These are the words of my creative writing professor. What should I reply?

These are the words of my creative writing professor. What should I reply?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/b9Zoj7r2wnA?t=1652
poets.org/poetsorg/poem/tomlinson
youtube.com/watch?v=gDAWvwNNwws
poemhunter.com/poem/a-dialogue-intitled-the-kind-master-and-the-dutiful-servant/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First: Out of whom confront zone? Who is this "our" he talks about?
Second: Why would non-white writers necessarily be out of "our" confront zone? And why post 1950s?
Seems a bit bigoted to me.

"Listen here, teach, this kind of cuck thinking is killing the West and is directly responsible for muslim-mega-rape. Try the red-pill."

what's your problem? That sounds like a perfectly fine class and one that would probably benefit someone like (you). Get off Veeky Forums for awhile, pal, before it's too late.

and don't come back!

There is no 'our' in the status. Please try again.

So... Funny...

Assuming there is a problem. Naughty!

Thank you for your wonderful contribution.

That is the comfort zone nowadays

Out of the comfort zone would be reading shit like Kipling

Maybe the student has grown weary of the incessantly droll proselytization. What part of "There is only one viewpoint" belongs in a creative writing class?

Newfag detected.

>Derek Walcott
>Aime Cesaire
>Maya Angelou
>Gwen Brooks
>Nikki Giovanni

Suggest those. He'll love you.

>creative writing
>paying money to "study" it

Were you expecting a non-libtard prof? Retard

Why do progressives pretend that sinking deeper into their echochamber is some kind of challenge?

It's like trying to lose weight by exclusively eating cheeseburgers and donuts

>unironically suggesting Maya Angelou

youtu.be/b9Zoj7r2wnA?t=1652

>creative writing professor

>creative writing student

you're as bad as each other and both need your teeth kicked in

I have absolutely no idea who any of these people are.
They are caltural marxists. They see it as an intellectual rebellion against "hegmony" and homogeneity.

Tell them that content is what takes someone out of their comfort zone, not that this is something you should need to say.

Are you people fucking dumb? OP wants to do well in the class. I'm suggesting names to gain favor with the professor. This isn't rocket science.

Doing well in class doesn't mean he has to be a sheep. One can disagree and argue with one's teacher.

>One can disagree and argue with one's teacher.
What are you implying? Are you some kind of racist or something?!

Back to /pol/, you shitlord!

The Turner Diaries

Mishima

>will self

Peterson, is that you?

/pol/ bait thread

Just pick writings of extremists who aren't white

Suggest to be completely out of the contort zone by only reading non Western poets.

Say you don't like the racial element...its patronizing to minorites. thats the only argument that works

>tfw love Kipling
Tomlinson is such an amazing piece of poetry, and I've never encountered another soul familiar with it.

poets.org/poetsorg/poem/tomlinson

>One can disagree and argue with one's teacher.

Oh you can, but it won't work out in the end for you. Then you can go back to Tumblr-For-Mentally-Ill-Males /pol/ and whine to your hug box about muh supremacy and muh redpill

That foregoing quality for race as your metric is both prejudiced and intellectually bankrupt.

>Kenshin Sumitaku
>Rambhadracharya
>Mahmoud Darwish
>Jorge Luis Borges
>Paul Celan
>Oxmo Puccino

:^)

R U P I
U
P
I

why assume that reading works from poc would take us out of our comfort zone? Youre either naive or intentionally dangerous, as your trying to instill in all of us that deep down we're racist without even knowing it. If categorization is opression - why work so hard to ensure that our categories (identities) are as polarized as possible? Instead of the burgeoise and proletariate youve managed to switch these categories for the opresser and the opressed. This attempt to tear down western society by recreating early 20th century Soviet ideals is transparent, and I will be dropping the class immediately.

probably suggest an Irish poet

Blast out this YouTube video for top poetry cred:

youtube.com/watch?v=gDAWvwNNwws

>Śrīsītārāmasuprabhātam (श्रीसीतारामसुप्रभातम्) (2009), literally "The beautiful dawn of Lord Sitaram", is a Sanskrit minor poem (Khandkavya) of the Suprabhātakāvya (dawn-poem) genre composed by Jagadguru Rambhadracharya in the year 2008. The poem consists of 40 verses in Śārdūlavikrīḍita, Vasantatilakā, Sragdharā and Mālinī metres. The Phalaśruti at the end is in the Vasantatilakā metre.

>The work was composed by Jagadguru Rambhadracharya in the Aashvin Navaratra (September 30 to October 8) of 2008 when he was in Tirupati for a Katha programme. It was published with a Hindi commentary by the poet on March 14, 2009. This version was sung by Jagadguru himself in the Bairagi Raga in 2009.

We should judge authors based on merit and not race, although it's important to understand ethnic conflicts and the differences in perspectives between separate collectives, the focus of our course needs to be creative writing

Not the post to which I wanted to answer, but I guess Irishmen are just red-haired Indians after all.

ITT: Liberals tell anyone should disagree with them to go away as if that makes their points any more valid.

Why is it impossible for them to just *talk* to people.about their differences in perspective?

>Hi, I just arrived! Where do I have to sign?

Back to /r/books (or whatever the fuck the leddit equivalent of Veeky Forums is) you go

If you actually want to be "out of the comfort zone" then you need to pick some uncomfortable writers like Amiri Baraka or Eldridge Cleaver. Normie shit like won't make anyone uncomfortable.

Liberals are all brain dead, huffed up on cultural marxism. You should know this by now

He is right you know. Why would you only want to read from the perspective of a single group of people? I can't guarantee everything will be on the same level but you will definitely see the world in a new perspective.

University of Heidelberg professor circa 1937:
I got an idea: Poetry out of the comfort zone: All non-Jewish authors: let's say post-1870.

Kill yourself you gay nigger

>i kinda know one of the memes around here, plz accept me guys

lol this

Just fill it with pic related.
>doesn't know who Walcott is
the absolute state of this board
Kipling is for children, melodramatic ponces and crypto-numales.

yeah but dividing the world into white and non white is pretty eurocentric desu

>Why would you only want to read from the perspective of a single group of people?
Reading white authors guarantees that you DON'T read just one perspective. That's because white authors write about a lot of fucking shit.

What do black authors write about? Slavery and oppression. What hurdle do black main characters have to overcome? Slavery and oppression. You read one, you've read them all.

Fuck your stupid memes.

Its not like white authors write something outside of a few main topics either. Muh alienation

They write about the human condition. They write about topics that every human being, regardless of race, occupation or gender, can or could understand and relate to at some point.

suggest Homer, Dante and the Book of Psalms. Point out to him Greeks Italians and Jews are not REALLY white if he gets salty

>a new perspective.
There's nothing new about being a whiny brown bitch. It's the laziest, easiest, most accessible perspective in the world. There is absolutely no lack of whiny brown bitch perspectives in modern culture, we have a surplus of them, and there is absolutely nothing interesting or unique or original in being a whiny brown bitch.

You haven't read any works from a woman or minority

I said white authors. White women obviously apply.

And minorities can write interesting stuff. That's why I specifically singled out black people as writing repetitive trash.

>Complain about anti-dialogical nature of liberals and their hypocrisy of complaining about that same nature in others while denying it in themselves
>Get an immediate example
Thank you sir.

Ask why is he relying on his Facebook friends to do his motherfucking job.

You still suck at greentexting.

>"Let's say post-1950"
>"Hmm... Homer, Dante and the Book of Psalms?"

Find the most debauched, offensive rap lyrics possible and submit those

Maybe he could submit my work. I'm the Shakespeare of the ghetto:

>ACT 5. SCENE II. A bedchamber in da ghetto: DesDemonah nude in bed wif her legs open like a $5 crack addict hoe; a police lightbar shining in da background yo.

(Enter Otelo)

>Otelo
Fuck dat white shit, fuck dat white shit, nigga,--
Dont give a fuck if she dindu nuffin!--
Fuck dat white shit. But I'll not rape dat ass;
Nor put my knife in that cracka white skin
That's smooth as Dr Dre's first album yo.
Yet she gotta die or she'll fuck more niggaz.
Put out the lightbar like the sheriff's dead:
If I blow thee like bitches blow my dick,
I can unblow your shit like the mafia,
Should I repent me: but once put out thy light,
Thou fucking pattern of fat nigga nature,
I know not where is that Caribbean heat
That can thy shit relume. Your pussy stinks
Like the semen of dat nigga Cassio.
I'm a mad dawg: smell my pimp shit instead.
(Jizzing on her fucking bitch mouf)
Fucking hoe lips dat would even persuade
Judges to break their shit raycist gavel…!
Be thus when thou art dead, and I will kill thee,
And fuck thee after. One more, and this the last:
So sweet was ne'er so fatal. I must jizz,
But they are cruel semen drops: this shit's heavenly
Like mah bottle of Courvoisier. She wokes.

>DesDemonah
Who's there? Otelo?

>Otelo
Ayyy yo, DesDemonah.

>DesDemonah
Will you come to bed, my nigga?

>Otelo
Ooga booga bix nood mufugga.

>DesDemonah
Ayyyyy, my nigga.

>Otelo
If you think ur a nigga you cracka
Imma kill ya wif mah big Glock ooga
Maybach mufugga.

>DesDemonah
Yo big nugga, what dya mean by dat?

>Otelo
Fuck dat shit I'm gonna be brief mufugga:
I ain't killin your unprepared ho ass
Like Trump! Imma kill yah cracka soul yo.

>DesDemonah
Talk you of killing?

>Otelo
Ayyyyyo gurl.

>DesDemonah
Then Jesus
Get my bitch ass outta dis nigga hood!

>Otelo
Imma let you finish but fuck dat shit!

>DesDemonah
If you say so, I hope you will not kill me.

>Otelo
Bitch!

>DesDemonah
And yet I fear you; for you got such mad skillz
When your ill eyez roll I'm not afraid,
Since only the cracka police shoots us.

>Otelo
Think you're a ho.

>DesDemonah
I gotta twerk dat shit nugga.

>Otelo
Ayyyy bitch Imma smoke ya like a hot blunt.

>And why post 1950s?

So you couldn't sneak in anyone who was actually good, like Hafez.

>poetry

So he just wants slav lit then?

This is hands down the most biased and bitter thing ive ever seen here. Laugh folks, laugh. You will never be good at anything with your mindset -- oh wait yes you are good for one thing, you have a knack for spreading yourself and waiting gleefully to be meta-physically sodomized by biased, hateful, ideologies.

>a Sanskrit minor poem (Khandkavya) of the Suprabhātakāvya (dawn-poem) genre composed by Jagadguru Rambhadracharya in the year 2008. The poem consists of 40 verses in Śārdūlavikrīḍita, Vasantatilakā, Sragdharā and Mālinī metres. The Phalaśruti at the end is in the Vasantatilakā metre.

kawabata
mishima
bei Dao
hai zi
gu cheng

ezpz.

According to you, a white person. Lol

you should probably suggest the poetry of James Emanuel

>!
Literal hysterical redditor

>bitching about your tutor wanting to teach you something new
>instead wants to eat up the same white shit everyone knows already either way
Why are you even going to college if you don't want to learn? A creative writing degree itself is worthless, your only chance is actually getting some knowledge out of this.

As some other user noted, the only issue with it is that it brings memes like race to the foreground but given how society is already silly enough to believe in that, best one can do is to widen education.

Jimmy Santiago Baca, Etheridge Knight

A poem by Jupiter Hammon would certainly be outside of the comfort zone.
poemhunter.com/poem/a-dialogue-intitled-the-kind-master-and-the-dutiful-servant/

Report him to university officials for racism because he said black people make him uncomfortable.

Derek Walcott is great. I've had the pleasure of taking a creative writing course by him.

Comfort Zone, subjective state
I decide my state.
uncomfortable with task.

There you go.

Say Rupi Kaur and if anyone criticizes her work just attack them for being racist and sexist.

lol
>Seriously though.. is it

"Thomas Sowell"

Recommend Ricardo Lopez, you won't

I was actually thinking this.
OP please believe me when I say that this suggestion doesn't come from someone who loves minorities and dislikes white people, if anything I think schools need to teach more pride in western civilization to combat this insane ideology that the civilized western powerhouses, and rich white men, are somehow the true savages. I'd suggest keeping an open mind and trying to understand their ideas. Hate or contempt that's bred from fear is for animals, the civilized man hates out of understanding, and there is room for hate in this world in measured amounts. Love doesn't come from innocence, it comes from understanding hate.

That's gonna be a long WHITE list

Recommend Tao Lin

This is the most fedora post I've seen in a while, pls be pasta.

The point isn't to actually challenge themselves, but to affirm the status quo. The reason they would read Baraka is to problematize him.

>Kipling is for children, melodramatic ponces and crypto-numales.
Why do people feel the need to comment on things wholly unfamiliar to them?

Old Dirty Bastard, Young Thug

>Laugh folks, laugh.

cringe

>tfw Mill basically said the exact same thing
It's asinine to suggest "white" covers the same group of people when for almost all of its history European states were at war with one another. But of course we aren't fucking cannibals so progress persisted...unlike...some...places...

A color is not a perspective.

Being a brown dude doesn't make you what you have to say inherently interesting.

Being brown would affect how the world treats the person, giving the person a completely different perspective. Same with gender.

Though it's a shame that all the diversity stuff tends to end at that instead of exploring how class affects perspective, which is way more significant.

obviously insist on Rupi and watch her try to analyze it with a straight face