Is tikka masala suppossed to taste bland?

is tikka masala suppossed to taste bland?
i tried both chef jhons recipe and this
youtube.com/watch?v=HMfUsS9zeuw
and it comes out good and looking like in the video but its also a little disappointing because i expect curry to be really strong and flavorful

Other urls found in this thread:

vahrehvah.com/chicken-tikka-masala-indian-recipe
allrecipes.com/recipe/228293/curry-stand-chicken-tikka-masala-sauce/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Add more chili, garlic, coriander, ginger and white pepper.

why does all Indian food look like shit

>i expect curry to be really strong and flavorful
Tikka Massala isn’t a curry you dolt.

i dont add coriander because it tastes like soap to me
i see how more garlic and ginger could bring out the flavor a bit
i usually make red thai curry and that can easily be a mouthrape if im not careful, this is suppossed to be way blander right?

Henlo flyover

Tikka Massala isn’t Indian you retard

put salt on it

Most people believe it originated in somewhere in Britain. That being said it is inspired by Indian cuisine so therefore it looks like shit.

if it's bland you're probably getting the proportions of spices wrong or using too much or a weak tomato element.

I mean it's an Anglicized Indian dish, what did you expect? You should know by now that the English hate any strong flavor that isn't vinegar or salt.

It was created by a paki in Scotland.

It’s Scottish not English.

Either you are using shit spices or your taste buds are fucked up. Maybe try using the actual stuff and not the powdered shit.

Also, make sure your spices aren't old/expired. They say to refresh your spices about every 6 months, they start to lose their potency and become more bland.

Does your poop look different when you live on the coast? Mine doesn't.

double the spice then shit lad it isn't rocket surgery
also throw out that 6 year old bottle of fennel seeds it's dead get a new one

maybe its my graam masala? it looks more greyish than in the videos

Your poop shouldn't look orange either way.

And what I said about English food applies to Scottish food tenfold.

>Britbongs actually believe this

Tikka Masala is a variation of butter chicken. There is a lot of confusion about how it either started in India or was created in an Indian restaurant in Bongistan. It actually tasted good unlike the rest of food there so of course it got dubbed Bongistans national dish.

>There is a lot of confusion about how it either started in India or was created in an Indian restaurant in Bongistan
No there isn’t.
Cretin.

4 chicken thighs
1 can condensed tomato soup
2 heaping spoon fulls of curry paste

chunk and brown the thighs
add the wet shit and simmer for 20 minutes stirring regularly
when its done add a 2-3 scoops of plain full fat greek yogurt to temper the heat and turn it orange
serve over basmati rice

wala, the only chicken curry recipe you need. Better than any of the shit any restaurant has ever produced for me and easy as shit to make

>bongistanians believe they actually have decent food

I’m Australian, seppo.
I just happen to own a passport.

>openly admitting you're from a penal colony

I'm and indian and i suggest you to add more turmeric powder

tikka masala is the broccoli beef of indian food, it's for bland tasted boomers and flyovers

Sounds like complete ass. You must have shit taste.

>no garlic
>no ginger
>no onion
>"curry paste"

urs was prob underseasond as fuck

Add some sliced chili peppers when you're adding the powdered spices.

I shit pure orange soft serve after eating a big pan of roast carrots, nothing wrong with that.

its all in the paste nigga!
already aromatic and blended up into a nice slurry that mixes easily into the sauce
there is no benefit to using fresh ingredients in a food that is stewed for a long time

>processed, shitty, premixed ingredients are the same as good ingredients because you cook them!

The trick is to put at least 3x as much spice as any mainstream recipe says to put.

cumin is a decent alternative to coriander,

How the fuck do you spell John wrong, you illiterate shit?

But she's a pooinloo, not mainstream flyover shit

It shouldn't be bland but it's not really supposed to be heavily spiced and intensely flavored either. It's one of the more mild Indian foods. Make sure your spices are fresh though, freshly ground is best, but at least don't use 5 year old containers. Also make sure you get a good sear on the chicken, almost burning it, it gives it a fair bit of flavor. This website is supposed to be good, maybe try this recipe if you think your spices aren't the problem:

vahrehvah.com/chicken-tikka-masala-indian-recipe
It depends on the freshness of your spices, but I usually end up putting more coriander and black pepper in most of the time.

glad you see it my way :^)

reading my jar, the ingredients are water, canola oil, coriander, paprika, salt, corn flour, acetic acid (which is just vinegar with the water removed for you no sciencers out there), cumin, tumeric, chili pepper, tamarind, fenugreek, mustard powder, ground ginger, garlic, citric acid

so it's not processed any more than the spice mixture you are making at home, except it's already done for you, already balanced, and lets be perfectly honest here...you know it contains way more stuff than you are using and than most of the restaurants are using
with the added benefit that its already nicely blended and the flavors are melding in the jar
this is a much more flavorful curry than anything you people are making at home I guarantee. Facts are facts

>all ingredients with the same name are equal, freshness is a myth
how dense are you?
> lets be perfectly honest here...you know it contains way more stuff than you are using
just because you only have salt and garlic/onion powder in your kitchen doesn't mean the rest of us are unprepared. I have literally all of what you listed in my cabinet (tamarind is concentrate, but still). being able to roast and control the amount of spices results in a much better product that a $3 jar from walmart with a 5 year shelf life. Facts are facts

my jar was created in a commercial test kitchen to find the optimum ratios
you don't know as much about curry as indian culinary intellectuals

WRONG

Tandoori, Vindaloo and Qorma are my favorite indian curries

I use this stuff regularly as a student.
It really doesn't compare to using your own high quality spices, but does make life easy.

The amounts for spices are always rough guidelines, adjust to your own taste and freshness of spices. If you want a flavour bomb you could easily just double all the spices.

This, lot's of tomato products tastes like nothing these days.

>my pan is nice and hot
she's confirmed for Veeky Forums shitposter

I use this recipe, plenty flavorful, and easy.
allrecipes.com/recipe/228293/curry-stand-chicken-tikka-masala-sauce/
Though I usually double the cayenne

but a lot of people say that, Veeky Forums poster or not