What are some Veeky Forums approved bookmarks?

what are some Veeky Forums approved bookmarks?

Other urls found in this thread:

journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0110509
medpagetoday.com/publichealthpolicy/environmentalhealth/21882
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0890623807002377
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The most Veeky Forums thing to do is not use a bookmark and brag about how much more intelligent you are for being able to remember a fucking page number

dogearing

God tier:
-receipt of the book you bought
-the bookmark you made in kindergarten

Great tier:
-memorizing where you stopped reading

Meh tier:
-Yu-Gi-Oh! cards
-writing down the page number on a notepad

Shit tier:
-toilet paper
-dog ears

I use a dollar bill.

My bookmark has Melville on it, so I'm set there

My dick

This is so cute. I usually end up using my receipts.

>dog-earing
I never knew it had a specific term. I use either that or a pencil.

R u a gril. Tits or gtfo

cigarrettes cardboard pieces

I'll be a grill for you, bb.

Other people's calling cards

girls stopped liking cute things decades ago

This is my favorite of the ones I own

Notecard

Dog ear paperbacks, pokemon cards for books that merit respect.

any scrap of paper near me when I star reading

at cafes and shit where they have bulletin boards i like to take down the most embarrassing business card and use it--everytime i start reading i scoff to myself and show it to people around me, laughing at you

I buy postcards from art museums and cut them into thirds. Then I choose the bookmark that best compliments the book I'm reading

>touching receipts

Wat

Mine. Sorry it's sideways. Cut it out of a poster about New England colonial torture methods. Needs laminating.

Those bookmarks that come free with Book Depository orders

I hold my finger between the pages.

this

I just pour red ink on the last page Ive read

I used a white leather one I picked up in Florence when I was 13, through 21 years old. I lost the bookmark and the book I was reading, Nikolai Gogol's Dead Souls. I was at a loss for a consistent bookmark for a long time, finally come to a new consistent one.

I use a playing card, specifically the Suicide King, king of hearts. It slips in and out quickly and easily, yet stays in place when you want it to. Highly durable. Moderately interesting and stylish, without being tooo pretentious. Best trait: If I lose it, I can get a new one exactly the same for the cost of a pack of playing cards.

What is his pain? Why?

You forgot transhuman tier:
- Kindle remembers the last page you opened

faggots

As I read, I rip out the pages that I have just completed, so I'm always on the front page.

A folded piece of paper with one side marked so I know where to look.

Yours is my favorite so far in this thread.

I am not the user who posted that originally, but BPA is commonly used on receipt paper. BPA can trigger an estrogenic response in the body.

See:
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0110509

>you can turn into a cute girl by touching paper
nice

You may only read IJ with this

I think the most Veeky Forums thing is to get some neatly laminated bookmark with a good fabric string and use it until it's worn out and ripping.

Well, if you are a female, it might heighten some female secondary sexual characteristics (I guess this might make a person subtly "cuter" to some people). However, in males, BPA exposure will likely decrease testosterone levels, but will not drastically change the male's sexual characteristics. He would not turn into a girl. His testes might lose some volume. I do not know what might be considered cute. He will not become a girl by most conventional definitions, I would not think.

medpagetoday.com/publichealthpolicy/environmentalhealth/21882
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0890623807002377

A blank index card.

I currently use book depository bookmarks, intercity bus tickets, city bus tickets and scrap paper I torn from my notebook.
>Running around like a poisoned mouse to get a bookmark
Weird feel

I have a card with my name and contact information and the offer of a reward if my book is ever found.

The receipt they print out at the library with the due date on it, so I don't forget

I made a bookmark with a white piece of paper. I write every book I've read this year on it. It looks pretty nice and it's like having a small library.

Comfy

Whichever ones book depository gives you.

That's clever. You should do it every year and save them up.

I go to the local bookstore and take all of the free bookmarks of the month they have and have a deck of various bookmarks.

Cash, rulers, pens.

I use these

bookmarks are a psyop to make all the plebeians out themselves to us natural-born literati. hint: literature worth reading is exclusively bound in high quality hardcover editions with built-in cloth bookmarks. anything else is basically a cheap pamphlet that validates your normie rationalizations for how painfuly unremarkable you are. stay butthurt.

Each book needs their own bookmark.

My preference of bookmark is a leather strip. They're hard to find, mostly found in gift shops of museums. As a result, the designs are always terrible, however I love the feel of them, particularly if they're suede on one side.

If they're not available I will use a card based one, which don't feel as nice but usually have better designs. As an emergency I may use a receipt.

I use one of my Death Grips tickets

Not even Christian

>They're hard to find, mostly found in gift shops of museums.
Not very hard to find if they're reliably in a certain type of building which most cities have a number of well-signposted examples.

Personally I use McDonald's receipts. They're hard to find, only available in certain fast-food restaurants.

Asking what bookmark you used is much the same as asking someone, when presented with their kitchen drawer, which fork do they use? All the reasonable things to use as bookmarks and all the forks serve the same purposes as functionally as each other. The answer, unless you're a child with a special plastic fork, or an adult with the mind of a child, should always be the same: Whichever is nearest to hand when I reach for it.

Why doesn't everyone just fold the page?

I did this once. It made a good read into even more of a satisfying reading experience.

This sounds like a really nice idea.

old piece of film. There's always a decentsized snippet on the roll with no photos.

This has nothing to do with literature. Sage.

this

free bookmarks from well-known/old bookstores + I also have a nice Oxford Uni bookmark I got from a store there

unironically these

Cooool.

What the fuck book is that?

It's The Legacy of Totalitarianism in a Tundra ... print edition. This board "wrote" it.

i use old tickets from concerts or shows. i got a flower show ticket from philly in my story of art book.

I found this recently after cleaning up and have been using it for a few books

Only problem is that it's a foot long and it sticks out quite a bit

im seeing them in philly in october. is it good? was it 100% white crowd?

Haven't gone yet, the tickets are for October. It will be my first concert ever.

Dried cum

This

Bookmarks and dildos are essentially the same thing: everything's one if you're brave enough.

>transhuman
Subhuman*

This

2017 uncirculated Brazilian 2 reais banknote. Pampered compared to 'normal' banknotes: less than five people will ever touch it. :B

what the fuck.

can i see pls?

>every single gift shop stocks leather bookmarks

They usually don't. Not here at least.

Stay fat though.

I read some of these books in english, but I think it's nicer to have all of the titles in the same language. I had to write the names of some short stories too, because the book was just an anthology without a title.

I may make a new one with thicker paper and with all the names in cursive.

>not tearing out each sheet after you read it

I use a Star Wars or Arale bookmark for Veeky Forums and philosophy and a bookmark with a Yeats quote from "Under Ben Bulben" for comics and genre fiction.
The patrician's choice however is a Magic card whose illustration, color text and name match the general atmosphere of the book

>Reading Beyond Good and Evil with a leather christian bookmark and not even Christian
Patrician spotted

>not using a tarot card

Veeky Forums posts

That piece of shit damages the spine of the book, you cunt

I use other books. I usually read a fiction and non-fiction book at the same time, the fiction ones I don't care about memorizing the pages, I just open and continue from the last part I remember reading - I always read entire chapters, so it's easy to find the place I last stopped. The non-fiction books usually are bigger, so I just put the fiction one inside him, or my notes when I don't have second book with me.

Sometimes I pick a flower or a leaf and use that as a bookmark,

>inside it*
I put my text in google translate to check for spellings and they fixed it too much.

starting using this one a couple years ago because it was the only thing I had at hand

Canadian Tire money or American dollar bills

i use a post card from dubai i found in a library book once.
i also have one that my mom bought me. i won't use anything else

I've been collecting those amazon missed delivery cards for bookmarks I have about 6 now I think

Literally whatever paper I can find around that's a reasonable size. Junk mail, business cards, dollar bills, string, receipts, whatever.

The less time thinking about bookmarks and more spent reading, the better.

Oh shit, its real?

Very nice

I have a fuckton of those leather bookmarks, latest is one from Wales with a kickass dragon on it.

I always enjoy using boarding passes and bookmarks that people leave in books when they sell them to secondhand shops.

>bookmarks that people leave in books
Yeah that's another reason I like secondhand books. Found this one made in commemoration of Elizabeth II's silver jubilee, the photo is from 1953. Seems like she used to be quite the fine piece of ass.

Journey to the West? I don't think "Pig" is a very good translation, but I can't really think of any striking alternatives either