Air fryer

Thinking about getting a 3.5 L air fryer. A friend has one and really likes it.

Anyone else have an air fryer? Likes? Dislikes?

I'm sorry OP but fuck this meme

Wtf is this

How is an air fryer different from a convection oven?

well one you can carry and the other not so much

love mine

>well one you can carry and the other not so much

How is an air fryer different from a convection oven with Pic Related in the oven?

One is a useful appliance you can cook other delicious things in.
The other one blows hot air on a handful of food.

the problem i have with it is that you cant make much at once. going by the instructions, it took me like 20 minutes to make a small batch of chicken. that wasnt enough to feed me. it really is all in small batches. if you are feeding multiple people, its not worth it.

it's basically the same idea as a George foreman grill - compact single serving meals

It's nice for finishing my pre baked bread in the morning a lot quicker then in my oven. but for big meals it's useless anything remotely nice takes forever

Worthless...buy a toaster oven with a fan

Isnt this supposed to be closer to a deep fryer on the way it cooks food than a convection / toaster oven?

I thought the whole point of it was the deep fried taste / texture with less oil

well i mean first off a fryer cooks things in a pool of hot oil

have a green tefal one, it's shit. i hear there are fryers that rotate the potatoes inside them at an angle, get one of those

And? Im asking if this produces a similar product as thats what they advertise. If it was a 1:1 deep fryer, I wouldnt need to ask this question?

>I thought the whole point of it was the deep fried taste / texture with less oil
This. Less oil is less waste/less cost. Having less oil to store or dispose of is a perk for people who fry in more expensive oil or who don't want a hassle or to be wasteful.
Some people say it makes the food healthier, but properly fried food absorbs little oil anyway (right temperature, no crowding, proper draining.

Parents gave me one for Christmas so I wouldn't use my deep fryer anymore. Not worth it. Doesn't taste at all like deep frying and can't make most of the same things. Plus the rotating arm makes the batter fall off whatever you're frying.

my girlfriends parents got me one for christmas.So far i've used it to make warm sandwiches and cook fries. It's a pretty decently sized one so even not filling the rotating basket to max capacity, it's still twice what I can eat, and they were all cooked perfectly. while I want to use it more before I tell people if they should buy one or not, the outcomes looking pretty good.

>Doesn't taste at all like deep frying and can't make most of the same things.
This is what I was looking for, thanks.

These seem like a scam to me.

Won one from a company raffle last Christmas season.
It makes the fries look good, but then they're undercooked if you try to put in more than a handful in.
It's good for reheating up frozen fried foods without having to fire up the oven, but not much else.

imo we should sticky one of these posts and ban the rest

fuck you

i bought one of these and it is great for chicken tendies, fries (sweet or regular) done in about 20 minutes and as good as fried

everything isn’t a meme faggots

>Likes: Fast and doesn't need to be cleaned each time
>Dislikes: Nobody cleans them ever and the resulting product lacks in flavor.

>He doesn't clean his shit.
>Then bitches that nobody cleans their shit.

I think you're misunderstanding me, but it's okay, I read your hat and I'll be patient.

One of the marketing points of the device is that it doesn't need to be cleaned as often. This results in people not taking adequate care of this particular unitasker.

Just an expensive French fry maker.

Convection ovens aren't very common in America. Even moreso in low to medium-end apartments.

This. I ended up giving mine away. If you want hte foods to cook evenly, you can't load it to its advertised capacity. It pretty much is only good if you plan to heat stuff you'd normally cook in an oven/deep fryer. So stuff like:

-Chicken strips/tendies
-Frozen Potato stuff.
-Onion Rings.
-Fish Sticks

etc.

If you stick to those kinds of things it works great, and not having to use oil is definitely handy. But it takes up a fair amount of counter space, and doesn't work well at its intended capacity.

You like frozen shit prepared in smol batches, it is something 4u.

Maybe in large cities. Ive never seen an apartment so shitty that it didnt even have a basic oven / range.

Do they also lack refrigerators?

I had one on recommendation from a friend, honestly I just thought it made stuff taste like it was just baked.

It is good for some stuff, like fries and unbreaded chicken wings but really that's all. It's maybe better than a regular convection oven for them since they'll cook more evenly without burning on whatever side would touch the pan, especially for air fryers that have those spinny arms to constantly turn whatever's cooking.

I could maybe recommend one if you're a pleb who's afraid of dipping stuff in oil but if you already have a proper deep fryer then they're really just a poor imitation.

>being so poor you have to fry air to eat

It is more like a deep fryer. Makes really good french fries in like 10 minutes. My parents got one a month or so ago and they use it quite a bit.

I'm sticking with my instantpot though...a lot more uses with that.

>air fryer
oven

Can’t connect to WiFi and can’t login on FB

But how does it work?

An air-blowing toaster oven (convection) with a reservoir for heated oil that mists over it?

A heating coil and a fan.
Literally.

My mom got a phillips one recently, good fries come out of it, and it can make a pretty decent grilled cheese and brussel sprouts. There's a bit of a learning curve, but I like it so far. I've heard that the breville smart toaster oven does a lot of the air fryer stuff and more, but I can't speak to it personally.

That's goddamn stupid. Probably only sells because it has "fryer," in its name, which honestly you could probably get a lawsuit rolling for that.

Now this motherfucker in pic related was a sleeper hit. A rotating broiler that was good for all types of frozen food.

>Now this motherfucker in pic related was a sleeper hit. A rotating broiler that was good for all types of frozen food

That thing looks like it won't properly heat shit and you'll end up with a lukewarm soggy mess.

Looks like it, but I was pleasantly surprised getting it as a gift. It didn't advertise it, but you can put a myriad of shit like fried clam strips, chicken fingers, and frozen egg rolls and just take them off as each one is done (flipping the latter two, of course).