Any tips on cooking chicken breast, in a semi healthy way that makes it not taste so bland?

Any tips on cooking chicken breast, in a semi healthy way that makes it not taste so bland?
I personally am not the biggest fan of the flavor but you know, chicken is chicken, you gotta get your protein on and I'm trying to avoid just frying the shit out of it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/if0hMg6WjdE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Seasoning.

Ok, like what? Nothing I throw in there seems to stick. Maybe I'm not throwing enough shit in there

If I was going healthy, I'd just boil it, put some kind of slight topping on it, cheese like cheddar or alfredo, a little bit of butter, along with spices.

Marinate your chicken in lemon or lime juice and oregano. Flavorful, nothing unhealthy.

Pan. Heat. Olive oil Lightly lightly dredge breast in flour salt pepper garlic. Both sides 4-5 min. Oven 375F. 5 min or til cooked through. Set aside. Same pan. 1/4tbsp butter. 1/4 cup chicken stock. Sauce done. Youre welcome

Adobo

Coat it liberally with Cajun seasoning and bake at 400 degrees for about 25-30 minutes.

>Coat it liberally with Cajun seasoning
disgusting, why are you here?

Alright thanks guys, I'll have to try some of these.
Keep em coming
Does it make much of a difference if I let the seasoning marinating overnight rather than just for like an hour before cooking? I was hoping to have some for dinner tonight, which is in about 2 hours or so

Season with salt, pepper, citrus zest, chili powder.
Pan: nice and hot, with a drizzle of olive oil.
Serve with a nice squeeze of the citrus and your favorite salsa.
Nice, simple, delicious.

I hope you mean 15-20 minutes

>boiled chicken breast
One way trip on the truck of peace to flavor town

Side note if your buying those giant hormone infused breasts, you know the ones that look like they came off a damn turkey youll need to adjust those times

I've also done quick 1hr marinades, and it's turned out fine. Just fill up a baking sheet with the juice, sprinkle the breasts with oregano, and flip therm over a couple times. 350 degree bake, and you've got the easiest fucking healthy dinner I've ever made.

>bland
Your tastebuds are fried from HFCS.

I was about to start a similar thread, but I saw this so I'll just post this here.

I'm looking for some tips on how to actually cook the chicken, because I'm pretty sure I've got the seasoning part down. Whenever I try cooking chicken breast, the texture is just all wrong. It tastes too rubbery, not that juicy and flavorful kind you'd get from a restaurant.

basically, how do you cook chicken the proper way?

Skilley or cast iron to get the crust then into the oven for 20 mins to cook through. Season as needed. Salt and pepper at least

To trigger you. I follow you around in every thread to post better opinions than yours.

Don't buy chicken that's had saline or broth injected, it gives it a bad texture because they usually put in too much to make it cheaper. And don't buy thin sliced chicken. Thin sliced chicken is okay for something like breading and frying but not if you want juicy chicken.

Marinate the chicken. Mix whatever seasonings you want with enough oil to coat the chicken, and then add just a tiny bit of something acidic like lemon or vinegar. Make sure there's salt in the marinade too, it'll help the chicken stay tender and juicy.

Don't overcook it. It shouldn't take more than 8-10 minutes in a frying pan or 20 minutes in an oven depending on thickness. Use a meat thermometer if you have one until you get the timing down.

>Don't buy chicken that's had saline or broth injected
How could one tell?

Oregano with lemon is the GOAT chicken seasoning.

Thanks user, I'll write down these tips. The only time I've ever made a halfway decent chicken was when I did a marinade, so I'll try that again with a better quality piece of chicken.

It should be listed on the packaging somewhere if it has it. It'll say something like in pic related, "X% of a solution added" but it's usually just salt water or cheap broth, not really worth it. If it doesn't say it on the package, it shouldn't have it.

Marinading makes very little difference compared to cooking the chicken properly.

Properly cooked chicken white meat is good seasoned even just with salt. Of course, it's also just protein, so a little garlic butter doesn't go amiss.

>Marinading makes very little difference compared to cooking the chicken properly.
It depends on what's in the marinade. A little bit of acid and salt can really improve. Properly cooking is definitely the biggest factor but a good marinade can still make a big difference.

>put lime\lemon juice, garlic and onion thin cutted and paprika or hot peppers
>mix and use those for cover chicken in a bowl >Let chill for 2 hours in your fridge then flip it and wait one hour more
>Cook in a pan
>Eat

alternatively use some white wine and some oregano while you cook it if you don't want to marinate.

I had a breast soaking in olive oil mixed with tumeric, corriander, black pepper and some other spices, left it over night sealed in the fridge. Fried it the next day. Partner complained it was still bland. Maybe I will try lemon juice next time.

You realize that with no acidic component it does nothing as a marinade

interesting
why is that

Yes I do.
That's why the three spices I named are used since they all have acidic qualities.
Next question please?

Adobo Goya that shit and cook it with Pan spray and onions and garlic. Advise, do put a lot of water in the pan, just like 2 tablespoons, the breast will make a lot of juice, and you don't want to boil the chicken.

Where in the wide world of sports did you get the idea any of those 'have acidic qualities'? Not even muh alkaline blood nutbags think any of those is acidic.

>pepper isn't acidic

It's not totally useless without acidity, but it does slightly tenderize the meat and balance out the flavors. If you just mixed salt with spices it would still improve the flavor and texture, but a little bit of acidity helps even more.

They have acidic qualities but they aren't used in amounts large enough to have the same effect as adding a bit of lemon, vinegar, etc. otherwise the taste from the spices would be overwhelming. Did you put salt? Definitely try the lemon, and also add a bit of fresh garlic or ginger.

breadcrumbs and parmesan. bake.

>25-30
Your chicken is done user.

Fuck breasts, thighs are so much better and cheaper.

Season liberally
Pan fry to build a crust
Finish in the oven

Cut into bite size pieces
Cook in a wok for 6-8 min add soy sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper ass it cooks.

Slow cooker
Add chicken with seasoning and salsa
Cook on low for 4-6 hours

Find a Greek marinade
Marinate chicken
Grill either to finish or make grill marks and finish in the oven

Cut into tenderloins
Drench in flour, eggs, ( optional bread crumbs) twice
Heat a pan with one inch of oil
Fry for 8-12 min

Or just buy a whole chicken and separate it yourself

Too easy
>wash chicken
>season with old bay/garlic salt and lemmon pepper
>throw in the oven at 375' F for 1 hour
>eat it

WHYIPIPO DUNNO HAWTO SEASON THEY MAR MUGGIN CHIGGIN

>healthy
>cheese
>butter

thx mr. amerilard

Don't forget to butterfly the chicken tits. It will be easier to cook, also much tastier since you won't have to munch a big slab of white meat.

Slice that shit up into cubes. Throw in a bowl with soy sauce, chopped ginger, 5 spice powder and garlic. wrap with cling foil and stick it in the fridge for an hour or two.

youtu.be/if0hMg6WjdE

Watch and learn

brining is pretty good

>Adobo
My nigga!

Salt, pepper, cumin, cayenne, taco or cajun seasoning whatever way you can get it. On top of beans and rice.

Make curry.

Season it before cooking it retard, don't just throw it in after and hope it works.

But what if he just wants the thighs?