How do I make leafy green soup taste good without any bacon or meat?

How do I make leafy green soup taste good without any bacon or meat?
t. Poorfag

beans or potatoes and a little lemon juice

beef stock, boullion cubes

That'll beef it up for sure, but I'm hoping for something that'll give it some of the flavor kick dat rendered fat does. can I literally drop MSG in or something?

Already used chicken stock powder when I made it with meat

add cream and cheese

Excellent suggestion, don't have cheese or cream though
t. Really poorfag

What do you use for leafy greens? Maybe I should try something like that

are you able to buy literally 1 strip of bacon from the meat counter at your grocery store?

i do that sometimes

Potato and kale soup works great with just broth/stock and a little olive oil.

1-3 slice Bacon browned, removed and crumbled, added back in with 1 onion, then garlic when onions sweat, then 1 bunch greens, crushed red pepper, black pepper. Wilt greens slightly then add 3 cups stock or water with stock powder. Boil then simmer covered for about 45 min.

You can add whatever leafy greens, veg or spices you want and it turns out good. I did it with kale and Sichuan pepper once, tasty. White potatoes are a good choice for potassium. You can drain some of the rendered fat if you want.

Maybe, I might have enough change for it.

Thanks lad, I'll give it a shot. Any idea how I can make the broth thick though?

Mash the potatoes into the broth once they're cooked. If you have an immersion blender use that (for just a few seconds, if you overwork potatoes they texture will be gross and the soup ruined), then add the finely chopped kale to simmer for about 15 min.

Thank you lifesaver-kun

last week i made a decently hearty potato soup

5 cubed red potatoes
1/2 onion diced
salt

add enough water in the pot to cover the potatoes
boil the potatoes and onion in salted water until the potatoes are tender
mash the potatoes in the pot with the water until it is thick

for some creaminess you can add milk, half and half, sour cream, etc

the leftovers the next day had basically turned into a creamy, smooth mashed potatoes

mushrooms

Pricey. I envy you fags who get to forage for those boys

Try dried shiitake mushrooms? Or maybe some smoked paprika?

>pricey
You literally just said it, get off your ass and go forage. There are mushrooms everywhere, just reach down and pluck them.

Just make sure theyre non-toxic.

Buy a block of lard or dripping, its cheap and has health benefits provided you dont live off the stuff

red curry paste