What's your go-to inexpensive EVOO for cooking? That is, with heat, not as a dressing

What's your go-to inexpensive EVOO for cooking? That is, with heat, not as a dressing.
Just bought this one and then looked it up online, the company's been fined in the past for filling the bottles with half olive oil, half sunflower oil. Oh, well.

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/news/want-the-best-olive-oil-then-save-yourself-some-money-1758556.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>EVOO
>for cooking
Stahp

Canola

Show me a Mediterranean cookbook that doesn't call for EVOO for cooking. You can even deep fry things with it.

Yes, you can but you will get cancer and die

As long as you aren't hitting higher temperatures it's okay to do a bit of cooking with it. This is what I use, it's really cheap but actually still tastes good. Not sure how trustworthy it is, can't find much about it online.

>Olive oil for cooking.
Don't use olive oil, real evoo has too low of a smoke point. "Light olive oil" is all half canola oil anyways. So just skip the middle man and use canola/sunflower oil for cooking.

Muh Med cooking, though.

My own.

I don't use EVOO for cooking. I use Filippo Berio regular olive oil for cooking

Please let me live on your farm.

If you can survive the mosquitos (also, fig trees), you are most welcome.

A good test for the quality of your EVOO is to just take a shot of it. Real EVOO should burn your throat a bit.

I typically just buy my supermarkets brand. It's cheap and is consistently better than any of the italian brands, most of which tend to be fake evoo.

You should be buying expensive Olive Oil and not using it for saute or no olive oil at all.

Which country am I emigrating to?

Kirkland's organic extra virgin is my go-to. Reasonably priced and pretty decent quality.

Aldi own brand.
Italian and greek olive oil is largely controlled by organised crime, and unless ou get the really good shit, it's often adulterated with cheap oils.
Spanish is generally more reliable.

It also beats out most other more expensive brands.
independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/news/want-the-best-olive-oil-then-save-yourself-some-money-1758556.html

I bought the great value EVOO. It's confirmed pure. Unfortunately it comes in a plastic bottle.

I buy Bragg's currently.
Any opinions?

buy pomace or some other shit for cooking, nerd

aside for that, i usually use pic related since its easy to find and relatively good quality

just buy regular olive oil you fucking loser

I realize Italian EVOOs are most likely full of shit. How about Greeks, though? Of this I had a 0,5l bottle and it was breddy gud, though no burn in comparison of some off-brand I bought at Kaufland (similar to Aldi, Tesco, Lidl, etc.)

Is there really any way at all to be sure unless you buy from a private maker or work at the given factory? With the EVOO laws being so lax and all.

absolute dogshit, italians are better if you luck out and dont buy some mafia-made fake EVOO
spanish and tunisian are the best

t.live right next to greece and 90% of the olive oil here is greek

Inexperienced pov

Depends on the supplier alone. Prefer those building a name over the well-established companies and you'll be sure to taste the difference.

Greece. Sun, wine, sea, and all the fresh produce you can consume.

>In 1970, José hired his son, Joseph "Pepe", to manage daily operations, and "Pepe" is now the majority owner and president of Badia Spices, Inc.

its local so i buy their spices idk if its even available outside of south florida