My roomate and I disagree on the best kind of steak

My roomate and I disagree on the best kind of steak.

What's your opinion, Veeky Forums? Which steak would you rather have?

flat iron or hanger
ribeye is for overeaters
filet is for tastelets

Ribeye > NY strip > tenderloin

i like a properly trimmed ribeye, flatiron, ny strip or a nice filet depending on how the weather is outside, what i plan to accompany the steaks and who i'm cooking for besides myself.

skirt steak is the best

>best kind of steak
porck neck, dudester

>ribeye is for overeaters
What kind of insult is that?

>the virgin fillet
>the chat ribeye

>healthy at every size
>real women have curves

I would say a filet is more consistently good.

Ribeyes are inconsistent but when they are done right and the meat is good quality it's unbelievable. I'm usually hesitant about where I order Ribeyes. I've had too many that confuse marbelling for a gristly piece of shit.

Rib eye is my personal favorite, but a dressed up sirloin is also good

This but unironically. Prissy fags fear the ribeye because of all the fat, real men tear into the fat juicy ribeye knowing that the fat carries a lot of delicious flavor.

probably the most accurate answer, but I make ny strips the most often.

Prime strip cut 1.5” thick or thicker

>This but unironically.
die soon

This, but unironically.

I picked up some chuck eye steak tonight for $4.19/lbs. Made fajitas, surprisingly good. Tender and flavorful with good fat distribution, comparable to rib eye. It would hold its own by simply grilling.

Shhh, this is our little secret...

Ribeye all the way. Maybe a simple Tbone if I plan on doing a 69 position with the Mrs. that night.

Thats a good price

Is this a meme? Chuckeye normal price here is less than $4/lb. I bought some today to make chili with on sale for $3.49/lb and I still felt ripped off. This shit used to be $3/lb normal price, went on sale for $2.50/lb often.

Hanger or strip. Skirt is also nice but it needs a marinade

How is that a secret? Everybody knows chuck is fatty and delicious, just a bit tough compared to "nicer" cuts. Also $4/lb is kinda high bruh.

>mfw my cousin unironically eats filet well done with ketchup

Ain't got the T? Not for me.

for me its the new york strip, the patrician cut of steak

Is there any reason to choose a bone-in ribeye over a regular ribeye? I usually pick up two ribeyes whenever I go grocery shopping at Publix but I always see that single packaged bone-in that's a bit more expensive. Does the bone make it taste better or....?

>Does the bone make it taste better or....?
no proofs that it does even though people say it does.

how can you even stomach that fat intake, pretty sure everyone cuts around it; it's not chewable and tastes like ass hole; meat w/ no fat is best meat.

Thought the question was about the steaks in the actual pic. Ribeye is more red than filet. Filet is more on the burgundy rouge side, which means it has hung longer and should be more developed. In the pic that is.

None has particular awesome fat marbel, which is the most important flavour factor. As to what steak....whatever you like. But more marbelisation, hung for at least 30 days and on the bone is what I like. Happens to be the most expensive unfortunately.

Fav cuts. T bone, ribeye and tomahawk steak. Cote du beuf.

Filet is good roasted to around 120 and sliced, but shouldn't be eaten as a steak.

my nigga

>Not working hard enough to work off a fucking steak
t. twink faggot

>Cote du beuf

you would know what ass hole tastes like

Neither. I'm vegetarian.

what are you doing in this thread then faggot

For the fat around the edges you can cook the steak on its side to render some of it and get it crispy, almost like bacon. Some people even like the chewy fat from the middle though, some of it renders out and flavors the meat but some people will sit there and chew on it since the texture doesn't bother them.

I'll take that oxidized filet with the silverskin not trimmed off, please

>there are people who actually avoid eating the fat on a steak
really makes you think

ach geh weg

the bigger one

Filets are a scam that only rich morons buy into

The fat is where all the flavor is, give me a big ol' ribeye with nice marbling any day.

>only rich morons

I feel like it's more of a woman thing. The filet usually costs more per the weight, but it's always sold in a much smaller size than something like a NY or ribeye, for around the same price (well, it's usually less because it's typically at least half the size). Plus lean as fuck, which is how women tend to go for steak.

they're just easy, right?
not too filling to enjoy some nice vegetables too.

You mean the outer fat cap? Literally just turn the steak on it's side while cooking to render the fat down, makes it delicious and not chewy. If you mean the inner marbling, then you're a fucking retard who simply can't cook a steak period if it somehow comes out chewy.