Does shepherd's pie have a pastry crust?

Does shepherd's pie have a pastry crust?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/884643/shepherds-pie-pasties
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes.
t. Soyboy

fuck no!

>get btfo in a thread
>go make your own out of pure salt
The answer is still no.

Not an authentic one. In retail and restaurants they are sometimes sold that way.

Okay, but if someone told you to make a shepherd's pie, would you use a crust? If you were told to describe one, would you mention pastry?

I wouldn't

either or. personally, I'd make it with both, like OP's picture. Per the previous thread, it appears that it used to be made with pastry crust, but now is just made with mashed potatoes, probably because pastry crust is too tedious and difficult to make for the average person anymore. But OP, you really should learn how to just call somebody a faggot, and move on with your fucking life. That, or lurk two years before posting like you're supposed to. Sage.

Yes, and my decision is final.

No? Having mashed potato instead of crust is the defining characteristic of shepherd's pie.

>shepherd's pie
At least you've learned to spell it now, fuckwit.

absolutely not

not traditionally. but i'd prefer it that way if i could choose. buttery flaky crunch would be a nice contrast to the soft and rich mince and potato mash

fuckin kek

>curiosity is piqued
>google shepherd's pie and hit images tab
>have to scroll for 3 mins to find a single one with non potato crust
>its for faggot party mini-pies

OP confirmed for faggot

I think you are confused between shep pie and chicken pot pie user

OP here, you seem to have confused me for someone else.

>Be shepherd
>Be leaving the homestead for a hard day's shepherding
>Wife comes out with some food to take for lunch
>It's a pie
>It has no pastry crust
>Just potato
>You try to take it to work
>It falls apart as you travel and topples on the ground
>Spend day hungry

no. who the fuck does that?

Here you go m8.

bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/884643/shepherds-pie-pasties

samefag

wew

Cant argue with trips samey. It is law

Not traditionally but that looks fucking delicious. Honestly I'm now considering making this exact dish this week.

>starch on starch
enjoy your beetus

Just don't put that much mashed potatoes on top and have plenty of meat/vegetables? I think you're overreacting. I have some pulled pork from the other day, I might use that instead of ground beef.

>I have some pulled pork
Oh so you're southern, you most likely already have the beetus.

I'm from New England, but I suspect you may be trying to shitpost! Now why would someone shitpost in a Veeky Forums thread?!

No seriously this pie's gonna be fuckin' sweet. I wish I could find the recipe the OP's image was based on.

Fucking NO IT DOESN'T
>Layer of lamb mince, layer of potato
done

How the fuck did you make pulled pork in the middle of the New England winter? You smoke meat in this weather?

Not him but you can make it in a crock pot or slow cooker.

no. a shepherd's pie is a lamb / veg filling topped with some form of potatoes, there shouldn't be any pastry in sight.

Why would you ruin good pork that way?

No but i like to make mine with a biscuit like crust on the bottom. Sometimes i top the mashed potatoes with cheese. Not often though.
Anyone else find that the leftovers tast better with hot sauce?

i wouldn't say ruin, you can make palatable pulled pork in a slow cooker, but if you're expecting a barbeque type product you'll be sorely disappointed.

i always prefer my shepherd's pie with some good ol HP sauce and tobasco to taste

but then again, i am a heathen.

Let me tell you about shepherd's pie, or what the Quebecois call pate chinois.
Quebec doesn't have a lot of traditional foods. It's pretty much just whatever you can get in the forest and cooked in a way that approximates the French way.
I mean, yeah, there's poutine but that's just a meme.

Anyways, pate chinois is a classic. There was this old Quebecois TV show years ago that had a character who was supposed to be dumb. The joke was that she kept fucking up pate chinois.
"Steak ble dinde potate. Steak ble dinde potate" is what everyone would chant at her. But she'd still fuck it up and put corn at the bottom or something.
Meat corn potatoes. That's all there is to it.

Piggybacking on other people's threads is the sign of the unimaginative attention-seeker.

If you can prove it