Everyone had girlfriends edition.
Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

client00.chat.mibbit.com/?channel=#al/ck/&server=irc.rizon.net
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you prefer IRC
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?channel=#al/ck/&server=irc.rizon.net

r u drunk m8?

>tfw been in steady relationships for 95% of the last 15 years until the last gf broke up with me
>had sex once in the past 2 two years and was too drunk to cum

>person on Veeky Forums has been in relationships for 15 years
Oh, so you had a GF when you were 3, did you? You're not fooling anybody.

Because al/ck/ is full of 18 year old's?

Yes.

Most alcoholics become set in their ways before 20. 18 is the median point.

By 25 most people lose the pubescent recklessness that leads people to drink so much that they become addicted.

People who haven't been introduced to excess drinking by 20 are statistically unlikely to encounter that world, just like people who are virgins after 30 tend to remain virgins for the rest of their lives.

>I JUST DRANK FOUR. BEERS.

Some of us are getting up there in age, user. Why do you think we drink so much?

Because our consumerist society that profits from consumerism convinces the general public that gratification is the goal of life. I doubt I'd feel much smarter than all of you if many of you were so much older than I am.

Alcoholism pre-exists consumer society. Alexander the Great was an alcoholic. Was he just a hedonist?

No. He probably had issues which we'll never truly understand because some facts of his life were simply never recorded.

Anyway, I'm talking about alcoholism right now. Today. Not hundreds of years ago.

>I doubt I'd feel much smarter than all of you if many of you were so much older than I am.
that hurt my head reading that shit nigga what the fuck are you on about.

>most people become alcoholics before they are old enough to buy booze
>alcoholism is the result of pubescent recklessness and not years of habitual drinking

Now you're just spouting bullshit for the sake of spouting bullshit.

Puberty lasts many years, my friend. It's where such habits start.

Test

Is there nothing interesting to you happening on /pol/ right now? Fuck off.

This isn't going to get any better, is it?

Been a serial monogamous for the last 20 years. Been a drunk for the last 10.
Life is suffering
t.tequila and beer

>tfw fucking up relationships
Alcohol is a terrible way to drown my losses.

I didn't realize that the idea of puberty continuing until 25 was so political. I didn't even vote for Trump! But only because I didn't vote.

Brilliant show. You're definitely not a faggot. Seek help my user.

>no family
>no friends
>no partner
>no decent money
>lease runs out soon
It was comfy.

What a fucking retarded drawing of a cup.

Cyclical behavior: the beverage! Drink to have the courage to make mistakes, drink to kill the guilt of making them, and repeat.

Don't worry, eventually all the girls you knew from your youth will have blocked all forms of communication with you as they go to college and marry but you keep sending them drunken messages of unrequited love and lust, and after that socializing in general is such an anxiety ridden chore that meeting new ones becomes impossible. Then you either become prison gay or drown in all crushing loneliness till death.

Sorry for getting /r9k/ with it but if you can remotely hold a woman's interest or a relationship with them I can't imagine what could be so wrong with your life that you choose to be an al/ck/ poster. Obviously you have the abilities to build a foundation for a life that is good enough a woman would want to be a part of it, is it unresolved childhood trauma or something then?

I wouldn't drink nearly as much if at all if I only had someone to love me back in my life. Every woman I talk to sees nothing of value in me, the only one who tells me I'm worth a shit is my heaven-sent mother who I will someday no longer have around either.

This is Veeky Forums, not /r9k/. Also it's the alcohol which has ruined the relationships and made me entirely unattractive to the opposite sex, not the other way around.

I already apologized. My question was: if you were already capable of being loved by another, what drove you to drink enough to ruin it?

Anyone have experience with the anti-depressant Citalopram?

A bullet in the head also cures cancer, technically.
And this whole "wine is good for your health" was a wine lobby ad.

Get a vape and some weed. Or just weed, still better than booze.

>Smartness is proportional to age
According to you, you're underage.

>I wouldn't drink nearly as much if at all if I only had someone to love me back in my life.
Let me tell you what would happen if you found a gf : you'd still be an alkie and you'd fuck up your relationship when drunk.

Alcoholism. It's an addiction, it doesn't need external factors or excuses, ethanol is enough.

Your weiner doesn't function after a while. You also lose your ability to feel emotions and grow dead inside. I managed to talk my way out of SSRIs/SNRIs and got prescribed klonopin. Now I'm addicted to benzos.

YMMV

Wait until you have a family. Thats real stress. You cant break down or give up because people are relying on you to be a man. I drink every night and all day when im not wage slaving but i put on a mask of happiness so my wife and children dont get worried. Its fucking exhausting

I'm the last 2 quotes- while I still go balls to the wall with binge drinking during the bad times which has been near constant the last 6 years since graduating HS, if I had a lover to do better for I would, and the bad times would be much less bad. I have basically been using unnaturally induced dopamine as a replacement for oxytocin my whole adult life.

One of the few I haven't tried. If anyone is wondering about Paxil however, I have been finding success with it in treating my P-OCD aka Pure-O without the side effevts of wrecking my gastrointestinals, making my dick not work as I have with others.

That's exactly what I want and need. Unfortunately you can't have a family until you have your shit together, but I have no desire to have my shit together as long as my mother is the only one who gives a fuck about me on the planet. Its a real catch 22

>if I had a lover to do better for I would
That's not how it works. You get better to find a lover, then neglect yourself.
At least that's what normies do.

I feel you brother. I was a NEET who spent his days drinking and walking the streets with no purpose. My girl fell pregnant and i couldnt stand the thought of being a peice of shit dad like my dad was so i took a factory floor job in a cement factory. I was only 18. Now im 23 and we have a 2 yr old and a 1 yr old. If you told me i would be a married father of two, i would of laughed but life can change so quickly. But now i have a whole new set of problems..mostly stemming from child hood traumaus.

My doctor will only prescribe me so much klonopin at a time, so when I quickly run out I end up just going into work drunk.

It is exactly how it works for me, I'm no snowflake but its a conclusion that has withheld the tests of my lifetime. I think there are many like me- men with high work ethic and big hearts but who care far more about the sake of another than the sake of ourselves.

Honestly, I swore off psychiatry and therapy for a decade because I kept getting idiots who refused to actually listen and drew all of their concluaions directly from the book and their education. They were no help and I chalked the entire industry up to being a money and pharma scam. Them after needing to get clean from opiate use (stemming from social phobia) I was recommended by another addict friend a psychiatrist who actually helped me get clean by prescribing the right drugs that I needed to both taper off opiates and treat my panic disorders, not just give me whatever SSRI that would grant him a bonus from Pfizer. Then he recommended me a therapist who actually helped me come to the conclusion that I have more than just social anxiety but actually a specific form of OCD that causes intrusive thoughts and excessive rumination that basically makes me a shell of a person in public. With their help I've been making huge strides in being more functional... At this point its just heartbroken boozing that is doing me in

Tl;dr sounds like you have a special thing and I would encourage you to try to find professional help for your trauma... The hardest part is finding a "professional" worth half a shit, who will treat you like a human instead of a cash cow

I have the same thing- only get a 7 day supply at a time. I know its hard to resist, but its been going over my prescribed dose and mixing with alcohol for recreational use that fucks me over. Using it as prescribed can actually do wonders, just gotta keep your tolerance low and follow doc's orders.

go home, you're drunk

I had 5.

>consumerist society
Stopped there agelet.

Also probably a faggola with borderline heroine use.

Well good thing I don't have a dick, so I don't give a shit about that. I do have a pretty healthy sex drive though, so it would suck if I lost interest in that for me and my boyfriend. I am however worried about the lack of emotion thing. I don't want to become a fucking robot.

I guess we'll see how it affects me. If it's shit, I'll ask my doctor for something else. In the end, I mostly care about not relapsing for the millionth time.

It can indeed be quite comfy having no family/friends/partner and not much money. In truth I'm on welfare, but I'm actively working towards a career in writing and so far I'm averaging about $100 a month. If I focused entirely on ghostwriting rather than on my own self-published books, I'd probably be making more. I'm not investing any money on properly made covers, or on editing or advertising or anything like that so perhaps that's why I make much more money on ghostwriting than on the books I release. I also don't use social media for marketing and I don't have a 'mailing list' or whatever it's called however I do have a few readers from a few different continents who have discovered my stuff and love it. Awesome guys.

I feel like a disgusting leech on welfare, but I can see the appeal that people have to it. I don't even need to be writing; I could just sit back and live off of what I'm given from the government, but I want to be independent and my resumes haven't been earning me any calls so for now I keep writing. On average I basically end up with around $250 spending money every 2 weeks and that's after all the bills are paid. Maybe $20-40 on average every 2 weeks on groceries (helps that I go to a Food Bank every month even though I probably don't have to but I save money where I can), about $75-100 every 2 weeks on alcohol, might treat myself to fast food every now and then but usually no more than $10-15 every 2 weeks, $10 a month for the cell phone bill... I've been doing pretty good on saving money lately. Should still have over $100 in my wallet come February and within the first week of the month I'll be getting over $250. Should also be getting another $200 from taking part in a 'back to work' program which will help me, as it says, get 'back to work'.

>what is autism: the post

can someone explain the fear and tapering to me, I'm not exactly an al/ck/ yet but I do go on benders every once in a while and definitely feel the fear.

I WANT TO STOP
BUT DRINKING IS THE ONLY TIME I FEEL ANYTHING AT ALL
KILL ME

I voted for the black guy with a wig. Pretty sure his dad was prez so no worries he got a blowy in his last term.

wtf dude, if you didn't like life then why did you have kids. You're the reason everything is wrong.

this looks familiar, what show is this from?

I had 5.

Not him, but fuck you for two reasons. First, I sneak drinks a few times a week behind my wife's back and more than likely knocked her up when I was drunk, and I'm going to be an excellent abusive father. And two, you stole my dubs, cocksucker.

Thanks bud really appreciate the insight and camaraderie

Norman?

>if you didn't like life then why did you have kids. You're the reason everything is wrong

So much this. If you aren't good with yourself, or with your lady friend, procreating is the worst possible thing you could do. Having kids isn't going to turn your life around or save your relationship; you're just going to fuck up some children and the cycle will continue.

>inb4 some white trash /pol/ garbage

I'm not him, but my name is Norman. It's a bit unnerving to see one's name on such a website when it's a fairly rare one.

Old or did your parents just hate you?

your genetic pool should be wiped from the earth, just like mine.

No can do, got strong swimmers and a decent personality. Sorry you suck at life more than a salty old al/ck/y.

>tfw you're a late 20s man who just moved back in with his mother
>tfw you make pizza naked at 2 AM
>tfw mom knows you're an al/ck/ie
>tfw she comes downstairs to yell at you for being trashed and you have to hide in the laundry room because you're naked
just fuck my shit up senpai

>Then he recommended me a therapist who actually helped me come to the conclusion that I have more than just social anxiety but actually a specific form of OCD that causes intrusive thoughts and excessive rumination that basically makes me a shell of a person in public. With their help I've been making huge strides in being more functional
That sounds like me, and I feel like I've wasted every second of my life after high school (and during, I suppose)

She was so fucking hot, i couldn't believe my luck. a whole year she made me love her, then she just left right as i was falling apart.

I live with my grandmother and im about to turn 20. i try to tell myself its because she's old and i have to look after her but if i fuck up and lose my job she'll be looking after me.

>>/garbaggio/ with you and your trash family. I bet your wife looks like Amy Schumer.

Well she's Asian and 90lbs, maybe after she bloats up with babbys.

Oh so she's Amy Shumai.

No she's Viet, so Phuc Mai Duong.

That sounds stupidly like me, except I'm in my early 30's, and just recently moved back in with my mom, and she knows that I'm naked all the time, but at least put on some shorts when I leave my room. She also knows that I'm an alck, and can tell that I've gotten worse after seeing a few people.

I spent the better part of my 20's living with a girl who I kind of just assumed I'd marry and have kids with, but I got complacent and just started drinking more and more so she left me. I looked her up for some reason a few months ago (well, because I was drunk) and she's apparently lecturing at Harvard. She could legitimately be president some day and I'm naked and alone drinking vodka on a pull out couch in my parents' house.

Hate to burst your bubble, but having a relationship doesn't just magically fix addictions/addictive personality disorders.

Many of us are in relationships and are still alcoholics; we were just fortunate enough to find someone who loves us enough back to be by our side or puts up with it. Do we enjoy hurting them? Fuck no.

>Do we enjoy hurting them? Fuck no.

They're usually just trying to help because they care about you. But they usually aren't sure how to help, and any suggestion of cutting back, or going a night sober, feels like an all out attack, so we get mad and push them away; and eventually lose them.

Alcohol addiction is no joke. I'd never suck dick for a shot of vodka, but slowly and surely I've burned bridges and completely lost people in my life whom I really cared about; and I'm well aware of how much of a dick and an asshole I've been.

>usually feel nothing when drinking
>managed to get sloppy drunk last night on 1/3rd of what I usually drink in a night

What the fuck happened?

Well, personally I never get mad with my partner about it because I've wanted to quit for ages now and I understand and agree with it.

I've lost people too, but fortunately over the years many people in my life have come to realize how much I don't enjoy this lifestyle and how badly I want out of it. I allow people to help me, but relapsing is so insanely hard to avoid.

You forgot to take your naltrexone.

I used to lurk these threads thinking I was better off than you lot. Fuck no, I am not.

I ended up dating my mental health caseworker as her client. I have like one person to talk to because I'm al/ck/ and can't disclose our relationship other than "we met through a friend." Fucking christ you guys, I'm biting the bullet and showing up to na this weekend. It's been some shit sailing but we all hit our breaking point some time, right? I seriously hope this shit is mine.

>spent the better part of my 20's living with a girl who I kind of just assumed I'd marry and have kids with, but I got complacent and just started drinking more and more so she left me
this is exactly me. feels bad man

My rehab lady person (monthly check ins with urine tests, etc.) made a move on me, but she was on the larger side and reminded me of my last ex who kicked me out and forced me to move back in with my parents. She probably made good money, too.

Grass is greener. My therapist started calling me out on unresolved childhood trauma and my ex told me I'm destructive. Just because a woman thinks you look good and you get her to laugh a bit doesn't mean fuck all, you are some toxic shit as an addict.

What kind of life do you think you'd end up in if you went for it? Mine was a downward spiral but I'd like to think it could be different. What if she was attractive? Do you think it was a power play? Mine was always hiding the fact that she was my caseworker.

>I'd never suck dick for a shot of vodka,
Would you if you were withdrawing and it was your only way to avoid a delirium tremens?
Could your life reach a point where this scenario is plausible if you continue drinking, increasing your consumption like you have since you started?

It's possible your liver is dying. It has a few days left if you don't go to ER now. It's an excruciatingly painful death, I suggest going to ER for end of life treatments even if you don't want to live.
Shat ground coffee recently?

>Could your life reach a point where this scenario is plausible if you continue drinking

I mean, maybe if I had a roommate who kind of looked like me and needed someone to drive me to the store and he gave me the shot before I had to do it. But if my life ever really starts getting that bad I'll probably end up in low income housing within walking distance of a liquor store.

I'm 28, never had a girlfriend. Never had sex. Don't have a job right now. No friends in the state.

>I'll probably end up in low income housing
Me after next month.

Sorry you guys are suffering so much. I'm at 24 days sober haven't touched the stuff since New Years. The first four days sucked but after that I was fine. I wish you all the best. Your life will only improve if you quit drinking. I'm sure I'll relapse eventually but it won't be today.

I quit drinking 25 days ago and I don't think I'm going back. My father passed away last April due to drinking and chewing fentanyl patches he somehow got. He had diabetes and foot neuropathy and told me he got the patches from his doctor but a doctor wouldn't give those to someone with that condition. I would go over his house sometimes and he would only have 1-2 beers but his roommate would tell me he'd find him passed out in his room with stacks of empty cans but my roommate was also a heavy drinker so I can't really believe him.

I miss drinking but I don't miss how shitty and how out of whack my mind would be the day after. I'm taking SSRI's and have been taking them for about a year so adding alcohol to that mix made it worse. The only advice I can really give someone is stick to beer since it's easier to taper that way. If your state has medical marijuana use that to help you taper. I won't lie marijuana makes me paranoid as shit but if you find the right caregiver they some offer THC tintures that let you dose how much marijuana you're in taking. It makes you kind of high but stick with a higher CBD strain or tinture and you should be good to go.

Good luck anons.

they offer some*

>if I had a lover to do better for I would

No, you wouldn’t.

I know a guy who's really smart, totally rich, and has a gf who is the same, with a stable career. She's about to have one as well.
Seriously relationships don't just cure alcoholism.

>28
>still a virgin
It's gotta just be a meme, r-right guys? Surely I'll get it together enough to have a gf and sex at least once in my life?

The second one I suppose, but to be honest, I rather like it. The media mostly gives it a nerdy/psycho vibe to it I suppose but that's ok. I've got no intentions of changing it.

Looks like an American dog version of Ugandan Knuckles the hedgehog.

So while being a heavy drinker due to my nervous system being royally fucked, coffee always made me super jittery.

Question to those of you who have managed to quit; Did that change at all for you as time went on? I would like to enjoy a cup or two a day again, but as of right now it makes me so jittery it's almost like withdrawal tremors.

>tfw never had a girlfriend

I think this must just be a tech age thing, my teen years revolved around getting drunk every day, wandering aimlessly around the streets, bumping into drunk girls and practically being raped by them. A drunk 14 yo will fuck anything. As for parties, I mean, people sometimes literally wouldn’t even ask. If they saw a drunk hottie they’d just start fucking them. Everyone just shrugged it off because it was the norm.

kill yourself

me too bud

>but a doctor wouldn't give those to someone with that condition
You'd be surprise what kind of fuck ups doctors can do.

It's as easy as not drinking!

I didn't start drinking until I was 18 because literally none of my social circle did any drugs. None of us were trying to be straight edge, we just never touched any substance and were having fun basically all the time.
Same group I go to university with, we all start drinking, me and my best friend way more than anyone else. Went to massive parties constantly, like I'm talking about partying just fucking continuously. Took me 5 years of that to become full blown alcoholic.
I graduated with a BA degree, and was in bed with a chick twice but didn't fuck her, and I'm actually glad I didn't. However that is the extent of my physical experience with woman.
All friends move to different parts of the country including me. Have no social circle now.
I don't have an easy time envisioning ever having new friends and then there's the completely separate question of ever hoping to feel normal about getting a gf, at least once, ever.
/blog

>tfw not drinking so I can drive around and run errands
>2 cashiers out of 5 that I paid commented about my hands visibly shaking

I fucking hate when cashiers do this

Read Fallada's "The Drinker"

That goes for everyone ITT

The only time I wasn't binge drinking or doing drugs in my life was when I had a girlfriend who I talked to or saw daily and had a mutually supportive relationship.

I don't know why you all think you're experts, you sound more like normies who just happen to be hardcore alcoholics. You remind me of AA goers with the incessant repetition of EVERYONE IS THE SAME ALCOHOL WILL ALWAYS WIN. You don't fucking know me.

I decline, thanks for the offer though.

& if you're wondering how I lost said gf, it had nothing to do with drugs or alcohol either. It was entirely my insecurity as a 17 year old idiot with frenemies who spun me a story of her cheating despite having no evidence. Even if she was, I should have stuck with her and married anyways. The real abuse only kicked up once it became evident that that would be my first and last shot with a girl worth a shit who actually cared for and valued me, which still rings true 7 years later

>mfw I started drinking at 21 and lost my virginity at 36

Hated it, felt physically derailed.

>Fallada
I see someone has patrician taste