Whoa, whoa, whoa. There’s still plenty of meat on that bone. Now you take this home, throw it in a pot...

>Whoa, whoa, whoa. There’s still plenty of meat on that bone. Now you take this home, throw it in a pot, add some broth, a potato. Baby, you’ve got a stew going.
Is he right? Is stew that easy?

i mean you should make stock from the bones then make a stew from that but yeah it is that easy

no, stews make their own broth, if you have a broth then you've already made a stew.

carl wethers in arrested development is one of the best characters ever

This is a stew thread.
Not really. Using broth as your cooking liquid only makes a stew better.

Sorta. Depends on what bones. Chicken? Fuck no. Ham? FUUUUUUCK YEEEEESSS.

I buy a ham, carve off the bulk of the meat for sandwiches and such, and when the bone is at about...20% meat left that I would have to carve out and work into a sammich, fuck it. slow cooker, beans. Add tomatoes and chilis for flavor. It's that. fucking. simple.

This is a good thread.

>Not really.
No, it's pretty absolute. Stews make their own broth.

>not charring the ham bone first
Absolutely plebian

Do you char it with the stove or what
>t. pleb

I think I'd like my money back

Just throw it in the oven for an hour

Super Dave was pretty good

Ok but my take is that the dude in the image knows what he's doing, he just doesn't have the terminology quite right. Still, close enough.

When will Veeky Forums learn that mushroom stock is the best stock.
Throw in some veggies, herbs and some browned chuck. Simmer for 3 hours. Primo shit.

It's all relative

was that the one armed guy?

How does simmering chuck with veggies and herbs make a mushroom stock?

Then why do I always use a broth and red wine combination as a cooking liquid for stew?

No, Super Dave played Larry Middleman, the surrogate.

because your dumb.
Just use red wine and add water as needed.

Make me, faggot. For a normal sized pot of beef stew, I use about a cup of beef stock and a bottle of red wine. Why use water when I can use something with flavor?

>uses beef stock in beef.
No, use honey and fish sauce/vinegar.
You do have the bottle of wine right.

I don't think I'd like the honey. I do use worcestershire sauce, which has both fish and vinegar in it.

>I don't think I'd like the honey.
You've never tried it? Shit man, where did you learn to cook.

Don't act like putting honey in beef stew is common, because it isn't. I learned to cook from Julia Child and Jacques Pepin, so I stay pretty traditional with beef stew.

I love doing that, but I do a ham potato soup. cut up potatoes into small chunks. put a few in a food processor to make into a mush, like maybe 5% of them.