How long do you soak soy beans for if you are making tofu? My first attempt starts today. Also any other tips?

How long do you soak soy beans for if you are making tofu? My first attempt starts today. Also any other tips?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-w4wQtYVl7k
google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/aug/08/pick-fruit-veg-low-pay-brexit-vote
youtube.com/watch?v=xeK1E1HaMdY
tinyurl
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phytoestrogens
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

inb4 thread turns into another "le soyboy xD" shitfest

Lol why do soyboys even try? Fuck outa here skinny neck gynecomastia riddled virgin

you dont. you dont have to tools or skills neccesary for the process, trust me

Like 8 hours.
Read an actual recipe is my advice.

Literally no evidence exists that soy is linked to estrogen

Why don't you want to buy tofu?

Like all fucking beans, just leave em over night.
You ever ate something and though mmmmmm these beans have been soaked exactly the right amount of time?

I do, just want a challenge...reading a recipe instead of asking Veeky Forums would be a start but really I also want to trigger all of the pol idiots while getting info from legit Veeky Forums ppl, and yes I am a vegetarian

but how can someone go full weeb status?
I mean, how can I show my superiority to other weebs by saying "Oh you BUY your tofu?" and scoff. I guess I could lie, but that would break my vow to the Bushido code.

>I also want to trigger all of the /pol/ idiots
You're inconveniencing yourself instead of just looking up a guide just so you can get other retards to tell you that you're a retard?

youtu.be/-w4wQtYVl7k

Their tofu looks like crap.

Just leave them overnight, after about 8 hours they should be ready but there isn't an exact time, just throw them in water and go to sleep.

Your not triggering anyone. If you want to transition into a female, that's your business.

Fried tofu is good (squeeze it to release water then freeze it and let it thaw for better texture) you meat mongers should try it

>/pol/ retards unironically believe that their freakouts over soy isn't the same as being triggered

you're autism hurts.

>Supporting the mass immigration of unskilled workers by funding the large farms growing soybeans and corn for the purpose of creating cheap food fillers and corn raised livestock.
Keep your "textured vegetable protein" and "HFCS" to yourself, Rabbi. My local small scale beef guy doesn't shill for Pedro's fast track work visa so that he can have 20 kids to collect welfare and work under the table as low-cost farm hands.

>Supporting the mass immigration of unskilled workers by funding the large farms growing soybeans and corn
You've never been on a farm have you?

I can see the estrogen is already working.

I have been on plenty of farms.

I don't mean facebook games, chief.

Great argument, chief.
Christ you're a smarmy fucker.

You've never grown corn/soy if you think farmers hire manual labor to grow it. It's all automated.
All the spics moved to slaughterhouses.

The slaughterhouses supported by the cheap feed corn I just mentioned?

>It's all automated
>I've been on plenty of farms
Wanna know how I know you are full of shit?
Threshers are not any more automated than a fucking truck, they still need people to drive them. Despite what your PETA liberal shill documentaries might tell you the majority of farming is still done by labor not machine

google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/aug/08/pick-fruit-veg-low-pay-brexit-vote

Guess Brexit is going to fuck over Skynet and Johnny 5 harder than Jose or Pablo eh?

Fucking retard.
You think farmers hire mexicans to drive their leased john deers? They don't even let them drive peterbilts.
A farmer and his two sons can seed/harvest a 300acre soy/corn farm easily.

Na new harvesters are gps driven. Straight lines = more yield.

you're right, if by "drive them" you mean sit in the cab while the GPS and onboard computer do the navigation and you listen to your favorite radio station and try not to fall asleep

>Thinking dirt poor flyovers can afford self driving cars
Because you know farmers are among the wealthiest people around
I'm sure those things exist but to think the vast majority of farms use them or have access to them financially really shows how out of touch liberals are with middle America

>Thinking you own a harvester
You can only lease john deers, it's been that way for over a decade. Fuck. I'm out.
Let the poltards be poltards.

>Seriously thinking farming is a cushy non-physical job
Have you ever left Jew York in your life?

He's not wrong.

anyone have legit tips on making tofu so we can get this thread back on topic?

>preemptively throwing a shitfit about /pol/ before we eve arrive
This is what happens when you have excess levels of estrogen in your body as a male. And we get to live in your feminine head rent free.

pol idiots are so predictable you don't even need to bait a hook, just throw their favorite lure into the water

what's even the point of doing it anymore, user? It's not like it will change anything

this post looks like one of those predictive text gimmicks. like someone fed all of /pol/ to a neural network and this is what it farted out as the quintessential /pol/ post

lel

No censorship on/pol/, nigger. You just get called out as a faggot and told to fuck off.

Because as we all know, harvisting is literally the only thing ever done on a farm. The other 350 days of the year are just spent fucking around looking at crop fields and chasing off crows.

probably isn't a point but on the other hand this is one of my favorite songs
youtube.com/watch?v=xeK1E1HaMdY

>ignoring opposing views and bombarding them with insults and requests to leave instead of engaging in debate

Sounds like censorship to me. Just because it's not enforced by the mods doesn't make it any less. Now go back.

kek poltards when will they learn (to cook)

>shitpost
>get called a retard
>LELELELE I TROLL YOU! /POL/ SO DUMB LELELEL
Kill yourself

People disagreeing with you don't censorship, no.matter what you rebbit comrades tell you.

Yeah, if you're not a retard.
All the farmers in Indiana work at the car factories and farm during 3 day weekends/vacation time.

I'm not saying you're not allowed to disagree, but using your numbers to drown out opposing viewpoints in order to maintain a status quo is literally censorship. Now go back, child. Adults are trying to discuss food, not politics. Go have your maga praise kek circle-jerk back on /pol/ddit

that's literally all of Veeky Forums you fucking plebbitor. you faggots act like /pol/ is some special board with free speech that can't be replicated anywhere else, when really it's just a containment board for you autistic fucks to whine about "muh white race". for some reason you guys choose to leave and act like nobody else on Veeky Forums has ever heard the word "nigger" before

warning: this is a low salt board user

Not that user but
>maintain a status quo
Nobody is drowning people out to do that. If you get drowned out then that's just other people's freedom to do so. Besides, even if people disagree with you posts arent hidden because of it.

Maybe stick to reddit. It seems to be more your style

>when really it's just a containment board
It doesn't seem to work very well.
I think we should give them the old /fur/ treatment.

>If you get drowned out then that's just other people's freedom to do so.

Starting to sound a bit like antifa there...

Also, I champion the notion that mods shouldn't censor user posts based on what's acceptable and what's not. I also believe that on a political discussion board users shouldn't censor other users by using mob tactics and bullying like /pol/ has become. Now if you don't mind, I'm done discussing this. This is a cooking board and I come here to discuss food, my apologies for the tangent but this crap has become an ongoing issue on Veeky Forums.

how to cook pol: the thread

tofu costs 2 dollars tho

>has become an ongoing issue on Veeky Forums
It has because the /pol/tards can't help but try to spread their evangelical christian, vegan tier crap due to severe insecurities when they they know deep down, that they're fucked in the head.

>lots of people disagree with me
>HELP HELP IM BEING BULLIED
What's it like to be a little bitch?

>people have other opinions than me
>YOU'RE JUST FUCKED IN THE HEAD!
What's it like to.be so delusional?

I love this image. The execution is poor, but the central concept is something I've believed for a while.

There are barns to shag in, too.

And you're an Avatarfag so . . .

>yeah, lemme go ahead and season this brick of tasteless white matter to taste slightly, somewhat vaguely reminiscent to meat because muh nature conscious eco-fefes
Nah, you can get that trash out my fuckin face.

I've done it, was easy.

Most Asian supermarkets where I am don't stock dry soybeans because everyone prefers to buy tofu for $0.95 per block. I wouldn't bother with any tofu because why remove most of of minerals and fiber from your beans? Whole chickpea curd is pretty good :-)

>muh horseshoe
Centrists get the rope too

0 minutes. Throw away the soygoy beans and buy a nice steak.

The animals aint gonna fuck themselves, boy.

I'll have you know that fucking a horde is hard work, especially if it isn't JTRHNBR

I'll have you know that fucking a horse is hard work, especially if it isn't JTRHNBR

Oi've godda brand new cawmboin 'aavester and oi'll give yo the key

dude its 2018

soy and soy milk and tofu is estrogen laced mindcontrol food to make the consumer into a more easily controlable person
and it makes people weak
eat normal healthy foods yo

Think of it this way: An estrogen molecule is like a jumbo jet that attaches to the Jetway of an airport. It discharges passengers into the terminal, which is suddenly a busy, noisy place. Phytoestrogens, being weak estrogens, are like small, private planes with few passengers and no cargo, yet they still occupy the Jetway after landing. When phytoestrogens occupy the cell, normal estrogens cannot. Plant estrogens do not eliminate all of estrogen's effects, but they do minimize them, apparently reducing breast cancer risk and menstrual symptoms
Soy isoflavones activate your body's estrogen receptors, proteins that detect the presence of estrogen and carry out effects such as changes in gene expression. However, isoflavones do so more weakly than your body's natural estrogen. If estrogen is absent, isoflavones weakly activate the estrogen receptor, mitigating the effect of low estrogen. If estrogen is abundant, isoflavones interfere with the activity of natural estrogen, limiting the effect of high estrogen levels. Since the structure of isoflavones is similar to estrogen, isoflavones may decrease your body's production of estrogen and increase the rate of estrogen degradation due to feedback mechanisms that control estrogen levels.

>mfw you're stupid enough to fall for a meme

THE COPYPASTA DESTROYS THE /POL/LARDS

Phytoestrogens and Disease: tinyurl com/hfxu23q
Phytoestrogens and Heart Disease: tinyurl com/zg2nh7a
Phytoestrogen and Kidney Disease: tinyurl com/jtwyanb
High soy can result in 59% less breast cancer study: tinyurl com/j8ywsra
Soy yields 13% lower LDL/Bad Cholesterol Study: tinyurl com/hhf4weq
Soy and Men Hormones Study: tinyurl com/hsu4wqk
Meta-analysis on men, soy and phytoestrogen extracts: tinyurl com/ja5s9k2
30-50% of men get manboobs: tinyurl com/zb58cbs
Phytoestrogen content of various foods: tinyurl com/z3kpvsw
n=220 2 years soy study: tinyurl com/z4tbb7d
Meta-analysis on 47 studies no estrogen change: tinyurl com/hsm6ctb
Soy being fine for men: tinyurl com/zwddamh

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phytoestrogens
>Phytoestrogens mainly belong to a large group of substituted natural phenolic compounds: the coumestans, prenylflavonoids and isoflavones are three of the most active in estrogenic effects in this class. The best-researched are isoflavones, which are commonly found in soy and red clover.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phytoestrogens
It is unclear if phytoestrogens have any effect on male sexuality, with conflicting results about the potential effects of isoflavones originating from soy. A 2010 meta-analysis of fifteen placebo-controlled studies said that "neither soy foods nor isoflavone supplements alter measures of bioavailable testosterone concentrations in men."[35] Some studies showed that isoflavone supplementation had no effect on sperm concentration, count, or motility, and had no effects on testicular or ejaculate volume.[36][37]

>shilling this hard for goy products
2 beans have been deposited into your account

>It is unclear if phytoestrogens have any effect on male sexuality, with conflicting results about the potential effects of isoflavones originating from soy.
Better safe than sorry.

Why are the people who care so much about this the ones who are the least likely to get laid/have a relationship? Normal people just fuck when they feel like it and go about their lives without obsessing over things that almost certainly don't effect them. This 'soyboy' shit is peak insecurity that is only insulting to the other ''''people''''''' who buy into it.

Why are you asking me? I just don't wanna grow tits as a man (male)

would it make you feel like less of a man?

got a text from soros directing me to this thread, but it didn't say what to do?

Of course.
Female traits would make someone less of man.

ITT: soyboys

Haha lol :-)

>but really I also want to trigger all of the pol idiots while getting info from legit Veeky Forums ppl, and yes I am a vegetarian
>pol idiots

It's a fucking Veeky Forums meme you mongoloid

>It's a fucking Veeky Forums meme
That figures, they're all a bunch of faggots over there.