When did it become cool to market coffee exactly like craft beer?

When did it become cool to market coffee exactly like craft beer?
>a fine craft coffee
>draft ice cold brew coffee on tap
>nitro cold brew
"nitro" means they injected nitrogen into the coffee so it can form a thick foam head when poured from a tap, just like beer.

I actually spotted supermarket nitro cold brew stuff in cans and beer bottles made to resemble beer and being sold for exorbitant prices ($5 a can)
Who actually enjoys this shit?
Coffee tastes absolutely nothing like beer.

I liked elaborate coffee preparations better when it was called "Turkish coffee." All the "nitro craft brew" shit kind of annoys me.

>cold coffee
No thanks.

Struggling celebrities got into it for the cash grab, I can't see it lasting like other meme drinks it tastes like garbage

>meme drinks
Actual retard.

I dunno the answer to your question but I know I like cold brews cause they're smoother and have loads more caffeine.

I went to a place like tike this once
ordered a coffee
it took 9 minutes
fuck it

When I'm abstaining from alcohol, it's a nice alternative.

also add in nespresso selling 4 year old coffee grounds as "2014 Vintage" coffee pods

When people realised it was a lucrative market. When there are enough people who are willing to spend a shit ton of money on it.

popular in straya

just give me a stout

When did it become cool to market Mtn Dew like malt liquor?

Actual Nitro coffee is pretty nice, though.

Normal coffee, cold - Okay
Coffee brewed overnight in cold - Not Okay. It just fucking tastes like cold watered down coffee
Basic rules of chemistry tell us that coffee oils don't dissolve into water at room temperatures

When they wanted to expand from the white trash market into the black trash market

*Throws boomerang*

Cold "brew" is probably one of the biggest memes in the last five years

>Coffee tastes absolutely nothing like beer.

you're a fucking idiot. GOOD coffee has the EXACT SAME COMPLEXITIES you look for in a good STOUT. depth, balance between bitter, sweetness/caramalization, earthy flavours, in addition to hints of acidity and fruity tones. also it's the same reason people enjoy quality espresso in milk. it's not because they enjoy the taste of milk, but because textured milk acts as a platform for the coffee and a different experience for the palate to enjoy it. in much the same way adding nitro to texture (cold brew) a good coffee does the exact same fucking thing.

I like it. You have to put in freshly ground coffee, pref light roast, and a lot of coffee relative to water. The subtle tastes in the coffee really comes out with cold brew. Yeah I may sound pretentious but whatever

nothing is wrong with cold brew on tap. but i don't know what "craft coffee" means considering the coffee is grown in a third world country then at most all the coffee shop does is roast the beans.

and nitro cold brew is disgusting

Unironically using the word meme is probably one of the biggest memes in the past ten years.

>not picking up a four pack of your favorite coffee

>paying more for a 4-pack of bottled meme coffee than for a 12-pack of Huber Bock

No fucking thanks, I'm glad I live in Wisconsin where men are men and everyone drinks good beer.

You don't know what a meme is?

It tastes good.

You keep using that word "meme"...

>Huber Bock
>good beer

>America
>good beer

ftfy

Our breweries sweep all the international competitions. Stay assmad.

If I keep using it, will you die?

good beer doesnt get exported, just corporation shit

How are all these bugmen able to grow such thick and straight beards?
Mine looks like fucking pubic hair

stop drinking soy and have some fucking coffee and a nice tall glass of stout, little boy.

No John, you are the bugman

It would be extremely memeful.

Does this real?

>what is ice coffee
Having said that, I agree with you.

Coffee will be the ultimate meme "food" this year.

For the price, it's damn good broski. I feel bad for the fools who pay $4 more for the 12 pack of Shiner Bock when Huber costs the same as 12 Rolling Rocks and tastes 2x as good as Shiner.

except only dumb plebs use podshit so this is actually a better example of dumbfuckery than OPs

You're a big meme

preach hinduism, kill yourself, and cross your thumbs

Have you ever tasted Nespresso? I sometimes take a cup from a store kiosk and it is not bad desu

Obviously not as good as real coffee but on a different level than k Cups or shitty drip coffee

I don't mind as long as it means more coffee shops are nearby

They will usually serve good regular coffee anyway

dumb pleb spotted

thai and viet iced coffee is delicious though

Literally 30% of Michelin starred restaurants use Nespresso (including Heston Blumenthals ones) for their coffee.

Of course these restaurants are not cafes, so you don't expect amazing coffee, but if you don't think that shows Nespresso makes decent coffee you are just a dumb pseud

For
meme
emem
meme
emem

>REEEE FUCKIINNNNG NORMIEEEESSSS BUGMAAAAAAN

Fuck off you autistic Drumpf cocksucker

Coffee is done right in Italy and Spain. Almost instant and cool enough to drink. You don't take it to go. But you also don't stay long at all. No receipt and you just pay in maybe 2 coins.

This. OP has never had a strong stout. I tried one in the range of 22% abv once. Small pour, naturally, but it was quite a lot like drinking strong coffee.

It's also so easy to make for camping or something. My brother showed me this. Just a bunch of coffee in a nalgene and leave it overnight. Wake up with that in your tent next to you. Or go out in the cold and get a little burner going and wait for it, pour, etc. Fine if it's good weather, but sometimes this is a pretty tedious process

Nitrogen cold brew coffee is pretty good when they don't over charge you (and don't act like a complete faggot as they serve it to you)

It has the bold flavour of a black coffee, but the texture of a coffee with cream. It's also pretty nice on a hot day.

Literally 30% of Michelin starred restaurants serve PLEB TIER coffee

who gives a shit Nespresso shill. this is a COFFEE thread nod a pleb shit shilling thread. fuck off George Clooney

I want to see a moka or aeropress cafe. It's either the place catches fire or the baristas look fucking dumb, but it ought to taste pretty good.

> he doesn't only frequent Michelin star restaurants that serve sous vide coffee

Amazing, they've combined several memes into one big supermeme.

What are you, a fucking pleb?

>Lets boil this coffee in water
>but lets put it in ziplock bag first
>oh, lets not forget to fill the bag with water to actually make the coffee instead of warm coffee beans
Literally what the fuck is the point.

I used to live off those things when I was a tradie, so much fucking sugar in them though, turned me back into a fatfuck.

Because they wanted expensive coffee to not be for only women anymore

>boiling
Retard.

my local target went full retard with the cold brew meme, replacing a bunch of coffee maker stuff with a $100 manual cold brew machine which was just a wastefully machined glass tank with an aluminum dispenser base that sits in your fridge.
Also they added tons of cold brew stuff in the fridge section and all of it had layers of clearance stickers on it, marked down only 50 cents, they really sunk money into this shit they don't want to admit they fell for a meme.

>quantity = quality
poor amerimutt, maybe someday you'll learn good taste

Cold brew is delicious.

I really want "meme" to get filtered to "fad" some day, then all the double hipsters would sound like concerned soccer moms.

What's the best instant cappuccino mix? I just had Hill Bros. and that tasted like heaven to my uncultured mouth.

What a great idea

only acceptable cold coffee is iced pour overs, cold brew is trash

I'm saving that, great copypasta potential here.

the "trash" modifier for black people is the default and therefor unnecessary to write

Apparently you're too retarded to use Google. Cold brew coffee yields a less acidic coffee. So the flavor profile will be different. Less oils, but also less acidic. It's just a preference. Cold brew is better for your teeth, however.

>Winning an accomplishment doesn't establish superiority
>If my competitor wins, I win

Canadian beer sucks.

>tampa

>Who actually enjoys this shit?
All I want is a straight filter coffee. No screwing around. Just straight. Black. Filter. Coffee.
Give me it in the next 5 minutes and I'll put the gun down and let the bus of nuns go.

I have no idea but I drink 2 cups of hot ass coffee every morning. Cold coffee can suck my nuts

i dont know why but i cant stop laughing

No way? Is this true?

I had nitro coffee recently and it's now one of my guilty pleasures. I really like it.

I swear to God we had this exact fucking OP post like a year or two ago. Same text and most definitely the same picture.

I like cold coffee because my tongue burns too easily

""coffee"" is terrible in southern europe pal

Where do they even sell this?
I've never seen it

Nitro brew tastes like a coffee milkshake to me, it's really good for a treat once in a while.

>my cold coffee concentrate is better than your cold coffee concentrate

Find another beverage to be a nuisance about

I like iced coffee fine, but I've had cold brew from Starbucks and this place called the Roastarie (it's a local company and they sell their coffee at my community college, so idk if it's anywhere else). I always get a small, but I end up getting kind of nauseous halfway through. Never happens with regular or iced coffee, or energy drinks. Any ideas why?

I don't enjoy warm drinks.

Alright lads, I've gotten into iced coffee from the store and I finally have a fridge.
Any tips on Milk/water/coffee ratio. Would be nice to make up in a 2-3 litre batch every now and then.

I'm a brewer (beer) and I'm here to tell you nitro doesn't work that way. "Nitro beer" is carbonated, not nitrogenated, at much lower psi than regular beer. It is pressurized with a mixture of carbon dioxide and nitrogen, hence 'nitro'. This creates more pressure, forcing the beer out at a higher rate, releasing the incorporated CO2, causing the cascade.