
still need to do the hardest part of cooking yourself - preparing shit, def not worth the premium

its gay

It's terrible and a meme imo. I subscribe to a service that gets me "rescued" fruits and veggies from nearby farms each weak for 16 bucks though.

Still don't have to go to the store or figure out how to make the best out of the bulk ingredients you bought to "save money."

Ah yes, it's my fault people don't want to pay $8 a pint for your shitty "'"'"'"'farm to plate'"'"'"'" berries.