Uncovered Pork Delivered to Local Grocery in Costco Shopping Carts

nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Photos-of-Raw-Meat-in-Shopping-Carts-at-San-Joses-99-Ranch-Market-Go-Viral-471364074.html
>A local San Jose grocery store is under investigation after a customer witnessed raw meat being transported in Costco shopping carts.

>Loretta Seto happened to be on a routine shopping trip at 99 Ranch Market, a grocery store at Hostetter Road and Lundy Avenue in San Jose, hoping to pick up a few things for a weekend BBQ when she spotted two men delivering raw meat in Costco shopping carts at the front entrance.
Since Seto posted the photos to Facebook, the Santa Clara Department of Environmental Health confirmed they are now investigating how slabs of raw meat were delivered to 99 Ranch Market. The post didn't just catch the attention of the city's Department of Environmental Health, but it also sparked a conversation on the unsanitary methods the meat vendor used to transport the meat.

>In an interview with NBC Bay Area, 99 Ranch Market said they learned about the incident on Friday and have dumped all the meat from the vendor, Jim's Farm Meat. "We are thoroughly investigating the incident," said spokesperson Maria Moon. "This isn't anything we typically do. When we send our products out, they are always in a combo bin and wrapped. That's how it left our facility." Moon declined to comment further on the matter until the investigation is complete but she did explain that the actions of the now-fired employees is not something the company approves of.

Smh wyppl

Anyone that eats that pork is gonna have to take a big slop of shit into the toilet.

It's pork, you're not going to eat it raw, who gives a shit. There'll be worse stuff on the fruit and vegetables after the public paws through all of it looking for one that looks shinier.

What's wrong with this?

Americans are so disconnected from food protection they think everything has to be shrinkwrapped or it's unsafe.

I live in a first world country in Northern Europe.
Every once in a while I see delivery to the butcher. The truck opens, the guy carries some pig or cow or chicken kinda like pic related and we're fine. Hell, we even eat raw beef.

Also this

Don't defend that shit, a shopping carts is a bio hazard full of bacteria, feces, vomit but also toxic metals.
Even cooking won't really clean it completely

>food protection
food production

>Jim's Farm Meat

lol
>guy and his sister own 500 acres
>they ride around in beat up pickup gunning down feral pigs on the property
>their children use stolen golf cart to grab up carcasses
>burn off hair with tire fire
>butcher in dirty garage
>quality costco carts used to shuttle it to buyers

How often do you eat a shopping cart dude.

>99 Ranch Market
It's a ghetto Asian supermarket where you can literally smell the stench of rotting fishes and meat throughout the store.

You'd have to be fucking insane to buy anything but packaged goods there.

>amerisharts

That place scares me. Both times I've been there I get this feeling that anything I buy will injure me in some way.

It's a legit store for buying exotic spices and frozen dim-sum at cheap prices, but don't buy the damned meat. Don't buy the fresh produce either, since it's probably cross-contaminated by the meat.

Too goddamn often.

Why would you trust the frozen food then? Could've been thawed and refrozen, increasing the chance of it being spoiled.

>san jose
so this is the power of coasties

As long as it's still in a sealed package, the risk is minimal.

chinks don't give a fuck at 99 ranch. That being said, cook it and you'll be fine, the meat has surely seen worse contamination

I dunno about that, I've been in some stores and have seen frozen products left on random shelves. If they were there for a few hours and someone decided to put it back instead of throwing it away, it's a bigger risk. It doesn't really matter if it's sealed or not, it'll still breed bacteria.

>animal lives in it's own shit
>grossed out by putting it in a shopping card
kek

>ghetto Asian supermarket
Ranch Market

99 ranch is the 2nd tier asian chain market

top tier is H-mart

ghetto tier is any non chain asian supermarket, the kind with family working in the local health department

Here in Houston the staff at 99 Ranch is a glorious mixture of chinks and mexicans. Neither understands the other and much entertainment can be had as a result. I have never experienced any problems attributable to either their meat, fish or produce.

Protip: best fish counter in Houston.

That very location had very, very tasty fried chicken.
This tasty chicken was from several years back, they do have a medium sized chinese food self serve tables.

Would shop at this place again although to be brutally honest prarking is horendous
Huge lot always packed solid

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Doesn't really matter

More like into my mouth yummy yummy "yaass mommy take a hot liquid shit in babies mouth."

This made me afraid to continue eating pork sashimi. People in San Diego are getting Hep from the homeless using the carts

ranch99 recently opened up near(ish) me here in jersey. best addition to the neighborhood in years. hit em up about once a month since it isn't all that close, but i'm sometimes in that area.

very good produce, decent seafood, quality import products (drinks, ramen, sauces, etc). the place looks and smells clean, and after each shopping trip, i swing by the lunch counter and get a large container of lo mein for $2.40

really phenomenal place. hope their older locations figure their shit out, because i would be very upset if this place got shut down with some stupid as fuck health code violation

I am so glad they are opening an H-mart down the road from this.

I only go to that plaza for G and Paris Baguette.

>G
Gen

And if you saw a photo of this without the story behind it I'm sure your first comment would be "Do Americans really do this?"

I don't get what the issue is.

>that pic

That shit is why we rolled in to Baghdad in adult diapers

If you shop at 99 Ranch then this shouldnt even bother you. You KNOW what you're getting into when you shop here.

In JC? Walking there today to get some chicken feet for stock, yum yum.

meatcucks BTFO

If I was Costco I’d sue those fuckers for using their name. Costco had nothing to do with it. The brand of shopping cart is irrelevant. That’s a blatant click bait smear attempt

Knowing a rancher who does this on the side, I guarantee you no one gets away with that sort of practice more than once a year. The USDA is very powerful and most of their attention is on chicken and pork production in the south and west.

>omg meat doesn't come in neatly labeled plastic containers?!? someone call the health department!

whitepeople.exe

The issue for me is the shopping cart, those things are fucking disgusting. If the meat was in clean bins or something I don't think it would be an issue

I agree, I work at a store and we never wash or spray any of the carts with disenfectant.

Never eat meat again if you're this much of a clueless fag. Meat markets use trollies. In fact, every part of the meat industry is "icky"... So is any part of any food industry. You gay.

t. has never seen let alone smelled the inside of a factory farm

Yeah I don't eat meat