What are some cozy books to read? I just got out of surgery and have a bunch of pain killers...

What are some cozy books to read? I just got out of surgery and have a bunch of pain killers, feels good man but would like a nice cozy/interesting book to read
Thanks guys

Mason & Dixon by Thomas Pynchon.

Chicken Soup for the Soul

Typee!

Thanks, I'll look them up. A friend recommended The Alchemist. I've heard it is good but is it cozy?

It's shit.

Veeky Forums snobs will call you a pleb for reading Coelho. Bit overblown and sentimental, but it's a decent book.

>pain killers
Need to play a game like Fallout New Vegas or, if you're a graphics pleb, I guess Fallout 4. Don't have to worry about missing anything, and it's all interesting yet zany enough to keep you invested while in that drowsy, medicated state

Fallout 3 (Despite all of its flaws that I could rag on more than anyone) is comfier than NV and 4 combined.

Then again the classics are pretty comfy too, though a little finicky for someone recovering on painkillers.

Trying to read while on pain killers is a bad idea, especially if it's morphine.

You won't remember anything you read and will just have to read it all over again.
Also, you probably won't even remember making this thread.

it's probably percocets or something. there's nothing more comfy than literally nodding off while trying to read on a dose of those. god i miss it.

I agree that from the get-go F3 is comfier. And considering only a single run-through, it has more to offer as well. But unless this dude wants to invest hundreds of hours over maybe sixty-eighty hours for a play through, New Vegas is a little more accessible. Plus, a sort of double-edged sword I suppose, if the dude wants to just run through the story and nothing else barring DLC, either game is a quick 2-3 day (12-20 hours) play through.

I'm the guy who recommended Fallout. If you're heart's set on a book, Siddhartha was comfy as fuck to read.

Yeah video games are great, I enjoy playing roller coaster tycoon and GTA because I'm a pleb but I get sick of video games easily and I have to catch a flight in a few days

Robinson Crusoe

Not really a whole book, but I'd recommend The Dead by Joyce as the comfiest thing ever written. The rest of Dubliners is pretty good too.

I still really enjoy the later games, but Fallout 1 & 2 are peak comfy if you can get into them.

Ruth Rendell short stories are so comfy on a windy fall day with a hot mug of coffee or tea.

Once I get a computer again, I'm playing the series from 1 through tactics. I played a little bit of Wasteland 2 and ever since I've wanted to play the original fallouts

I say The Little Prince. Top cozy

The Stand is a very comfy read untill all the good x evil plot

The Wind in the Willows

All books from Walter Moers, starting with 13 1/2 Lives of Captain Bluebear

Montaigne's Essays area very comfy.
He's become a meme in Latin America; the ultimate face of bad writing. Though the same people that shit on him (and having read only a quote on facebook) would tell you that Bukowski is the best thing they've ever read.

I have read him myself, and i can tell you he's no good. It's just self-help book disguised as a novel, without any literary value. Typical stuff you'd find on airports

Moravagine

The Road.

American Psycho and Notes from the underground

knausgård is comfy-core