Name 1 (one) sequel/critique/spin off that missed the entire point of the original work hard than The Meursault...

Name 1 (one) sequel/critique/spin off that missed the entire point of the original work hard than The Meursault Investigation

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Crusades_Through_Arab_Eyes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The Quran

Veeky Forums bring the bants
Actually got a solid laugh

The Aeneid

HAHA WE WUZ WHITE AND STRONG, right OP?

I wrote a 3 paragraph response about the point of The Strangers apathism and how it correlated to the death of the Arab, then realized you probably never read either book.

No you didn't. Anonymous posts are not connected.
Also fuck off and stop seeing the world in just one context from one perspective.

>stop seeing the world in just one context from one perspective.

Thats literally all you can do as a human being

The book was written as a story about apathy and being an outsider or stranger due to it. Nothing mattered to the protagonist. He didn't care. Names weren't important, his death wasn't important. To write a book in spite of the fact that a side character plot device did not have a name, and claim that the "white man" erases names, makes them not matter, and make the entire book a racist statement, and write a counter book exploring a fake racist narrative, while winning awards for it, is completely stupid and misses the entire point of the original work. The fact that the Arab had no name was one of the most important pieces in The Stranger. Jamel Dauob did not understand that.

>he has never heard of different methodologies
Fuck you. Literally, pull your dick and fuck yourself, underage pseudo-constructivist.

He did.
>exploring a fake racist narrative

>what is colonization
>what is independence 1945-1970
>what is intertextuality
faggot

How? The Aeneid is a secondary roman creation myth (Remus and Romulus being the primary one) with some propaganda mixed in

The Blade Runner sequels.

Everyone understands that. You don't need to have your point of view presented in front of you, just because you think you're the one to acknowledge the truth.

"Je voudrais, moi aussi, qu’ils soient nombreux, mes spectateurs, et que leur haine soit sauvage"
The author wanted your butthurt desu

Any single perspective inherently pre-supposes the awareness and even use of different methodologies. Maybe try using the words you actually mean next time retard

"In the present paper we submit our dick to analysis using our perspective"
good luck faggot

It was like the Argonium. It didn't have the stuff of a true national epic like the Iliad and Odyssey did. Too manufactured, too artificial (the author, Virgil, wasn't even Roman, he was a Gaul) and too much a product of the artifice a national identity produces to ever be a part of that identity. This says absolutely nothing about its merits as a work, just that it could never properly fulfill its intended purpose.

But the book didn't cover any of those.

This book pissed me off because the author clearly piggy backed off the success of the stranger and included muh racism just so he had something to write about

It's not really a surprise when 90% of all readers of the book miss the entire point in the first place.

> Il y a quelque chose qui me sidère. Personne, même après l’Indépendance, n’a cherché à connaître le nom de la victime, son adresse, ses ancêtres, ses enfants éventuels. Personne

>C’est simple: cette histoire devrait donc être réécrite, dans la même langue, mais de droite à gauche.

>As-tu bien noté? Mon frère s’appelait Moussa. Il avait un nom. Mais il restera l’Arabe, et pour toujours. Le dernier de la liste, exclu de l’inventaire de ton Robinson. Étrange, non? Depuis des siècles, le colon étend sa fortune en donnant des noms à ce qu’il s’approprie et en les ôtant à ce qui le gêne. S’il appelle mon frère l’Arabe, c’est pour le tuer comme on tue le temps, en se promenant sans but

now fuck off

He's talking about The Stranger you dumb fucking retard

And I'm talking about it's transtextual rewriting

So you literally missed user's point?

I am referring to the phrase:
>Jamel Dauob did not understand that.
though it's Kamel Daoud. He's explaining what Stranger is about. And what Daoud - allegedly - didn't know and didn't pay attention to in his novel.
I think Daoud knows Camus exactly. Camus is literally high school tier in France, it's basic knowledge. Daoud didn't have the obligation of resuming The Stranger's ideology. He just made his own political and very human perspective (compared to "inhuman" Meursault) in his rewriting.

And neither do I. In fact, I'm working on my own rewriting of The Meursault Investigation using my personal political views. Hope it'll be good!

don't forget to include the fact that YOU KNOW WHAT CAMUS WANTED TO EXPRESS
and
YOU KNOW IT'S ABSURDIST VIEW AND APATHY
just then, you can proceed to your writing. Just in case.

The New Testament

thank god hehe

>triggered mayo thinks his caveman brain can understand the complexity of post-colonial lit
lmfao. You're so persecuted, right? everybody stay tuned for OP's forthcoming sequel to Daoud's masterpiece, titled "Why can't I say the n-word?"

Keep 'em cucked, mayos!

>Little colonized cuck is this mad

decolonized, you racist

>I-I SWEAR WE'RE F-FREE NOW
>FREE FROM THE WHITE MAN

You are a slave to your own decolonization.

try reading literally 1 book before posting

shouldn't over 9000 threads on Veeky Forums count as one book?

>You
I have never been colonized, t. polish user

We are all Africans modified by the time

>post-colonial

I think you may have missed the point of the Mersault Investigation. It ends in a screed against post-colonial Algeria and against Islam, and comes to sympathize with Mersault: full circle, the author becomes a stranger in his own country.

>modified
try improved

Parasitical literature. Written by an Arab. It's pure pottery. A perfect reflection of the Arab in Europe.

> The novel’s opening line – “Mama’s still alive today”, as opposed to Camus’s “Mother died today” – signals the attitude of this audacious project right from page one.

Jesus christ, fuck the Guardian.

>parasite
Educate yourself teenager

>t. Arab teenager

t. polish adult

also
>Joyce's Ulysses is the parasitical literature because it's modern take on The Odyssey
go read a book

Kamel Daoud is James Joyce now.

Never knew Joyce wrote Ulysses to score easy brownie points for meme grievances that resonated in the muddled minds of the day. Oh, but he didn't.

Never knew Joyce wrote Ulysses to make a name for himself on the back of Homer, i.e. parasitically exploiting Homer to get attention. Oh, but he didn't. He was already considered a master.

>go read a book
You're clearly in the "do as I say and not as I do" group.

Same opinion here. This guy cries all book long about racism, it's so painful to read.

1 offense: >easy brownie points. Please murricas don't interfere in european affairs.
2 offense: literary ad personam, who gives a shit about writor's reputation when he is OPENLY inspired by a classic author? The classic shit is a thing just on Veeky Forums and you are the proof MUH CLASSICS MUH HOMER MUH JOYCE MASTERPIECE REEEEEEE

OK, bud, go take your meds.

OK, I go. Do you want some too?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Crusades_Through_Arab_Eyes

DON'T SHOW THIS TO HIM BECAUSE HIS ASS IS GOING TO EXPLODE...

>Amin Maalouf (Arabic: أمين معلوف; born 25 February 1949) is an award-winning Lebanese-born French[1] author who has lived in France since 1976.
>who has lived in France since 1976.
i wonder why...

Better healthcare?

probably

You know this is a liberal myth, right? The first humans were from Europe

don't forget culture, history, society, universities, economy, well, everything really

>He was already considered a master.
That's why he was teaching english to old rich guys instead of basking in glory.

>liberal
Top lel
Americanocentrism hits hard hard

>I don't know what liberal means, but I still feel smug when I try to correct others on the internet
There is NOTHING more satisfying that watching a pedant out himself as a retard. It's such a great feeling

Happy for you. Go back to /pol/ now retard.

Man Veeky Forums has some pretentious readers.