This fucking dumbass could have skipped town but he stayed, knowing he would be executed. Wtf?

This fucking dumbass could have skipped town but he stayed, knowing he would be executed. Wtf?

he loved us so much that he was willing to die to clear us of our sins

>'I'm going to sacrifice my life for your sins!'
>gets resurrected three days later and spends eternity in the glorious kingdom of heaven
Doesn't this sort of make his 'sacrifice' meaningless?

Wow, you really made Veeky Forums a better place today with this post, OP.

delete this

He died to become Lord of the living and the dead.

judas did literally nothing wrong

>Fuck up my life. Partly because of myself, partly because other people are shit.
> Now I'm starving.
>Dude with infinite food walks by.
>Takes a look at me. Shakes his head.
>Says "Damn, dude, you're all fucked up."
> Me: "Yeah, pretty much."
> He says "How about this, I'll give you a lifetime supply of food."
>Me: "Wow, that's really nice of you Mr. Infinite Food Guy."
>The dude says "Sweet, but I'm going to have to undergo starvation myself for about three days before I can give it to you."

Is it still meaningless?

So did that guy at Tienanmen Square so why aren't we praying for him?

We know this because Jesus forgave him

Who are you quoting?

>that is the joke

I retract my statement. This post DID make Veeky Forums a better place today.

Hes got no power ad hes not a son of xi xin ping pong

Yes, you MORON. Whomst are you quoting anyway? Your imaginary friend?

Is the crucifixion and resurrection the biggest cop-out in all of literary history?

>Yeah the messiah is going to come and fix all the problems in the world.
>PSYCH he's actually gonna die in a massive amount of suffering and sacrifice to only fix problems in a metaphysical way
>PSYCH he's actually gonna come back to life and it turns out he was god all along so there was really no sacrifice whatsoever

Are there earlier mythological instances of this happening or is god just the first hack anime writer?

>tfw we never got the Majin Satan arc of the Bible where Jesus gets brought back by the dragonballs AGAIN

>tfw it's been 2000 years since the trailer for part 3 was released and it STILL isn't out yet

Because he chose to show all that even in weakness God can conquer all. He came to become the lowest and came out the highest. The crucifixion was not the only way to save the world. It was the chosen way. God can save the world any way he wants, he's God. But he chose the crucifixion because because it would become the most fruitful inspiration and operation to echoes through earth's history. That even into horrible death and terrible humiliation and falsehoods, any man can die hopeful and triumphant.

Because Jesus got there first, user.

>he is not amillenialist

user, please...

>Doesn't this sort of make his 'sacrifice' meaningless?
Why would it be, can you do it yourself, I'm sure your ego will eat you up at the slightest provocation. Isn't the goal of all to enter heaven? You can open to God and do your job, is there someone stopping you?

The Quran came out ages ago

Not everybody can be a quiter

This is either the worst bait or the worst mental retardation I've ever seen.

Are you refering to the Bible's Satan or DB's Satan?

The quran is to the bible what Full metal Alchemist 2003 is to Full Metal Alchrmist: Brotherhood

Fanfiction