SMOKING MEAT!

Just bought a smoker 2 weeks ago and I’m pretty sure I’m addicted to this new hobby of mine. Started out with Briskets and today I’m making a Pork shoulder. I’ll be posting pics throughout the coo but the main point of this thread is I’m hoping you guys can give me ideas of what to smoke next and what recipes, rubs, marinades and methods you guys go about using to smoke your favorite meats. All advice will be greatly appreciated!

Oh god I’m sry for the rotated pic. Using mobile and had a few beers already.

Can a mod delete this thread I’ll remake it in 30 min with a better thumbnail

Chuck roast is good should take 6hrs

>ti leaf

Hawaii?

i fixed it for op

Open up the chimney damper all the way and control temps from the fresh air intake side. Your smoke will be bitter.

My buddy got a smoker recently and is kind of anal about it.
>makes ribs
>”no worries user they’ll be done quickly, we can leave by 10:00 to go out”
>proceeds to check on them every twenty minutes and we end up leaving at like two am
They were pretty great, but I don’t have the dedication for that. I have the patience to wait eight hours for a meal, but is he just a sperg or is that how you have to do it all the time?
I can understand doing that if you’re hosting a party/grill n’ chill.
Is there some shit that I can just throw in there and leave? Because that’d be tight.
Otherwise my lazy ass should probably just use a crock pot.

We started them at like 3:00, worth nothing.

*noting

i was gonna say florida because of the philodendrons and oak trees

>checks on it every twenty minutes
he's just a noob letting out heat and increasing cooking time.

>187x250

>check on them every twenty minutes
no fucking wonder it took forever.

tell that nigger to get a quality meat thermometer.

Ah, hawaiifag here thats why... The sun was rising here and it matched the lighting of the pic so i just guessed with the plants and tree. Btw give it 20 years or morw and those fuckers turn into monsters. I hope you dont have any plumbing or pipes anywhere near that thing because concrete doesnt mean shit for it, where it goes, it goes.

not OP but yea philodendron is a fucking pain in the ass and sucks all the nutrients out of the soil and nothing else can grow there. the dead ones are kinda cool though, its amazing how light and airy the trunks are

Ribs should take 6hrs at 275F. I like to do a 3-2-1 method. They usually come out overly tender but its not competition style ribs so i dont care. If im taking more care to hit the perfect tenderness then i do 2.5-1.5-then anywhere from 1-2 hours unwrapped.

3-2-1 method is 3 hrs unwrapped then 2 hours wrapped in double layer of foil, and finishing with 1 hour unwrapped. Last 15 minutes you can brush sauce on it.

I bought a small kettle grill in July and I've been using it almost constantly ever since to smoke meat. Most of what I smoke are chicken thighs in dry rub, which is usually made of brown sugar, cayenne and chili powder, and whatever else I have in my spice cabinet.

If you live in a city and u want to upgrade to a 22". Check craigslist after summer tons of ppl sell relatively new weber kettles. Ive bought several for as low as 35$ and the guy threw in a charcoal basket, tongs, and a half a bag of charcoal.

mods pls

I like the sound of overly tender.

You could eat them with your gums.

My mouth actually watered. You asshole. I want fucking rib juice.