What does Veeky Forums order at their local family mexican restaurants? i usually get chicken enchiladas

what does Veeky Forums order at their local family mexican restaurants? i usually get chicken enchiladas.

Chili relleno (just the cheese, no meat) or carne asada with corn tortillas

pork tamales

Getting chicken anything at a restaurant like that is just, it's just not even an option. Absolutely flavourless and usually dryer than your mom's pussy

>pork tamales
This. Anything fussy and labor intensive I see on the menu, that's I don't look forward to making at home, I get that to see how their rendition came out.
With your chips, ask for a salsa they didn't serve you for free, like green or borracha or ranchera from the kitchen.

tamales
homemade soups, pozole will always be good
anything with nopales (talk about thankless work!)
chilaquiles, green w/ chicken
huaraches or sopes, usually carnitas or nopales
bistec a la tampiquena will have guac on it, and grilled onions
taquitos (I am not often frying at home, rather grilling)
If they are known for it, I love good tacos. Having tacos al pastor, or simple carne asada tacos with onion and cilantro, and squeeze of lime is heavenly simple and let you use some good salsa.

To drink:
Reposada Tequila and sangrita chasers (ask!)
Soda, senorial sangria
aqua fresca, usually a melon or guanabana

Breakfast:
Molletes
Chilaquiles
hot atole and something from their bakery, concha roll or flaky pastry

Enchiladas verdes filled with peppers and onions. Pico on the side.

I'd like to find some good tamales but none of the places here are up to par. I like a fluffier masa.

I like to order a big cup of ICE.

I had to give up Mexican since I'm doing Keto to lose weight.

I'll usually order the spiciest thing on the menu

Something with either shrimp or barbacoa.
Lately, I've learned that carne fideo is a thing and it is amazing, but none of the restaurants here in town serve it. Real shame.

Horchata, and whatever sounds most "authentic".

Just cheese in a bowl.

>fideo
Cheapest thing ever
Even worse than hamburger helper

C A R N E A S A D A

A

R

N

E

A

S

A

D

A

My standard order in a run-of-the-mill mexican place is 2 cheese enchildas and 2 pork tamales (both ala carte, not as part of a "plate"), and a side of guacamole.
If it's one of the better mexican places around here, I'll order Aguachile (preferably green), or if I'm really hungry, Molcajete (pic related, but not my own).
If it's a taqueria, I'm going for lengua and al pastor tacos.
A new Oaxacan place just opened near me, I'm looking forward to trying it, possibly tomorrow.

Immigration

A big old lengua burrito with the works, including potato, served wet with red enchilada sauce.

fajitas and a big ass margarita

I order ICE

That shit with chocolate/tomato sauce.
Absolutely godly if they use the right amount of chocolate.

OP's picture could be taken from literally anywhere in the USA

i like arroz con pollo, pelooza (ACP with peppers, onions), or chorizo and chicken

mmm all dat cheese

I always get the chile relleno. They're rarely made correctly, but I don't care. It's a guilty pleasure. I also like enchiladas or burritos filled with chile colorado, or steak, chorizo, or picadillo. I fucking love generic American Mexican food.

So that's somebody else's big slop of shit?

>trying this hard to force a bad meme

Plain hamburger, please.

jesus

3 carne asada tacos and a large horchata. Im a simple man at a simple restaurant.

I judge a Mexican place by how good their chile verde is. It's what I usually order. Sometimes carnitas or al pastor.

Three steak tacos on corn tortillas with onions and cilantro. Nothing else.