Inner law

>inner law
What did he mean by this?

that guy looks evil

A man with inner law has his own implicitly held values, to such a degree that he isn't shaken by the prevailing nihilism of the modern world. It's marked by always being sure that the decision you make is morally right, because your decisions are ruled by your inner law and your inner law separates you from nihilism. The tiger from the parable 'ride the tiger' would be analogous to one's inner law. You don't control what your inner law is, just like you don't control where the tiger takes you. But where the tiger takes you, it doesn't matter, because as long as you rider the tiger it can't get you.

so a traditional man's inner law would be that of honor, fidelity, sacrifice and loyalty correct? or is his inner law independent of traditionalism?

Stop trying to control your inner law.

im not supposed to control it? what the fuck is the point then? why did this asshole spend so much time shilling chivalry and buddhism, only to declare exterior forms of morality as obsolete and unsustainable?

What is Veeky Forumss opinion of this guy? I own one of his books and I got shit on while I haven't even read it. Is he a pretentious douche or stunning intellectual.

Being an ascetic or a knight is not a matter of exterior forms of morality but of inborn, inner disposition.

oh shit that makes sense

Both. His idea of perseverance in the face of adversity and the idea of pushing through all in the way of your honor, sense of duty, morals are nice even if you aren't trad.

But his moral teachings are derived from his metaphysics which are every Trad. It's the appeal to extrasamsaric principle, not amor fati or bitter stoicism which allows men to stand erect amid the world of ruins, as he would have put it.

Yeah i fail to see how the meme tiger book is compatible with tradionalism and the trad man

I can't get over how modern and edgy that photo looks, I swear it looks like some edgy MySpace profile picture.

Inner law is more of a personal thing and has a degree of subjectivity in it. But an adequate application of it surely would be in harmony with the universal principles of Tradition.

I really want to read Evola. Should I or am I just falling for a meme?

It's cool stuff but it is definitely a meme. He's well-deserved of his meme-status but a meme nonetheless.

I thought riding the tiger was when you fuck and do drugs and watch anime but it's ok because you are a redpilled reactionary at heart and are above the degeneracy and don't get sucked into it or something.

Have you read Yoga of Power? From the introduction and the opposition he draws between the Tantric "wet" way and the Buddhist "dry" way it seems it might have the answers you look for. I think he was suggesting pushing things towards the wrong way until dissolution happened. But, from my personal experience, I think he was too quick to think modern man would not really see the appeal in a "dry" way; though perhaps that's due to conditions Evola didn't get to experience. Well, it's not like he denied it was doable, and even thought some aspects of modernity could help it.

Read Guenon instead

Can I get a quick rundown?

No

>when you fuck and do drugs and watch anime
That's just called being a degenerate nihilist, user.

Oh shit nigga that's me.

Evola is not a meme. Resd guenon first. Also watch Survive the Jives videos on Evola and Guenon

So far I have only read "revolt against the modern world". Would the Ottoman Empire fit into a traditional definition of the empire and did Evola ever wrote about Islam?

He discussed Islam in his essay about lesser and greater holy war