*revolutionizes your kitchen*

>*revolutionizes your kitchen*

Other urls found in this thread:

humblebundle.com/books/sous-geek-cookbooks
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Gonna be honest, while I quite like the idea I'd never buy anything with all those presets. The company claims to be founded by engineers - just let me program my settings directly.

You can do that with the manual buttons, genius

So, I have a pressure cooker like your pic and found a lot of great recipes for it. I love what it can do and tell all my friends who are interested in it.
One guy has a slow cooker only, they're great too, but its not a pressure cooker. No problem, give him some of my recipes for the slow cooker.
Now I want to give him more of my recipes but they are for timed for pressure cooking. Is there a chart to convert cook times between slow and pressure cookers?

Isn't there one that lets you program it?

slow cookers can cook food basically forever since the low temperature means you cant really burn it. slow cookers were originally designed so working women could set up the food before work and eat after work
so just tell him six hours on low

My shit roommate has one of these. He literally cleans it once every three months. Just leaves rice in it for 12 hours on warm, takes it out, throws more rice in to cook the next morning.

All instant pots do, the guy is just a dumbass who didn't do a second of research before he criticized it

Already on my wedding registry.

>1 appliance instead of 2
> revolutionary

>50% reduction in appliances

>unironically buying a unitasker

How is it a unitasker? The fact that it's a pressure cooker and a slow cooker alone, by definition, makes it a multitasker.

I only use the manual mode, don't even know how to use the presets, but this baby is a new staple in my kitchen

and steaming and canning

If you only own the two appliances

first class brainlet

it's not a fucking rpg

Life is literally an rpg.

Really? I thought there was only one specific model that was programmable

He's trolling, homie

Nope all of them have a manual option where you choose level of pressure and time. See the + and - buttons on all of them? That's for all the manual shit

Like the old saying going "a normal man says if it aint broke don't fix it, an engineer says if it aint broke then it doesn't have enough features yet"

You can't really use it for canning. Read the manual, the pressure isn't high enough.
If you wanted you can you'd want a serious pressure canner anyways, even an 8qt IP is WAY too small. I don't think mine's even tall enough to fit quart-sized jars.

We got an 11 quart Nesco for Christmas from her parents but I don't know what to cook in it. Does it completely replace a regular crock pot?

Yes. It can do anything a slower cooker can do, but much more energy efficient.

I love this thing I just got one for Christmas and I have used the fuck out of it already.

I don't get the big deal with these things. I use a slow cooker once, maybe twice a month. Certainly not often enough to need some expensive new machine with a bunch of settings no one ever uses. Off, warm, low, high, that's all you need. Don't even really need off, you can just unplug it.

>Cooking in a kitchen

>but much more energy efficient.
How so?

>tfw asian gf
>tfw never knew the wonders of these before

I don't see the connection.

humblebundle.com/books/sous-geek-cookbooks

There a humble bundle going on and it has a cookbook for this.

every asian has a rice/combination cooker.

white people (at least here) don't know what they are.

Heh, fun ro see this thread now as I'll be buying a slow cooker tomorrow (14euros, used Prego) and gnna go buy cowbones from my local halal meatshot and make bone broth the next thing I'll focus on learning to do.

Any of you dudes who's used slow cookers for making broth got some tipsyknowly to share?

That seems more like a reflection on how you cook.

And a pressure cooker does everything a slow cooker does, and so much more, and does it better.

It's like saying "why do I need expensive cheese when I've got these kraft singles?" It's a different level of quality, and it's fine if its out of your price range or not conducive to your cooking style.

BUT

for people who do use slow cookers, pressure cookers, make soup, make stews, make anything in a pot really, pressure cookers do it so much better

It's not gonna be amazing desu; slow cookers dont reach high enough temps to render the collagen nearly as well as a stovetop pot or pressure cooker.

It results in a paler, more watery broth with less savory notes. It's still good though; just not as good.

You can minimize it by roasting the bones in the oven as well as your veggies at a high temp for a short bit; it'll help with the color and umami but it will still be a more watery soup.

Not a big deal, just expect to reduce your broth to bolster the flavor after its all done. When I used to use a slow cooker, I'd strain the broth into a stovetop pot and boil off like 15% of the water

Thanks

Welcome

I got one of these last september and have been cooking with it ever since. I love it. Its my favorite kitchen gadget. I use it twice a week.

I've got one. Used it once. I'm not a stew kind of guy.
I used it for beans when I thought I might want to be a bean guy.
But I'm not one of those people.
What something good I can cook with it?

> Grilling with charcoal
Taste the meat, not the heat.