What are foods you used to eat that undergo unnecessary recipe changes and are ruined forever?

What are foods you used to eat that undergo unnecessary recipe changes and are ruined forever?

>went from a pretty good snack into an oily, greasy mess with zero flavor or spice
I got a bag of these that were straight up fucking red and left nothing but oil on your fingers when they're supposed to be orange/yellow from the garlic/paprika/mustard powder.

These poppers at BJs used to have cheddar cheese in them. Now they have cream cheese in them and I can't find any poppers with cheddar cheese in them anymore.

>left nothing but oil on your fingers
>this barbarian eats food with his own fingers

What do you want me to do, use chopsticks? Wouldn't have improved the flavor, that's for fucking sure.

>being this much of an animal.

>use fork to stab fries
>now they're broken in half
>use fork to lift fries
>they fly off in random directions trying to get it in your mouth

Jack in the box nigga

>Jack in the box nigga
We don't have this in NYC

There is nothing that taste better after they "improve" the recipe.

I disagree there, Domino's got a hell of a lot better when they improved their recipe. Hell, same with the local Little Caesar's - the pizza from there used to be so fucking bad that I'd dread hearing someone say that we were stopping there, but around the time they came out with the deep dish, they stopped fucking it up and now it tastes like it would out of any other Little Caesar's.

>Domino's got a hell of a lot better when they improved their recipe
yes, but they are still the bottom of the barrel when it comes to chain pizza

How to get them to change it back? They are not the Honeycombs I know, and I thought just got a bad box on accident, but a second box confirmed it went to shit.

>he doesn't inhale his food

mars, nestle, and hershey's are desperately trying to phase out cocoa butter, and replace it with shitty, greasy palm oil.

it's already started among half their products.

enjoy them while you can.

Going from shitty to tolerable is still an improvement, and hey, at least it's not Pizza Hut. I get a stuffed crust once every couple years or so and there's consistently been less and less cheese in the stuffed crust over time. Last time I ordered one it might as well have been puffy crust with no cheese.

Been wondering why literally anything chocolste I've eaten in the past year or so has tasted like shit.

How about something where the recipe change improved it?
I almost feel like a shill for these at this point, but they were once the most universally loathed instant noodle. Noodle fans from Japan to US to Korea all collectively told Baijia "these taste like vomit" and Baijia listened.

They completely overhauled the recipe and now I can't stress this enough Baijia is now THE GOAT Chinese instant noodle. They have a ton of new varieties as well, picrelated is the original (and my personal favorite) but their Chongqing noodles and the new broad noodles are awesome too.

I looked online but surprisingly couldn't find anything about this. They changed the type of croissant they use at Burger King a few years ago, and ever since I just do not care for their breakfast. The old ones were less flaky but they were buttery smooth and delicious. The new croissants taste like cardboard in comparison, I haven't gone to get one in over a year because it just reminds me of what once was.

i swear this used to be so much better.

the original ones tasted like it came from a mom & pop bakery: dense and chewy, lots of roasted grain flavor.

now it's styrofoam wonder bread with caramel coloring and a few seeds.

pretty much any cereal from the 90's had their recipe nuked

Make your own then you whiny faggot it's a croissant with bacon egg and cheese in. Absolutely pathetic

There's no Jack in the box in New York?

Yeah I've tried, I just can't quite replicate the texture. It's almost like that was the point of the thread you homo.

No, there are none in the northeast and only a handful east of the mississippi. its pretty much a western thing

Mail them, I guess.

It was maybe 10 years ago when they changed the formula but I still don't know wtf happened

I had them so infrequently before that that I didn't notice a change. What happened?

Just overall cheaper. The meat is even more garbage quality than it used to be and the cheese is noticeably worse than the old ones.

The crust got a lot worse imo
...or maybe my tastes matured, who knows

I miss pre-21st century Domino's sauce. Fuck the """customers""" who complained

Kix just dont taste the same to me anymore

why palm oil? cheaper?

Oreo is arent the same I don't care about the marshmallows always hated those anyway but the glaze they have on the new shit wasn't there back n the day and thrbglaze makes it taste like ass

>meant Oreo O's

>he doesn't inject himself with his blended meal through IV

pre 2009 Sailor Jerry
I don't know what they did or why. But fuck whoever made the call.

Kraft Dinner. They changed their recipe to remove artificial flavours so they could market it as having natural flavours. Worse.

No one eats KD for health reasons, Kraft.

Genuinely used to enjoy this until they switched to baboon piss about a year ago.

Chef Boyardee Mini Bites
Chef Boyardee Lasagna

My two favorite varieties after Roller Coasters was discontinued in the early 90s.

With mini-bites, they replaced the cheese ravioli with using meat raviolis from their mini raviolis line of product.

With Lasagna, for a time they had a separate line of "Overloaded" versions of their brand, including an Overloaded Lasagna. I might have the separate line name wrong, but it had a different flavour for the sauce. They discontinued the Overloaded Lasagna line, and changed the regular lasagna sauce to somewhat resemble the Overloaded variety, thus ruining their iconic Lasagna.

4loco.jpg

LET ME TELL YOU ALL A FUCKING STORY ABOUT ALBERTSON'S COOKIES
These tasty motherfuckers were childhood fuel. You slap these bitches with a group of friends, a game of Melee and a tall glass of milk and you had a grand old time. These chewy, lightly salty morsels of goodness were to childhood what a glass of thick, murky ale is to the adult world. In every way that mass produced confections could be they were fucking king.
Then Albertson's merged with fucking Safeway and they changed the recipe completely. The chocolate tastes like fucking Easter candy, too much fucking sugar, and the texture OH FUCK ME THE TEXTURE it's like eating a fucking Chips Ahoy made by Nature Valley.
You killed my childhood and I'll never be able to have these tasty cunts back you fucking Bilderberg cocksuckers.

So it wasn't just me. I have been enjoying chocolate less and less. I thought it was me just growing older.