Write a passage about pic related or characters living in pic related

Write a passage about pic related or characters living in pic related

LITTLE BOXES MADE OF TICKY TACKY

I think American Psycho already basically summed up everything and any story about that would just be the same themes only in a suburban environment.

"Heh heh....sheep."
The End

The rows of roads hide a little house
Where a housewife lives like a mouse.

Little by little, her life fades away.
It's comfy but scary all the same.

>capitalism is bad guis!
cucks. Go live in Gulag if you think communism is so good, feminist bolshevik globalists

>implying I'm not a neofeudalist

Everyone should till the soil on their lord's estate.

Okay I jsut realized i repeated "little" too much but whatever

>Unironically defending American suburbs
I live in the UK, we're capitalist, we don't have this fucked up ant-colony shit.

We have every opportunity to connect. Little fencing, windows facing each other, a small concentrated neighborhood.

We lack that connection. Sure, our kids play and we'll chat every now and again but, we never really connect.

From the outside one might assume we're all similar. I think we all know the truth, though. The only thing we have in common is our fear and our loneliness.

>calling people communists for being disgusted by communities where every house is the same, and every family in it is the same as the others
Wew

he read thoreau when he was young
and wanted to live in the woods
but he met a girl and they had a child
now he lives just like anyone would

>Only The Poor or Super Rich Say, "Money Can't Buy Happiness"

A perfect little house on a perfect little street neighborhood in a perfect little town. And yet something wasn't right with with Malroy's. This little family was all too imperfect, in stark opposition to the glittering banality of the surrounds.

Amy, the perfect little wife with her drinking problems and "nights out with the girls"

Kevin, the perfect little husband with his secret hotel liaisons and unhidden orders of lingerie on Amazon

>Evan, the perfect little son with his pot addiction and metal music and mean little temper

>Hailey, the perfect little daughter with her older dropout boyfriend and pregnancy tests

All was not right with the Malroy's. And soon the facade would crack like the spreading of a spider cracked windshield.

"Honey, just gonna walk to the shop"
>72 hours later
"Honey I'm home

>capitalism sucks!

>suburbs
>walking

American Beauty-tier angst

THE
AMERICAN
DREAM

Commie-blocks are awesome. Top-tier /grim/core city architecture.

Yeah, bruh. Loving my 100% identical neighbourhood and 4 hour commute.

americans are so silly. I live in a third world shithole and would give anything for a mcmansion is a comfy neighborhood

I grew up in a McMansion and moved to a third world shit hole once I became independent. You definitely don't want to live in the neighborhood of McMansions.

There's something so surreal about American suburbs. I've never been to America but I have a reasonable awareness of what suburbs are like from how prominently they feature on TV and in movies and it based on that it has an almost mythical quality in my head.

It's like this weird combo of alien and familiar. But it's only familiar because of stories that aren't actually real or even realistic. So in my head it's like this strange dreamlike place where TV shows happen that doesn't have any real specific location, it just nebulously exists somewhere and everywhere in America. Where handsome white jocks and cheerleaders have sex in the back of cars, bored housewives take Xanax, dudes have BBQ's where they drink responsible amounts of beer, everyone drives everywhere and there are 12 year olds calling people niggers on Xbox live.

>he doesnt make $80k a year

lmfao, 25 years old btw

>grow up and embrace mediocrity like me
Disgusting

Mediocrity is relative, you don't even realize how pathetic you are for basing your values on what others have. Live in an American Suburb and you're already living a 100x more luxurious life than all of the royalty from over 100 years ago because of the inventions of the modern world. Life is a rat race and no one can appreciate what they have right now because it's always possible to fixate on what you perceive as better and to view things in a negative light, look in to mindfulness meditation.

Where do you live now? Really, I would give anything to live in a place like that

I know that feel all too well. I've spent lots of time wondering about this, imagining how life goes on in a place like this. It's fascinating, really. Sometimes I will start walking around some Midwest suburb on Google Maps, simulating my way from home to the nearest Wal Mart or Best Buy. It sounds like such a surreal experience and place to be.

I grew up in American suburbs. It's not really the comfy, dreamlike place you're imagining. Nobody cares about their neighbors or even thinks about them for the most part. You go to work/school, get home, and go inside. It's a cold, lonely place. Nobody cares about each other.

Except American Suburbs are made possible by the rat-race mentality of trying to achieve luxury.

If back in the 1940s everyone just chilled out and got comfy in their place everyone would still be living in the inner city.

Did you write this? Hits me hard. I used to think I was special, or that I was "in touch" with something greater.

Now I'm just a late twenty-something lawyer who spends his days thinking about money and marriage. My life is completely empty but I go on anyway.

I look back so fondly on my days spent reading Thoreau or Emerson or Whitman in the woods at my university or in my friend's van by the lake, feeling a connection with it a voice in some magical universal dialogue.

It's strange knowing that I'll never have that again, that my life is entirely predictable and, to me, meaningless. Seems like everything has lost its color. I often wonder whether I should just kill myself. I don't mean to be edgy or anything. It's only that everything I've ever loved is drowning in the past and I know I can't go back

Sprawling on the fringes of the city
In geometric order
An insulated border
In-between the bright lights
And the far, unlit unknown

Growing up, it all seems so one-sided
Opinions all provided
The future pre-decided
Detached and subdivided
In the mass-production zone

Nowhere is the dreamer
Or the misfit so alone

Subdivisions
In the high school halls
In the shopping malls
Conform or be cast out
Subdivisions
In the basement bars
In the backs of cars
Be cool or be cast out

Any escape might help to smooth
The unattractive truth
But the suburbs have no charms to soothe
The restless dreams of youth

Drawn like moths, we drift into the city
The timeless old attraction
Cruising for the action
Lit up like a firefly
Just to feel the living night

Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory
Of lighted streets on quiet nights

Subdivisions
In the high school halls
In the shopping malls
Conform or be cast out
Subdivisions
In the basement bars
In the backs of cars
Be cool or be cast out

Any escape might help to smooth
The unattractive truth
But the suburbs have no charms to soothe
The restless dreams of youth

You fell into the same trap that every "responsible" adult falls into. It happened to me too.

You dismiss the youthful wonder and sense of adventure that you used to have as immature and a waste of time. You convince yourself you have more important things to do because society tells you these things are more important. In truth, we were more right when we were younger.

It's a sad fate user

quit your job
my goal is to become a vehicular transient once i finish law school

I know it's not really like that, that's why I find it so surreal. I can't imagine what it's really like. When I think of the American suburbs or imagine what the people living in OP's pic are doing all I can think of are hackneyed TV tropes.

This is what I mean when it's like it doesn't really exist anywhere in particular. Everyone I can think of who lives somewhere like that is a fictional character. It's like imagining what people who lived in feudal castles or African tribes are like, you're so far removed from the reality of it but at the same time have a kind of mythology surrounding it cobbled together from fiction.

Not sure if my experience is different from others but when I think about the suburbs I honestly just feel sad. I switched schools around high school and I lost a lot of my friends at that point.

It's nice to live in a family neighborhood when you're young because you could just walk to the next house over to hang out. I have a lot of memories of riding bikes down the street, eating candy while watching movies, and being told to beware of a neighborhood rapist by a friend's sister. It felt like I was surrounded by all my school friends.

Now I wouldn't actually want to live in a house where you have no privacy but it was fun when I was a kid.

Thanks for your response. I'm not sure what to do or where to go.

I am expected by others and myself to provide for myself financially, to have a wife, a family, etc. These things aren't bad or undesirable, they're just far less desirable than what I had in mind in my younger years.

Every day I come home, take of my work clothes, drop my bag, and collapse somewhere around the house. There is nothing in my life that I live for. And yet I'm still doing it. Every day I get farther and farther from "it," whatever it was.

>I can't imagine what it's really like.
I can see how it might seem to have a surreal quality to you if you've never experienced it. Like some sort of David Lynch movie. Or a wacky Malcolm in the Middle kind of neighborhood.

But the truth is, when you live there you don't even think about it. You don't notice the other houses. You don't feel a sense of community with your neighbors. There are usually no kids playing in the street. No dads having a cookout in the back yard. Everybody just keeps to themselves. It's just a cold, empty, lonely place.

my house is LITERALLY in this image fuck my life

I see.

I assume there still are racist 12 year olds playing Xbox though.

Shits fucked up if this isn't recognized as bait

Imagine having to let this guy cum inside/on you. I can't think of anything worse.

Maybe being married to him.

You should read Richard Yates or maybe Raymond Carver.

I wonder what Stefan's sex talk is like.
>I don't want to roleplay your mom
>Not an argument

>He went to live to a place designed to reflect the Mediocrity Of His Soul. "Nothing wrong with living warm days surrounded by nice and green gardens, and maybe dream of a swimming pool in two or three years".

>I agree with him, he dreamt with swimming pools while I dreamt of nice dinners with my loving ones, and he was an order of magnitude closer to his goal. Yet I could not feel but contempt for his betrayal of our teenage dreams, as he had traded confort for whatever had make me love him.

Having lived in a city where you can find almost anything walking, it's hard for me to imagine living so far away from anything that isn't another house

second street
3, 4, 5, from the end
fucking homeowners' association won't let me paint a symbol on my roof so I can spot it from the air
don't they know I fly to work
assholes

Everybody just drives five or ten minutes to downtown. Most American cities are centered around driving instead of walking.

>Every day I come home, take of my work clothes, drop my bag, and collapse somewhere around the house. There is nothing in my life that I live for. And yet I'm still doing it. Every day I get farther and farther from "it," whatever it was.
Yeah I'm in the same boat.

I'm not sure what exactly I want in life. I just know that it's not this. But I keep doing it anyway because I don't know where else to go.

That pic makes me feel more insignificant than this one.

>I could have been an Ayy Lmao cruising through space and sodomizing rednecks with THAT being the view from behind my UFO dashboard
>Instead I had to be born on this shitty planet.

Many places are often described as "a nice place to visit but i wouldn't want to live there."
The American suburbs are the opposite.

Saved. I'll reqd this every once ina while.

>"I'm living a 100x more luxurious life than all of the royalty from over 100 years ago", he screamed during his daily two-hour commute

>projecting
>implying a 2 hour commute couldn't be a peaceful time of mindfulness and presence
>or just listening to some classical music, podcasts, or ebooks

still 100x better than traveling for weeks by horseback/carriage

>mindfulness and presence

I'll explain in simple language. I stop living inside of my mind, ruminating, thinking, analyzing and judging everything. Instead I attune to my body and my environment, accept things as how they are and become completely present to the moment. The feeling of focus, bliss, and overall tranquility is something that must be experienced, it's quite amazing especially in our adhd stimulation driven reactive society.

That's fucking gay though.

That's what I used to think man, trust me when I say I really dislike hippies and the new-age self help movement, but mindfulness is legit and has been practiced and documented forever. It really helped be control my emotions and get off of the roller coaster of striving for gratification and then losing that gratification.

The desire to simply accept "things as how [sic] they are" means nothing other than that you are thoughtless, vulgar realist.

lol wut
just let the man enjoy his peace, stop being such annoying pricks

I thank god everyday I wasn't born in America

People who want peace of mind shouldn't come to Veeky Forums.

Serenity now! SERENITY NOW!

Really? I grew up in the suburbs too and cookouts, pool parties, christmas parties, kids playing in the streets were etc all regular things. I don't mean that it was some movie fantasy, but life certainly wasn't/isn't cold and lonely. It's interesting that we had such different experiences.

I'm actually about to go live in the woods. I'll maintain a job but I'm going to reside in the woods in a tent and spend all my free time reading by a lake. Thoreau, Emerson, Whitman, but especially Thoreau, all made me yearn for that environment.

I've brainstormed and literally cannot find a place like this within 500 miles that doesn't stink of cars. I would love to live in a walkable neighborhood; I wish they were more common here.

Nayrt but how long ago did you grow up? Maybe things were different back in the day. Besides kids playing outside, these things still exist, but they're not commonly things you'd invite your neighbors to.

The authors of our landscape are irrelevant. Who designed your home? Who makes your food? Who made your clothes? Only fear of death and alienation fuel the black matrix furnaces, not love. The asphalt veins clogged with fossil fueled entropy engines and lined with animal corpses, the chilled caverns of server farms with their numbers in the dark connecting lonesome souls superficially, the procedurally generated scripts of the dark projection chambers to distract from death, at night the flickering blue glow seen in every window from the empty streets, the mass produced wasteland, the perpetual national war waged against growing grass. Alone in a crowd the size of the whole world.

No. I write about stuff I'm inspired about. I'm not a fucking prompt machine. Eat a bowl of ducks.

I did that for about three months except I didn't have a job or a tent at the time. I just lived by myself in the woods with a sleeping bag. It was an interesting time. Good luck user.

>Nayrt but how long ago did you grow up? Maybe things were different back in the day. Besides kids playing outside, these things still exist, but they're not commonly things you'd invite your neighbors to.

i suppose its different on a neighborhood to neighborhood basis

hyperreality.. easy on the simulacra

nice
edgy kid

pls no bully
Somewhere beyond the battening, urged sweep of three-bedroom houses rushing by their thousands across all the dark beige hills, somehow implicit in an arrogance or bite to the smog the more inland somnolence of San Narciso did lack, lurked the sea, the unimaginable Pacific.

His post wasn't edgy at all

what's it like living in an area like this?

My family grew up dirt poor and I was "that" house on the end of the street. I tried everything to befriend the kids when I was younger but it was like I was a Jew surrounded by the S.S. In highschool it didn't really matter because I said fuck it and the handful of friends I did have in the area wouldnt really think about, but I still feel that my side of town against yours mentality growing up, especially in the parents

I give it a 2/5 experience, the park was nice tho

I don't enjoy having to drive everywhere and it's really fucking hot. If you live on the southern edge of the sprawl its probably less bad but I would enjoy the ability to walk to a restaurant or something if I wanted to eat out, or even something as basic as a grocery store. The spacing out of the houses doesn't even matter, either. If you have shitty neighbors you can still hear them quite clearly through the stucco walls, and backyard space doesn't matter if you don't have a pool. you're not going to be outside during the day for fun

Makes sense.

Hegemony more like hedge money am I right?

There are five dead prostitutes inside one of those garages. Some guy has killed himself in one of those living rooms.

>my battery is running low

Too bad you'll never know.

The point is that "royalty" doesn't have to commute, get a job and pay the mortgage.

and to add to this i'll just greentext a few more points
>no matter how early you go out, there are always cars
>I don't find walking my dog pleasant when I'm always within a few feet of moving cars
>we have rocks instead of lawns, just look in street view on google maps or something
>if you do have a lawn you're wasting water or you're rich and showing off or something
>while you may have many neighbors you will probably not see much of them, if you do you won't have a neighborly relationship like in almost any other place
>strangers are generally cold and refuse to even say 'hi'
>one of the only buildings I can walk to reasonably is a mormon church

More like Hedge Money I'm Home amirite?

>thousands of basement dwellers shitposting

This sounds like lyrics of a Linkin Park song

The only real problem with this is the lack of services. I bet the uniformity doesn't stand out as much on ground level, but not having a grocery store an other fundamental services within the same block really activates my almonds.

So what? NEETS don't have to do those things either, doesn't really mean anything in accordance to a joyful or fulfilling life. You 100% have the power to work a job that you are passionate about and love doing, jobs are not strictly negative, they are far better than doing nothing (case in point, the pathetic NEET). You're just fishing for an excuse to be miserable, as people are addicted to their pain. "Royalty" didn't have the ability to travel anyplace in the world like you do, nor did they have the ability to read any book ever written or look up any question on the internet like you do. Your life contains far more abundance than you're wiling to recognize, stop rationalizing angst.

It gets fucked when you realize all the basements are connected though. When you just move there, it always takes a while to figure out, but you inevitably end up catching some dumb neighbor who didn't know you were home hiding under a table or some shit and only when you threaten to call the cops does he tell you about it. I get that you need to earn the neighborhood's trust and all, but it's still hurtful to think that they kept something like this from you and that you had to find out this way.

I live in the suburbs. It's wonderful. My house and neighbours really have nothing to do with my life and who I am. Graffiti, or exposed brick, or a dumpster, or 5 stories, don't make me more authentic or interesting. In my suburb I can watch my french kino, and read my literature, and sleep in cool quiet nights. I can cook all the same interesting food, I can listen to all the same music. I can live anonymously, or if I wanted, visit neighbours with an easy drive or walk More than anything else, I'm comfy. Architecture and space have a lot less to do with who someone is than normies think.

>he doesn't realize that beauty can only be begotten in beauty
>lists all the consumption he does as proof of who he is

Confirmed petty bourgeoisie.

We live excellent lives. We've got a house, a garden, a nice car, friendly neighbors. But some kids on an anonymous Vietnamese image board dedicated to frog mating habits fellate themselves over our supposed suffering, painting us as martyrs of capitalism while they sit alone at their computer and we make memories with our wives and kids. Isn't it funny? We love to laugh at them.

Being a NEET isn't as bad as you seem to think it is.

The suburbs are a great hiding place. The sprawling copy paste houses afford a certain type of anonymity. Keep your lawn mowed, make small talk, smile at the neighbors and you can go unseen. You might have a former FSB agent in a witness protection program living next to a white collar criminal. The nice couple you see at cookouts who engage in depraved bdsm acts at home. You could be any flavour of criminal, pervert or freak. Yet as long as you keep up the suburban performance you are able to hide in plain sight.

>stop rationalizing angst
Stop rationalizing that you have no real problems and probably never had so you never had any besides the five existential crises you had when you were 17 so you're just a happy little cow living in your pen grateful to get milked. Feel free to prove me wrong.

friendly reminder that Veeky Forums is a socialist board

Restoring a rightful aristocracy is the only Veeky Forums position you ressentiment filled pleb:

>Where do you live now?

Vietnam. It's not without its problems but I prefer the slower pace of life, relative lack of competitiveness, the liveliness, the sense of community, and of course the food.

hell yea
national socialist

And then he looked up, and he saw rows and rows of houses, each like the one before it, differing in such accidence as the color of the roof shingles, and his view zoomed out to see the mundanity of each petty plot of land and of man. And as he recoiled at the constriction of it all, his view widened more (or maybe some other character, a kind of kooky one say but with wisdom the protagonist conveniently doesn't possess, says something to get him to see the bigger picture; whatever, he gets past this overplayed Subdivisions stuff one way or another) and he saw further out, the houses smaller, older, less maintained, some without cars, and further out those with less ans less, and he realized his good fortune, and he got off the computer and strove to make something of the day.