ITT: your favorite author when you graduated highschool

ITT: your favorite author when you graduated highschool

China Mieville

Kurt Tucholsky

Found Veeky Forums and read Dante and Camus by the end of high school. I'd probably have said Camus since I found Dante dense

Poe

Alan Moore probably.

Carlton mellick III & Edward lee
Im guessing Veeky Forums hates them, but the books were entertaining

Vonnegut, Dickens, and heller

Kek

I didn't read books in high school. Nearly all of my free time was spent listening to music, pretending to be someone cool on a Weezer message board, chatting with friends and strangers on AIM, and looking at Weezer tabs.

Fitzgerald

I don't get it, I have only read the sun also rises, as was suggested to me on this board and it was shit. Why is Hemmingway seen as an important author ?

Lovecraft.

John Milton and Cervantes

I love you, Barnes & Noble Classics.

Hey, that's pretty good for a highschool graduate. Mine was Lovecraft and he still is very important to me, because of how he shaped my reading habits. As long as you didn't get stuck with that, it's ok.
Actually, I've recently read The City And The City from Mieville and it had a lot of great ideas, even though they don't really evolve into a great book. It was an enjoyable read and worked to develop some ideas on my own from some of its premises.

Sorry for the long rant, but any read can be a good read if you know how to capitalize it.

Cormac McCarthy

Friend showed me Brothers Karamazov. It's not like good literature was hard to find if you were interested in it. Even the internet in the mid 2000s would point you to Joyce, Nabokov, Proust, Pynchon

Clive Barker

William Gibson

tolkien

still read him

Tolkien :^)

Keroac, Alan Watts, and Hemingway.

Chuck Palahniuk...

Yes, I fucked up Kerouac's name.

embarrassing

William S. Burroughs

Either Ken Kesey or Anthony Burgess

I really developed an appreciation for Hawthorne

Asimov

DFW

I still haven't read any of his work.

Lovecraft.

Kafka or Joyce.

Salinger. Of course.

Stieg Larsson

Kafka, I still love him.

Herman Melville then, now and forever

No one's said Hermann Hesse yet?

Joyce.

Don't worry, you'll learn.

Truman Capote.

>when you graduated highschool
extraneous for most people on this board

same

nice

i think most people on here are probably ~20, which is bad but better than a lot of boards. The most common age in datamine threads seems to be 22/23. The uni threads make me assume the average poster is probably a college freshman or sophomore. I think most of the good posters who frequent the board are college grads.

He's more about sentimentality. I find it funny how an author seen as a huge chauvinist is also one of the most emotional authors of the 20th century.

J K Rowling. What? Like so many teenagers, I read a lot of Harry Potter.

Matt?

Kafka..