How would you describe Russian culture in one sentence?

How would you describe Russian culture in one sentence?

Other urls found in this thread:

rt.com/politics/340158-most-russians-regret-ussr-has/
youtube.com/watch?v=MC1wqZzlREE
youtube.com/watch?v=-Lkot5r44OY
youtube.com/watch?v=W_tZNxyGAwI
thelema.ca/156/People/Crowley/The Heart of Holy Russia .html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

stoic nihilist

>inb4 muh religion

highest hiv rate in europe, drug epidemic of the worst degrees, alcoholism is normal

One thing I admire them for is how they hate nonwhites as much as me. They have a lot of Jews and Muslims, though, which I find abhorrent. I dont appreciate that they let women join their workforce, but respect that they found out that communism is for homosexual gays.

rush b cyka bleyat xD

haha roFl, nice~

Well, if you tell a russian that
a) Russia is just like Europe
b) Russia is nothing like Europe
he gets mad either way

You forgot "cold".

It's cold, let's get drunk.

>but respect that they found out that communism is for homosexual gays.
rt.com/politics/340158-most-russians-regret-ussr-has/
Also ethno-nationalism is the most stupid thing ever. You truly have no culture if your whiteness is what you are proud of.

"If you want the USSR back, you are a fool. If you dont miss it you have no heart"

cold winters, tepid economy, warm hearts

Russians are inhumanly Stoic and Nihilist compared to the normal Netflix watching, Starbucks westerners. It's impressive how much death and suffering that can take.

Stoic Nhilist is a good description, there is more there, but simply put Stoic Nihlist is good.

>he gets mad either way
And rightfully so: we are a Eurasian nation, which means we're like Europe in some ways and are completely different in others.

In Russia there are no cafes

Purely as an outsider who has never been there, it seems that Russians accept they will always have to fight. The land is their birthright because they are cursed. Who cursed them and why? What sins did their forefathers commit?

Maybe that's why they are so concerned with existential questions. Not in the ponderous way of the Western European aristocrat, bored with luxury. The Russian aristocrat is a prisoner in his wooden mansion. He wraps himself in furs and huddles by the fire simply to keep himself alive. He eats potatoes while his cousins eat foie gras. He wonders why he can objectively own so much and yet still struggle.

Is it that Russians are cold hearted brutes? or is it that Western men are effeminate and coddled?

dude just destroy st. petersburg lmao

Something averaged between Dostoevsky and Lenin.....

a bunch of pasty, peasant fucks with thin delicate feminine shaped lips.

a tree in the tundra

i envy them

why?

Asiatic.

Probably this

Stop that mental masturbating.

Russia is cold so people had to stay inside much. Which meant a lot of time for people to read and write. The more people read and write literature the bigger the odds of pooping out a masterpiece. Easy as pie.

You are wise. You have wise thoughts.

Why did God choose the Jewish people?

Russia has a metric fuck ton of Cafes.

russians always like to eat food that came out of an aliens ass

no different from any other culture. Most literature is relate able to anyone no matter where you are from. Its not like we read Dostoyevsky as a case study on Russian life

There is no correlation between weather and quality/quantity of literature and I didn't imply one. I even explicitly said there are authors in other locations pondering the same questions, only from a different perspective.

Veeky Forums is very quick to post a nice "EHH WRONG" non sequitur. Classic forum arguments, sans any actual conflict or point. I'm playing golf all on my lonesome and you come in with a loose chess piece and yell, "Checkmate!"

yoba eto ti?

unironically a good description

idi nahoi

>Ethnicity and skin color are the same thing
I know you're just being satirical but wew

Russian culture is a banch of ivory towers amoung wild environment in the middle of nowhere and nowhen with some sparkles of uberhuman talent of random people, that try to overcame unhuman ambience.

The Soviet era is amazingly beautiful
youtube.com/watch?v=MC1wqZzlREE
youtube.com/watch?v=-Lkot5r44OY

Harsh.

Also try this. It is a song from movie on the words of Rabindranath Tagore Last poem
youtube.com/watch?v=W_tZNxyGAwI

Complete separation of ethic and esthetic, political, personal, economical and so on, - born from dissapointment in any complex promising to marry those spheres, Russians are content with their almost transcendental hypocrisy.

Thanks! I like it.

Everything is gray.

Every russian man and every russian woman is a star

thelema.ca/156/People/Crowley/The Heart of Holy Russia .html

I can describe it in a single word:

Tsundere

Guys, who is the most 'Russian' among non-Russian philosophers and writers?

We haven't even established what 'Russian' is yet.

You can feel it in your heart.

Cucked

I think of stoic's I guess

Idk about philosophers, but I can certainly tell the most Russian of the Catholic saints, it's this fellow.

Well it's not like either of those is correct

How come the book about the early 20th century St. Petersburg with decadent bomb-throwing revolutionaries, bureaucrats with family issues, and literally demons has a kremlin and 17th century bearded boyar types on the cover?

average person over 15 smokes 2690 cigarettes a year

Intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor.

Didn't expected to find something really interesting, just wanted to know foreigner's thoughts about us. But this is prety good. This remainds me "The Infinite Deadlock" by Galkovsky.

>2690
That is 7 per day

you romanticise strife

That proto-hippy?

I assume you mean west-of-the-Urals Russian culture? Because these people have nothing to do with everything that's been said in this thread, yet they're russians.

Lots of alcohol and car crashes, pretty good writers and composers though.

What Western civilization looks like without liberalism.

>Russians are inhumanly Stoic and Nihilist compared to the normal Netflix watching, Starbucks westerners
Not the millenial russian tho. the western cancer has spread there through the influence of media

>They're Russians
No those are Mongols , silly user. Russians are Slavs. Just because they live in land owned by Russians doesn't make then Russian.

>Russians are cold hearted brutes
>When western romanticism and stereotypes of Russians mix together
They're a hardy people, sure, but that does not make them nihilistic or these inhuman automatons people stereotype them as.

Word up blyat

Russia is Russia, simply put

"I think I am going to have some caviar, mayonnaise, and porridge to go along with my vodka while I squat in my crumbling apartment."

Absolutely based and unique for one century.