Shrimp pizza, yay or nay?

shrimp pizza, yay or nay?

Maybe if you peeled the goddamn shrimp first, I don't want crushed shrimp exoskeleton stuck in my teeth

normally yay, except in that shitty pizza when they aren't even peeled

>hating calcium

That's why you're a manlet

Prawns prepared properly are eaten with the peel.

That's retarded, it's a shitty texture and tastes like nothing. No reason to leave the skin on

this. Peeled shrimp and with garlic sauce or Alfredo instead of marinara

is that parmesan cheese?

>tastes like nothing

Yeah, that's why stock is made from the shells of shellfish.

Your entire post screams that you've not only never had, but never heard of.

My dad would leave the skin from time to time, it's fucking stupid and lazy act of refusing to peel

>implying I don't dip my pizza in milk

First off, I said prepared properly. Second off, a shrimp and a prawn are different species of shellfish (although it can be argued that a shrimp can also be served in-shell which I kind of disagree with). Not that I can tell by look of the image, but it's kind of more akin to a crunchy softshell crab with the exo on.

you are wrong, the shell is left on for "plating" in certain dishes. you should NEVER eat it. for example the reason prawns/shrimp come with a cocktail sauce with just the tail on is so you can pick it up by the tail, dip it, and eat it; you have literally never had shrimp it sounds like.

You are completely wrong, look up a fried prawn in shell. It'll take all of two seconds, and hopefully also explain to you the difference between both a shrimp and a prawn. Hell, even ATK put out a recipe to shittily mimic asian fried prawns in the shell with shrimp. Anyway, I'm going to bed, and you're kinda a knee-jerk defensive dummy.

looks like it

you are still wrong so stop trolling, you don't eat the shell.

>Implying I don't dip my clam shell pizza in concentrated hydrochloric acid.

Putting bugs on your pizza. Yuck.

scampi pizza can be nice i guess but your pic OP, it looks like big baked insects on a pizza

I'd use smaller shrimps, the 51-60 types and peel them first so they can be spread around the pizza.

You can eat the shell of small shrimp if they were properly fried, they get crunchy. Bigger shrimp, especially ones that were baked/steamed/boiled etc. have chewy shells that you're supposed to peel though. The ones in the OP definitely don't have edible shells.

a patrician taste

they serve it at least in north italy
either a cheese version with small peeled shrimps and arugola or zucchini, or pic related pizza “allo scoglio”, no cheese and different seafood.

but frankly I prefer a guazzetto di mare with pizza bread on the side

That would dissolve the shells of the shrimp

Even full mediteranneans or the billions of chinks that flock to the best fishing spots in australia don't eat prawn shells, unless they're baby prawn and deep fried.

why in the actual fuck would i want to eat shrimp with their skin, heads and tail on? you do realize they store shit in their heads right?

>eating bugs