I just wanted to say that I love you all. I think you have to be a special person to end up at a place like this...

I just wanted to say that I love you all. I think you have to be a special person to end up at a place like this. Get your life in order, you deserve it.

Anyway, who's your favorite philosopher and why?

>favorite philosopher
Nobody else takes the flower question seriously

>the flower question seriously
PB Shelley was a better philosopher than him. Try trying.

>you deserve it

xd

Why, thank you sweet, kind, considerate user. Let's pool our energy together to defeat the cynics.

Good luck with that.

Don't lose hope, cute people :3

I love you too, OP.

>cute

Nobody has ever called me cute before...

I love all of you guys, including you OP, even if we don't get along all the time! You are the only people I actually converse with.

Thank you.

Fuck off with your pretentious, canned happiness. You are clearly enamoured with the idea of being a generous giver of love, which only serves the conception of your self-image alone. It is a trivialization of the depth of human relationships, of the rarity of sincere respect and the aborbing admiration for a well cultivated character.

Get my life in order because I deserve it – why thank you, kind stranger! Nevermind that my life is fucked exactly as the outcome of my own actions. Nevermind any personal liability, the strenghtening merits of pain and suffering, the restless soul search for something of true merit.

I wish I could swindle my way through life with a plastered persona similar to yours, but I'm too self-conscious, too indifferent to this degenrate shithole of a world, too mesmerized by the invisible cities in my head.

Favorite philosopher has to be Giordano Bruno. Nicholas of Cusa comes close as well.

Everyone thinks every forum the "end up on" makes them fucked up. This place is fine, look for an explanation for your shit elsewhere.

I'm hugging my computer screen rn, pls hug back.

It's gonna be okay some day.

>Let's pool our energy together to defeat the cynics.

Can we please. I'm not sure why cynical philosophers are regarded with such high-esteem here. It's much harder to see joy through the misery than to let the misery consume you. It's frankly weak as hell not to try and overcome your own emotional tribulations and find the strength to do something you know will make you happier.

>forum

Imageboard!!!

>I wish I could swindle my way through life
sort yourself out

No, you don't love us. You might think you do, but that's because you don't know what love, or loving someone is like. I don't know if I envy or pity you for that.

I'm sorry you aren't able to love us back.

I'm not. I find it hard to love the people I actually meet and spend time with. I'm not surprised by having no attachment to people I will never see or personally connect with.

Get your life in order, fuckface.

reeeee!!!

Well, fuck you cunt.

>It is a trivialization of the depth of human relationships, of the rarity of sincere respect and the aborbing admiration for a well cultivated character.

Lets play a sinister game. Lets ask ourselves how wide a net our respect and admiration can be cast while truly remaining sincere. Can we respect and admire all people that we understand to be people, and can we do so completely? Does the faculty of admiration and respect emanate beyond reason and necessitate facile understandings of those of whom we would show our admiration and respect? Would you then say that all happiness is "pretentious" and "canned"? The impossiblity either of giving all agents respect and admiration or giving since respect and admiration is enough to call into question why it isn't better to give all or none, is it not?

Fav. related.

the challenge is to see things as cynically as possible and still want to make it through. we strive to be stronger than you can even envision.

It's not his fault that English lacks a term or expression to describe what we call "basic respect" in mine. "Basic respect" is unconditional and given to all. Respect is given to those who are worthy in the eye of the giver.

And can you honestly say that you love your lover with the same love you show to all mankind?

Kinda. It's also kinda stupid to claim that seeing joy through misery is the harder road. Billions do it everyday by simply distracting themselves.

Bugs...easy on the liquor

>too mesmerized by the invisible cities in my head

I would say this is "tfw to intelligent" but actually I really, really like the way you put it

reddit

I love the Veeky Forums so much, except everyone acting like toxic leechs with bizarre negative thoughts ruminating in their heads

Plato/Socrates, Stoics, Nietzsche

Veeky Forums is great, and it is very easy for me to not sweat the pseuds.

>sweat the pseuds
bro

Why is Veeky Forums such a hive of negativity?

I wouldn't go out of my way to 'see things as cynically as possible' but I get what you mean.

Well, distraction isn't the same as adopting a positive philosophy. They could be mutually compatible but not always.

misanthropes collude to further a misanthropic agenda. bitter young men meet in the dark, and that's all.

Actually, did you mean cynically or sceptically?

cynically, but skepticism is a part of it. it's not pessimistic.

>stoics
Back to plebbit

Go make out somewhere else, Dave and Jonathan

And can you honestly say that you love your lover with the same love you show to all mankind?

That's the point. Neither do you Give love to one or all. Neither can you give respect to all without knowing how to contain all within a grouping. In the same way you more likely love parts of your lovers character rather than them completely, you respect all incompletely, inaccurately. Your admiration and respect is an act done in faith of the reasons for giving and those are really only responses to action arising from emotions. There is no possibility of loving your lover any different than all whom you may may give agency. Nor can you be sincere in Giving these outpourings. You're only capable of reasoning why some particular Feeling for some particular character occurs. And so I'd say it's almost better to bludgeon each other with love rather than to pick apart the subtleties of our Sincere feelings for one and all.

I'm taking a massive shit holy fuck kilograms of shit are pouring out my colon

Special you say?
I suspect that the complete opposite is true. I'm not here cause I'm "special" in any sense of being superior to others, and of course I can only talk about myself, but I suspect that the majority of people here share my position. No, no I'm not special, I'm not an intellectual, or someone with an outstanding mind or subjectivity; I'm an misathrope. I hate other people, they're low in my eyes, thus I'm superior, therefore I find myself in a place where the hate is mutual. This place is a hellhole that regurgitates the shit it eats everyday, I belong here, because I don't belong anywhere else, so I pretty much don't have any place at all; this place only furthers the alienation, and the people here are the first that will feast upon your corpse, when you fall.
Fuck you, boy.