Any starch-on-starch mains that are actually worth it?

Any starch-on-starch mains that are actually worth it?

Pic reverse-related, definitely not worth it.

Other urls found in this thread:

geniuskitchen.com/recipe/shepherds-pie-with-puff-pastry-crust-428889
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Potato pizza

toast sandwich

Pretty much any combination of a legume and a whole grain. Beans and rice, peanut butter and oatmeal, lentils and barley.
Lots of protein and fiber.

Not vomit-inducing but definitely pointless. Not worth the trouble.

French bread spaget sandwich obviously.

fuck you cunt yakisoba pan is delicious

It tastes good.

Was never a fan. Lentils and barley is passable. Beans and rice is downright criminal.

Three-bite-delicious. After that my palate screams for something somewhat more interesting and definitely less stodgy.

WHO DOES THAT

I mean technically, cookie butter on toast.

A more serious answer tho, idk if seeds count but ground flaxseed in oatmeal = nutty fibrous wonderland

Bongs.
You know, the same people who make "do americans really eat x" threads

Its pretty good with peanut butter.

im america, and i do that

Is that a full chip butty?

Do americans really do that?

Unless you have a sandpaper cat-tongue and imbecilic tastebuds, this tastes exactly like sawdust and failure.

technically yes but not really a main

A sweet potato knish is a comfy lunch on a cold day.

chicken n' dumplings and mashie tators

>chicken
cheater

After eating a bowl of pasta I like to use bread to soak up the remaining sauce and clean the bowl.

A Sheppard's Pie is starch on starch too.

sketti on toast has been feeding hangovers in my family for 9000 generations.

They all have a lot more going on though

>sketti on toast

Rice with beans?

>starchy gravy
>starchy potato
>starchy dumplings
na not really

Ausfag here, we do it too.

Pot Pies
Biscuits and Gravy
Pierogies

>crunchy pb
>>grape jelly
> plain lays chips
>glass of milk
It makes the finals for the last meal ever

>a lot more going on
A potato knish is literally just potato and onion wrapped in bread, maybe some mushroom.
Can't get much more starch on starch than that.

i add a little mayo, cheese, ham and salt and vinger chips. fuck it's good. not just plain chips on bread though, nah.

>After eating a bowl of pasta I like to use bread to soak up the remaining sauce and clean the bowl.
Why not garlic bread?

because garlic bread is a vegetable

Potato pasty. piping hot with gravy and a side of fries

So you do you use the garlic bread as a pasta scoop then?

First of all, what is a Sheppard's Pie? Is it like a shepherd's pie? Secondly, I don't see how a mixture of ground lamb, carrots, and peas topped with mashed potatoes is "starch on starch." Do you think carrots are a starchy vegetable?

The fuck are you talking about mate? That shit's fucking good.

Honestly I doubt you could get enough spaghetti in their as filling and sauce to keep it from being dry

If bread is garlic bread, that is a legit sandwich.

Sometimes. Herb bread works too. Are you taking notes?

Curb your autism. There's starch in the pastry.

>shepherd's pie
>pastry
kek, in what fucking shithole country do they do that?

A country that afford pastry. Does it matter?

>Eat pasta with garlic bread as a spoon
>Clean bowl with normal bread
Isn't that a lot of bread though? How much sauce do you make?

Yes, it does matter, because shepherd's pie is not made with a pastry crust in the civilized world, and I'd like to know what barbaric wasteland you hail from so I know to avoid it in my travels.

Who are you running from?

Don't answer a question with a question. What awful, backwards country do you live in?

the fuck is that?

>Don't answer a question with a question.
Don't make a pie without pastry.

It's a pie with mashed potato.

Shepherd's pie isn't a regular pie, retard. It uses mashed potatoes instead of pastry, not in addition to.

>pie isn't pie
>retard
>it's pie!

Boston cream pie doesn't have any pastry, yet it's still called Boston cream pie

Bread based. Pastry is a type of bread and that monstrosity is bread based.

What are you even talking about now? What direction is your life heading?

Deep fried potato tacos are bretty good. Pasties are good and usually have potatoes in them.

I don't care much for the rice/french fry/chips on a sandwich/burrito thing except when I worked at Jimmy Johns the Salt + Vinegar chips were good on the tuna.

Cake is not bread, and cake is not pastry. Obviously, English is not your first language, because you have a marginal - at best - grasp on basic definitions.

Also, pastry isn't even bread. It's pastry. There's a reason we have different words for these things. Sure, they're all made from flour and water, but so is pasta, and pasta is not bread.

toast sandwich

>There's a reason we have different words for these things. Sure, they're all made from flour and water, but so is pasta, and pasta is not bread.

There's a reason we have different words for 'men' and 'women'. Sure, they're all humans made from similar DNA, but so are monkeys and monkeys aren't human. Men and women are different and that's why we use different bathrooms.

I don't see how that relates to the fact that shepherd's pie is not made with a pastry crust (and it is a fact).

>strict rules
Why do you hate freedom of expression so much?

Hey faggot, you never told me where you were from. Why are you so embarrassed?

theres merit in starch heavy meals only if you're a farmer and/or living in russia

mash potatoes and rice is my shit

>embarrassed
Don't project your insecurities onto me. It's obvious you're looking for a new safe haven. Tell me who, or what, you're running from.

I travel for leisure, and I want to make sure I never accidentally visit a country that thinks a shepherd's pie is made with pastry. Please tell me so I can stay safe on my vacations.

>I travel for leisure
If you loved where you live then you wouldn't be looking for greener pasteurs, you adulterer!

I do NOT live in Yemen. Enjoy your stay!

Reminder that you still though a shepherd's pie had a pastry crust, and no amount of damage control or topic switching will deflect from that.

Again with the project and stirct rules. I think you're fleeing from an Imperial regime. Can you swim?

*projection and strict rules

now who's deflecting?

It's not deflection if you're refocusing the conversation away from the deflection and back towards the original topic.
Shepherd's pie is made with mashed potatoes, not pastry crust.

Why does your kind hate harmony?

Nobody makes shepherd's pie with pastry crust. Literally nobody.

Nobody in your circle of fail.

What's this?: Can you not see the evidence right there?

>circle of fail
Fail is a verb, not a noun. I think you need to pay more attention in your ESL classes.

>don't break the rules!

You started off thinking you were so savvy with your witty correction, but then it went downhill fast as your true intelligence shone through by not even considering the pastry crust as a starch.
Fuck you.

Exactly. Thank you, user.

>pastry crust
>shepherd's pie
pick one

A genius you are NOT.

geniuskitchen.com/recipe/shepherds-pie-with-puff-pastry-crust-428889

A glutton for punishment you ARE.

I don't see the word "pastry" anywhere in this definition.

I also says nothing about carrots and peas which you mentioned in your post that started this verbal BDSM session. You really love being beaten, don't you.

>b-b-but that wasn't me
You deflect as well as you flee from your villains.

Being a contrarian doesn't make you cool. The sooner you realize that, the sooner you can start to grow up.

No matter what you say, no matter how much you try to deflect, the vast majority of people in the civilized world do not associate a pastry crust with shephard's pie. But really, there's only one way to know for sure.

shepherd's*

This is really nice with generic canned spaghetti.

Not if it's canned, it's drowning in sauce.

You've still failed to address the example above, showing pastry used to make a shepherd's pie.

If I post a picture of the sogwich, does that mean that a majority of people classify ice as a sandwich filling?

In Australia, Vietnamese bakeries sell shepherd's pie in their meat pie window. They use a pastry base to make them portable.

Who gives a fuck about what happens outside of the Northern hemisphere?

That's a clear white flag if I've ever seen one. Haha.

China. They're literally expanding their country towards the Southern hemisphere.

If you want to put ice in between two slices of bread, go for it. The fact that it already has a name to refer to it kind of goes against your argument that it isn't real.

I'm assuming this is why the original user didn't tell you where he was from, because it was incredibly obvious that you'd dismiss it, as well as any opinion they held, as "uncivilized" in an attempt to invalidate any opinion that isn't your own.
If this spectacle you've created has shown us anything, it's that you have a lot of growing up to do.

You've been given an image AND a recipe Do you have a learning disability?

A-FUCKING-MEN TO THAT.

It was a hell of a ride, tho. I came twice!