Ok Veeky Forums, if life is meaningless doesn't that make nihilism meaningless...

ok Veeky Forums, if life is meaningless doesn't that make nihilism meaningless? What's even the point of reading about nihilism if it's meaningless

>What's even the point of reading about nihilism if it's meaningless
so you can shit on values you dislike while not being a nihilist towards the values of your preference

Think of it this way, would you rather do nothing in your life but mope around because life is meaningless or would you rather try to actually enjoy yourself regardless?

That's edgy memekid nihilism.

Ascended nihilism is accepting that there is no meaning in life, but also accepting that our minds are wired for survival, not truth-seeking, and thus we nevertheless form value constructs even when we know, logically, that we are building them on a foundation of literally nothing.

Thus you don't deny value constructs their place - they are a necessity of human life as surely as food and water are - but rather you deny them the special position that they occupy which distinguishes them from food and water. Value constructs are just things we make up to help us survive. Denying yourself a value construct - even if you don't actually believe in it - is cutting off your hand before a fight.

>but living is meaningless to so why should I care about survival?
You don't have to, and if you don't then you can go off and do whatever, I don't care, but I suggest to you that you probably do want to live.

Did you just make this up user

In the sense that it's not copypasta, yes.

Your all fucking stupid

The fact that there isn't ONE meaning to life doesn't negate meaning itself u fucking retards. If there's is anything obvious about the world it's the abundance of meaning. Everything contains a history of itself and its relation to everything else. You could write a whole book about the most insignificant shit. Even "nihilism" is meaningful. There's so much.

What you faggot both ass is confused about is the hierarchy. Not all values are equal, in fact most fluidly shift from one extreme of importance (taking a shit) to unimportance (I no longer have to shit so I am not thinking about a restroom).

Your uprooted godless bitch ass, in the grips of not reading hegel, know instinctually you want to be at the peak of the mountain, but your stupid ass is so confused by all the terrain. "There are so many peaks" you say, and then that lazy worthless little voice in your head says "oh, they're all the same, it doesn't matter, don't even do it look at everyone around you they're all struggling to climb why even try?"

Of course you don't listen, but at the end of your tactless climb you reach the summit of a mountain you choice randomly and realize it's not even close to the top.

Mt Everest, stupid user, is not for the weak. And if you begin your first principle with a negation of meaning then you are sure to look back on your "climb" and realize you sold yourself and your potential for greatness short.

Wow. This might be the greatest post i have ever read

>"HURRR IF I SAY THAT X IS MEANINGFUL THAT MEANS THAT IT IS, NO FURTHER PROOF REQUIRED!"
No you fucking idiot.

To use your dumbass mountain analogy, you're essentially looking around at a flat plain and saying that there are mountains there, and that anyone who can't see these nonexistent mountains is just retarded. We're not retarded, you're just fucking deluded.

FUCKING MIND BLOWN
you are correct, I can decide the meaning of MY own life, that is so clever!
I'll post this on r/philosophy right now, thank you, sir

>he was raised on badlands

I'm sorry user, but I was given a pretty heroic landscape. Considering things from your point of view makes me sympathetic to your desire to kill yourself. If you do decide to end it, do it soon cuz I don't like the idea of people like you on my earth

Good post.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't nihilism just state that there's no objective meaning in life? My life has meaning to me, it also has meaning to my friends and family, so therefore it has meaning. Surely subjective meaning is still meaning.

Is that that new thing called sarcasm?!?!

No bitch your life is already chosen for you. For those of us who are superior and more intelligent, we get slightly dance around the predestined topology but nonetheless accept our fate and wouldn't have it any other way. Fucking heathens

>not lifting your gaze upward to the distant horizon of the multitudinous peaks beckoning to man to have mastery over them, over something greater than himself
>instead looking down in deference to the ground around your feet
>being literally shortsighted and meek as a virtue to justify your impotence
lmaoing at ur life

Everest is for the dumb, desu.

There's a reason the locals didn't fuck with it until some dumb Anglo came along.

Because they were complacent in mediocrity and stagnancy?

Theres not much to get from climbing a mountain other than to say you did it, which oh-so typical of a spiritually deprived Westerner.

>Theres not much to get from climbing a mountain

Ok

Climbing a mountain isn't purposeful in the reward for doing so, but is rather representative of certain other temperaments responsible for overall success in things.

Implying the locals don't routinely climb Everest with their lamas

Ur a fucking stupid bitch

Because nihilism is meaningless trash that is transcended by at least a dozen existentialist philosophers.

>implying vajrayana isn't more useful than going to a meme top

And those same temperaments can be used for something infinitely more practical than climbing a mountain.

I wonder whose mediocre now.