I thought Hitchens was going crazy for a few paragraphs but the truth was much worse

I thought Hitchens was going crazy for a few paragraphs but the truth was much worse

hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk

>Here’s an idea for a truly original police series. It opens at a weekend police conference promoting ‘gender equality’, in a comfortable modern hotel.

>A drunken woman is yelling at a fellow guest: ‘You will be judged professionally on the size of your t***.’ She then pulls down the front of her own dress, revealing her breasts, and declaims: ‘Look at these, look at these, these are the breasts of someone who has had three children. They are ugly but I don’t feel the need to pump myself full of silicone to get self-esteem.’

>The drunk woman turns out to be the Assistant Chief Constable of a vibrant modern liberated police force. She keeps her job. The other woman turns out to be a police superintendent in the same outfit. I might add that this event actually happened in real life. The force was Greater Manchester.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F4mtxbB-MsE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Britain is lost.

I really thought his ilk of stodgy uptight holiet than thou humorless cunts has expired a long long time ago.

No wonder British police is incompetent then.

Imagine my shock when the current bomber had been visited by police two weeks ago and they found bombs but didn't arrest + Ariane Grande concert bomber was on a watchlist and the police didn't react anyways.

They're in fashion again among the resentful crowd who aren't enjoying the bounties of sexual emancipation and a laissez-faire societal attitude towards drug use.

This at least applies to anyone whining about degeneracy on Veeky Forums. If you're on Veeky Forums, you're by definition a part of the same degeneracy, albeit a more cowardly and less fun kind of it.

Complaining about degeneracy on a Chileab Earthquake Survivor Anime Safehouse is thoroughly lacking self awareness.

British police: youtube.com/watch?v=F4mtxbB-MsE

Have hedonists ever made an actual argument in support of what they do?

>I do it because I like it so fuck off

everyone is a hedonist
name the last thing you did that didn't benefit you in some way directly or indirectly

This belongs on /pol/, not the literature board, you fucking faggot

No, you just think it's an echochamber. There is nothing to rejoice in keeping league wholly with the faithful. Now extricate that lesson. I hope you're under 25, nothing is more sad than a fully developed adult human deceiving themselves in the justification of their degenerate proprieties.

>everyone is a hedonist
The search for arguments continues

He's the last non-supreme gentleman alive.

>the current bomber had been visited by police two weeks ago and they found bombs but didn't arrest
Don't underrate very peaceful bombs.

Janice Griffith is cute as shit but she has the worst facial expressions

Jej

here's an ancient one:
>the good life is the happy life
>happiness is the the achievement of the highest human good
>the highest human good is the ultimate end of human activity
>the ultimate end of human activity is pleasure

That's what I'm asking them to show.

Heroin addicts are thus the most human of us, since they achieve the greatest pleasure.

they are not even actual hedonists, but self righteous conformists who defend the existing order above all. The truth is, we live in an utterly sexless, yet oversexed society. eroticism is dead. liberalism has ruined debauchery and degeneracy for everyone.There is no such thing as 'transgression' anymore because even 'transgression' has been opened up to regulation.

What if I get my pleasure from creating high trust, homogeneous, low crime and productive communities based on nuclear families in a society that fundamentally bases it's values on Christian morality and shuns or straight up ousts those who would seek to subvert it?

When weighing the pleasure heroin gives compared to it's pain, heroin is not a pleasure in the eyes of a hedonist, it's actually a pain that needs to be avoided.

>Nazis
>Christian

Lel

From an Epicurean perspective, I think that would qualify as a pleasure. Consider that his ideal form of pleasure was simple and wholesome, drinking wine in a garden while having conversations with good friends. I think simple pleasures such as preserving culture and tradition could qualify as Hedonistic.

And what are you doing here?

So Hitchens hates women who had three children and don't have silicone tits?

This made me laff a little bit

>‘You will be judged professionally on the size of your t***.’ She then pulls down the front of her own dress, revealing her breasts, and declaims: ‘Look at these, look at these, these are the breasts of someone who has had three children. They are ugly but I don’t feel the need to pump myself full of silicone to get self-esteem.’
What did she mean by this? Coming from a femal cop, isn't this like talking about your big balls?

Why the fuck would pleasure-seekers ever go through the unstimulating act of justifying themselves

DUDE, 2ND IN COMMAND POLICE OFFICERS REVEALING THEIR BREASTS IS A NORMAL OCCURRENCE, LMAO

If you know why you want something, you can better understand how to get that thing directly and even if you really do want that thing

No, a person who used heroin but wasn't addicted and fitted into a load of other drugs and also orgies or whatever would achieve the greatest pleasure. That's ignoring dependence and tolerance development, which are even bigger factors for addicts since they don't have a diverse set of activities to give them pleasure

Then you're spooked my man

The search for pleasure is fundamental, basically it just makes sense. There's not really any argument I can make without jumping over the is-ought gap

>normal = good

>morality
It's all a load of emotivism regardless of what arguments you make and for which position you make those arguments for.
I do because of brain chemistry is the only valid argument for any action of this kind.

Newfag I've been here all summer

>>normal = good

DUDE, ALLOW ME TO JUST STRAWMAN YOUR POST, LMAO

Low-cost, high-trust, high productivity societies contain immense surplus value. Either pay up or add barbarians to increase total utility until trust falls to the market rate.

What else did you mean by normal?

>dude weed and sex and live and let live LMAO

>ironises over hedonism
>posts a picture of a """""stoic""""" who was chronically high off of his tits on opium and basically wrote his entire philosophy as a giant justification of why he was literally a cuckold

We get it already, you read the huffington post.

No I don't, it's profoundly unenjoyable.

Then where did you get the idea that Aurelius was "chronically high off his tits"?

A scholarly paper by T.W. Africa from 1961 I found on JSTOR.

My hedonism lead me to read that. Your -whatever- lead you to read the Huffington Post by your own admission.

What's the lesson here? I think I can see it, but do you?

In other words you just threw "Marcus Aurelius optimum addiction" into google and clicked the first link, which happened to be a debunked 6-page paper? it really isn't a good day for shitposting.

>he smoked opium
>LOLOL """""STOIC""""""? I THINK NOT! HE WAS A POTHEAD JUNKIE, HEDONISM FTW

You've obviously never done heroin, faggot.

He isn't aware the opium Marcus was taking would have been lower or around the strength of codeine and purposely prepared to minimize any psychoactive effects.

And he only took it when necessary at night before bed.