Shouldn't American Sauce be ranch dressing? Or ketchup...

Shouldn't American Sauce be ranch dressing? Or ketchup? I've never even seen a condiment that looks like this "American Sauce" before (closest I can think of is some of the sauce they use in Taco Bell items), pretty sure it's not a common thing to put on food anywhere in the US whatever it is.

Jalapeño ranch? Like in the quesadillas

Is it like zaxby's zax sauce maybe? Never seen this

Isn't that white? I think it's the other one that kind of looks like this, the chitpotle sauce.

I think it's a ketchup mayo sauce.

agree that ranch would make sense. it's uniquely american.

I'm so glad that isn't just a photoshop, based.

It’s like a reddish orange, I don’t know why it’s called the creamy jalapeño sauce it’s more like a creamy chipotle sauce

Nah, I think you're getting it confused with the actual chipotle sauce. You can buy both as their own product outside of a Taco Bell store and there's a picture here of someone who has a bottle of each.

if i had to guess, i'd say it's like bk's zesty sauce.

which is delicious.

Pretty sure it's thousand island dressing or attempted Bic Mac sauce replicas.

looks like big mac sauce

My b, I guess the orange one is on the quesadillas and the old cheesy bean and rice burrito

It's clearly burger sauce, which even we don't sell in a canister. What's confusing is that it has a picture of an italian sub on the front of the label, to which we'd be adding an oil and vinegar italian dressing, not mayo+ketchup+sweet relish combination.

"American" sauce is just the name they chose because it's an all-purpose sandwich spread.
The thought process was likely something like this:
>I just made this sauce, and it's pretty decent. Try it out.
>>I like this a lot, in fact I might use it on a sandwich.
>Sauce on a sandwich? Do Americans really do this?

And so the name stuck.

It looks like big mac sauce a.k.a. "thousand island dressing"

Might be like a thousand island / bigmac sauce

Indeed, we don't have American sauce here in America. I'm guessing it's either similar to Big Mac sauce or french fry sauce (a simple mixture of ketchup and mayonnaise, though it looks like there's something else in there)

It's just a name. Do they use French dressing in France?

yah I think in OPs pic its definitely thousand island. I know in Europe you can just straight up buy the McDonald's Sauces, but in Asia "american sauce" is often just mayo.

They don't?

I would always mix ketchup + mayo + pickle relish for corndogs.
ketchup + mustard + tartar sauce is great too.

Both have that same sort of color / look.

Big mac sauce is like Ketchup + mayo + relish, but with a few other ingredients, like garlic powder, and some other stuff.

Thousand Island is a bit oranger, and doesn't taste like big mac sauce.

>salad dressing
>on a hoagie

Flyover.

Also, that's just a ham and cheese sandwich, it's not an Italian hoagie.

Pretty sure that's thousand island

Literally just Heinz's version of this, which is just approximated big mac sauce.

That looks like a big slop of shit.

it's an attempt at thousand island dressing