I have to go to pretentiousness fine dining establishments with my girlfriends parents on about a monthly basis...

I have to go to pretentiousness fine dining establishments with my girlfriends parents on about a monthly basis. We just had a huge argument about it. Ask me anything.

Other urls found in this thread:

elmatador.co.nz
parkkitchen.co.nz
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why do you have a GF? Are you a normie?

This. Get out of there normie scum.

I assumed the Normie shell but cracks are beginning to show.

Are you paying? if not, why is it a problem?

why the fuck do you have to do that

No I cannot afford to pay at these places with all the wine that is also drunk. I cook for them as a way to return the favour.

The problem is I have to sit through a 3hr "experience" surrounded by people who are all falling for and perpetuating the same stupid fucking memes.

PF Changs is not fine dining OP.

Im beginning to see that I dont have to, hence the argument.

I dont know what that is we live in Wellington, NZ.

>free food
Then shut the fuck up poorfag and show some goddamned appreciation.

>NZ
What is fine dining like for hobbits?

>food

Alledgedly.

A wanker will go to a foreign country to work as a chef/cook then come back and open an establishment. Said establishment will be an extreme exaggeration of the host country to try and repair the wankers disappointment in the country he/she worked in.

People are gonna laugh, but yeah, I dated a girl who's parents had way more money than I probably ever will (multi-generation family business type deal), and it's definitely an experience.

Like I never felt like they were trying to show off or impress me or anything, this shit was just normal to them.. but as someone who hovers in the middle ring of middle class, seeing so much money wasted on stuff I didn't get much out of was just killing me.

Eat the food, sit back smiling at the bs 'experience' and drink some nice wine..

I don't see the problem, what would you be doing otherwise? sitting on Veeky Forums reading fast food threads?

Then link to the website so we can look at the menu and tell you how much of a retard you are.

>its not food if I don't like it, but not the taste because it actually tastes pretty good but the politics surrounding it makes it not food!

>Like I never felt like they were trying to show off or impress me or anything, this shit was just normal to them.. but as someone who hovers in the middle ring of middle class, seeing so much money wasted on stuff I didn't get much out of was just killing me.

Are you me?

Uncomfortable seats, packed dining rooms like sardine cans, excessive noise, sauces smeared on plates instead of food, over complicated dishes ruining amazing ingredients

>Actually mad they're taking you for free food

Holy fuck, you are an absolute idiot. I hope your whore GF breaks up with you, normie.

>free lunch

THERE ARE NO FREE LUNCHES WITH THE INLAWS.

elmatador.co.nz

This is my favourite restaurant, didnt go with GFs parents though, I will have to think about top 5 worst I have been to.

Not really wasted money though. Those waiters can't afford to eat at the place their serving yet their tips are way better than working at Burger King. The whole supply chain has the money flowing through it. Those little mom and pop farms that couldn't deal with Wal-Mart and Kroger are able to sell to these restaurants and make a nice profit. And even with the high price of the food, even these Michelin rated places go under all the time. The ones that actually are unique and put the effort into the dish yet not forgetting it needs to actually taste good, they can be worth it.

parkkitchen.co.nz

This was worst service ever at brunch, had signs out saying open at 10:50, Barrister said "come on in guys and find a seat" the owner/maitre d was very passive aggressive saying they werent actually open and who seated us etc. Followed by a full breakfast with "artisan bread" which was toasted to the consistancy of pumice served under insipid bacon and overcooked eggs.

doesn't sound like a 3 hour 'experience' to me, sounds like you're a whingy bitch.

OP is a faggot, as always.

NZ has fine dining?
I thought you all were too busy with Hobbit cosplay.

Im trying to find shitty yet quality restaurants that are still open so I can link to them...

I havent even seen LOTR, you know its mostly Americans who worked on the movie? NZ was just location.

I fucked a tranny when I was 17.

maybe your gf should find a man who can sit in a seat, eating the food they're paying for every other week to keep the inlaws happy while you go back to eating mcdonalds in your car alone while parked in the carpark..

>I cant read

maybe your gf should find a man who can sit in a seat
>Uncomfortable seats, packed dining rooms

eating the food they're paying for every other week
>No I cannot afford to pay at these places
>on about a monthly basis

go back to eating mcdonalds in your car alone while parked in the carpark.
This was admittedly an educated guess.

Oh I get that logic, but it's still really hard to turn that chunk of your brain off.

Most ackward I ever felt was when the brother (who was really into booze) took me as a guest to this moderately snobby whisky society meeting. Like, I enjoy Whisky and bourbon, and they weren't cartoonistly pretentious for the most part, but I still felt out of place as all fuck.