What are the best movies about cooking?

What are the best movies about cooking?

Interpret 'best' however you like. Realistic, exciting, whatever

That one kino disney channel original about the kid trying to play baseball and cook. You know the one.

Moneyball?

Ratatoullie

Chunking Express

It's a documentary, but I really enjoyed "Jiro Dreams of Sushi."

No Mr. 3000, you dunce.

Babette's Feast
Eat Drink Man Woman
Tampopo
Les saveurs du Palais

Tampopo is still the best film about food and cooking ever made.

Eddie's Million Dollar Cook Off.

came here to post this

Why not "El Bulli: Cooking in Progress" then? At least it was real 3* reastaurant, not fish on rice stand.

chef

You know it.

i will tell you the worst one.

it is a 2003 abc family movie called "The One" starring richard ruccolo (the guy who wasn't ryan reynolds in 2 guys a girl and a pizza place) and meredith monroe (who was andie in dawson's creek)

the reason it is the worst is because the key line in the movie is that richard ruccolo falls in love with andie from dawson's creek because she likes it when every bite is the same.

this asshole is supposed to be a chef and he thinks that's charming. why not shove all this girl's food in a blender so every bite is the same? he shouldn't be charmed by this line - he should be offended. he should've realized that this is obviously the most basic bitch on the planet.

Movies? None.
But I do like The Mind of a Chef

Happy had to find a new profession after Tony Stark became Iron Man.

Ding fries are done
For sure

The chink movie God of Cuisine is amazing.

Also Supersize Me, at the other end of the cuisine spectrum (but not the entertainment quality spectrum!)

Literally Ratatouille. Had it not been for that movie I wouldn't have gotten an interest in cooking honestly. It's such a nice movie.

Big Night

>Eddie's Million Dollar Cook Off.
Disney was pretty ahead of its time by including a trap character on the baseball team

MYNAMACHEF

have you seen chef?

Was surprised that Hong Kong already had doner kebab in the 90s. Much as I love Chungking Express, it's not much of a food movie unless you're really into canned pineapple, and hotel room service.

God of Cookery for Canto food kino

Not a movie, but a TV show: The Sopranos.

Fat fuck Italians never stop eating.

"a matter of taste" with paul liebrandt was cool

feat. Bobby Flay of Food Network

That's canonically false within the MCU.

>living NEET life
>walk down to Italian deli
>buy meats, cheeses, bread, various pickled vegetables, some wine
>lounge on couch watching The Sopranos while getting drunk and grazing on Italian treats

Burnt was shitty wish fullfillment. Dude fucks over a lot of people in his rise to fame, fucks up, crashes down, and doesn't even really suffer for it. He goes to self imposed exile, comeback with people still loving and supporting him, and even the one guy who does stab him in the back gets away with it, guess what? LOL, didn't matter! Wasn't really real!

It's a bad movie.

A good movie is Chef. Good story and lesson. Rattatoullie is pretty good.

I came here to post this and didn't expect to see it at all
also I totally forgot they kill a live turtle in it by bleeding it out, that was a bit nasty.

because it's fucking boring

>autism speaks

yep, me too.

peak comfiness.

What, like The Bad News Bears in the 70s? I think the only kids sports movie that doesn't have a Tomboy is The Sandlot.

Any that aren't weebshit?

Brewster's Millions.

Not mentioned yet is "I Like Killing Flies". Look it up.

yes it is, though Babette's Feast is pretty good, too

"silence of lambs" has some great cuisine examples

>Key-ann-tee
Plebian