Fascinating. what do these big son of a bitches taste like? i dont buy fruits or veggies usually, just a striking fruit!

fascinating. what do these big son of a bitches taste like? i dont buy fruits or veggies usually, just a striking fruit!

It tastes like a rotten onion mixed with wet garbage that has sat in the hot sun for a few days, with just a hint of banana.

Wrong fruit. This is a jackfruit.

There is yellow flesh surrounding a seed. It is slightly sweet and is stringy. It’s texture has a little bite to it. Buy a small portion. You can also find it canned.

Taste has a kind of hint of bubblegum flavor, mixed with a tropical pinapple/mango flavor.
Ask a store clerk to cut it for you. When I worked produce in a grocery store we quartered them and sold them that way. Otherwise nobody would buy them whole, too much and too expensive.

Ah, not durian. I see.

I have never had jackfruit outside of curry. I know it doesn’t taste like curry, but I only know it to taste like curry.

when fresh they taste similar to pineapple, but with a different texture
if you get frozen or canned, its just disgusting tasteless mush

>just a hint of banana

This. They make excellent stew; because a large jackfruit means so many portions.

I forgot, but people use them as “carnitas” or “pulled pork” because it’s so stringy. It just absorbs flavor really well.

I wouldn't recommend buying an entire jack fruit if you've never had it before, or aren't going to share it with a group of people. Lots of places cut them into smaller pieces and sell those along side the entire things.

hmm. gonna pass i think.

Juicy Fruit gum, but more complex.

didnt know that was an option. i already left. hope it doesnt go to waste :/

Sounds like you’re making a shit ton of vegan carnitas.

sounds fun

Tastes like onions and juicyfruit gumcum.

thats a great idea actually. those dang vegans get pretty creative.

Make Indonesian stews and curries. Just google them; they're not pretty but they are delicious.

I forgot to mention the sap makes it VERY sticky. I recommend wearing gloves and rubbing olive oil on them so it doesn’t stick.

I'm going to HEB you want anything?

>these are the "people" telling you what food items are good and bad
>can't even tell a the difference between a jackfruit and durian