This is such a vicious quote, what type of person is it directed at in your opinion?

This is such a vicious quote, what type of person is it directed at in your opinion?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hr4mIb0MLnk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A faggot like you OP

I concur.

It's directed toward you, OP, since you clearly don't understand its meaning given that you need to create a thread for others to explain it to you.

Obviously. Hopefully somebody can elaborate on the next reply.

Okay, OP. I'm the user you responded to, and since you can't be bothered to put in the work for yourself, I'll go ahead and explain it for you. The quote is encouraging the reader to be self-sufficient in an Emersonian manner (check Wikipedia for Emerson and self-reliance), asking said person to ignore the petty needs and desperation of others to focus instead on their own goals and aspirations. You are a person, and, perhaps unfortunately, you are the only person you will ever know intimately, despite the hormones and sex and whatever fucking else may convince otherwise, so instead of striving towards pleasing others, you might as well devote your life to bettering yourself, encouraging yourself, enlightening yourself, and making sure that you're the best possible God damn fucking person you can be. Not many (if any) people can help you toward that goal, and when the dust settles, you'll have only yourself and your efforts with which to square your situation.

Make it count, try your best, and don't post another bullshit response asking for the next user to elaborate what should already be obvious to you.

Best regards, user,

user

P.S. If it feels like a waste of time, it is. If you feel fulfilled doing it, it is worthwhile. Don't bother with popular opinion or self-doubt. Commit yourself, dive headlong, and prosper, user. :)

There are nice ways of expressing this sort of sentiment and there's the way it's expressed in the OP.

An example of the former:

youtube.com/watch?v=hr4mIb0MLnk

So there's no negative connotations at all? Because I felt that it was perhaps attacking ones ego in a way? I'm clearly way off, thank you for the comprehensive reply much appreciated! :)

Some will say that self-reliance is a negative response, but from my experience, those responses tend to be based on notions of national identity, jingoistic duty, or some sort of bullshit metaphysical commitment over which you shouldn't concern yourself. I'll repeat this again: read Emerson if you're interested in notions of self-sustainability and the importance of supporting yourself instead of depending on the whims of others. You're better of seeking that source material instead of brooding on whether or not you should commit to things in which you're not interested. Again, take this as a given, especially since Emerson is beyond copyright and wisdom is at your doorstep. Ganbatte, user.

Currently reading him now, I shall do my best. :) Thanks again!

Take care, user. I wish you the best. Life is terribly short, even if you may not realize it now, so you immerse yourself in art that makes you feel significant, ignore the shit the doesn't, and prosper as long as you can.

>bettering yourself
>fulfillment
>hormones and sex
Nice spooks.

Fuck off with your irony and insincere "spooks," user. I'm trying to help another user, and your bullshit is nothing but a vacuous intrusion.

White incel racists on Veeky Forums and reddit.

>Fuck off with your irony and insincere "spooks"
OK, whatever you say David Foster Wallace.

Seriously, I appealed to you (admittedly not so nicely) in my first response, but with your subsequent irreverent comment, I can ask only that you suspend your goofy comments in order that you can allow the original user some space so that they can explore originality and agency to themselves without your vacuous and dated "postmodern" reference to another author. Consider trying to help your fellow user instead of guzzling the cum from your own oh-so-fucking clever ejaculation. You're 20 years late, and DFW's cock is dead and dried and shriveled. Stop trying to suck it off.

this is the water bitxh

OOOH, did I shatter your ever so delicate ego with that quip? Did I hit a nerve? Or perhaps I blemished some sentimental memory you held ever so dearly. I'll bet you're weeping with rage. Yes, you probably wish you could hurt me; I'll bet you're thinking about choking me right now. You're so fragile, it's pathetic. But I suspect that this goes deeper than some superficial internet argument. Your father was a relentless drunkard, wasn't he? He'd lose his wits and give you a real thrashing. You never quite measured up in his eyes and you've always resented him for it. And I don't have to tell you that you resent yourself for it. Yet, you still keep something from him very close to you, perhaps a watch? Ah, yes, you wear your fathers timepiece. And If I were to guess, I'd say your mother was a whore and of course, a drunkard as well...In your eyes they drank to escape the burden of you and perhaps you are right. Ah, yes, that unique recipe for a broken soul...Here we are, we've come full circle. I've spent far too much time on you already. I hope you're happy; here's your (you), you attention seeking little insect.

You just said what we're all thinking, user.

goodness me, would you look at the time

what do you mean?

Roasties seem to write this kind of shit on their blogs for the pure jouissance of feeling like they've won over someone. Very likely it was not directed at anyone, but it will be in the future

Genuine kek. Deft.

>Emersonians

It's interesting how roasties love those little phrases. Often accompanied with whimsical pictures in the background.

Besides the general observation a little anecdote: a gf left me in the most ungraceful manner because she wanted to see other guys and ended up thinking I wronged her. Now her pinterest is full with those little malicious phrases aimed against me and guys in general. If she knew about Rupi Kaur she'd buy her book.

Nice blogpost Ignatius.

Narcissus

PASTA