"good steak doesn't need anythign but salt and pepper"

"good steak doesn't need anythign but salt and pepper"
>put A1 on steak anyways
>flavor improved 100%

Why do gourmands perpetuate this myth?

>prefers the flavor of A1 over steak

You probably put ketchup on your steaks too pleb

The point is that the flavor of steak and steak sauce complement each other you foodie freak.

Just as I don't like to drink A1 straight out of the bottle, I don't like to eat steak without A1 on the side.

>one flavor completely overpowering the other
>complements

nice b8

Mayo for lean cuts like filet mignon, ketchup for fatty cuts like ribeye

You're some dumb lonely asshole. Why do you bother people instead of just killing yourself? You need to die, why don't you just die? You really need to die.

Gross

if you think that A1 improves the flavor of good steak, that's fine. it means that you don't like steak. you don't have to like steak, user! just be your girly, faggy self.

>A1 doesn't improve the flavor of good steak

you have your opinion you heard Gordon Ramsey say it once you bird brain fucker

I could drink A1 so there's that issue.

But very good cuts of steak don't need anything other than salt. If you want to make a nice compound butter with just a little bit of herbs in it, or some infused oil to drizzle over, fine. But don't go drowning a good steak in gravy.

Shut up faggot troll

You answered your own question OP. A good steak does not need anything more than salt and pepper. You however have not eaten a good steak.

>steak + a1= yum
No. You are either trolling or eating underseasoned and/or overcooked steak.

A1 boosts any steak at least one grade (it's typically used with A0 steak to boost the flavor, that's why it's called "A1"). Top chefs in Japan (Nihon) will pair it with A5 wagyu to achieve the rare and ultra-delicious A6.

I like A1 but (for me) it tends to kill all other flavour.

Kek

I like to eat my steaks with horseradish

No, it drowns out the flavor of a good steak. You tasteless retard. I bet the only cut of steak you've ever had os sirloin

>there are people who use store bought bottles of preservatives with steak sauce flavoring instead of making their own steak sauce at home

This is the flavor you're wanting out of A1.
A1 isn't bad, but it's so overused.

Steak is not pork, you don't require some sauce or rub to make the meat edible.

>I need everything I eat to taste like one of 3 sauces

A version oo worcestershire sauce was "invented" in my country. It's literally just called english sauce.

>hating based pork
Tastelet confirmed

If you put it on hamburger, it would taste the same. So why waste your money on steak?

I would never consume any sort of meat without at least some garlic. People who buy expensive steak and cook it with nothing are the rich equivalent of people who eat cold tinned spaghetti.

>having a steak with sauce is just like drinking the sauce on its own
t. brainlet

Do you ever just want to jam your tongue into a pussy? All that tangy mucus in your mouth with a nose full of clitoris? It just needs to be some days.

Fuck you for this comment. Fuck this shit. Fuck you. I don't care how edgy/Veeky Forums/jaded you are. This is Veeky Forums, Food and Cooking. This board isn't for being an asshole. Food is one of the most basic necessities for life, and cooking is an act of love. Stop being such a cunt.

I brought A1 to this black chick tonight to go with her steak. I believe the steak meal is like $23. Her husband remarked on it too when she asked, which was funny. But I hope she enjoyed it.

We also serve a steak with blue cheese crumbles on top. I'm not sure how I feel about that. Any thoughts?

Agreed. I don't know why there's so many bitter cunts on here. All that creature knows how to do is strive for negative attention

Well maybe they intend to use just a tiny bit of the sauce.

I don't even have a problem with steak with sauce. At all, honestly. Yes, a good steak is a lovely food, and it can be very nice unadorned, but it's a little narrow-minded to just write off sauce on steaks. But I think it's A1 in particular that is kind of foul. I don't even know how to describe the taste, but I don't find it pleasant. Maybe it's good with deenz.

He hasn't been to Spain

>Veeky Forums is a pure angelic sanctuary, for cooking only
Nigger, no offense, but you should care how edgy/Veeky Forums/jaded this place is. If you can't handle retarded shitposting then perhaps this is not the social media site for you.

Veeky Forums isn't usually like that. It seems to be slowing down now that Christmas vacation is over too.

I've been on this board a long time, and it's always been a nice and relaxed blue board. Humor, sure, but it's not a place for hate.

35 niggers always jew up a coon. You can't plate a piece of hebrew national franks without spicking a slope into a kiked up negromonster.

>retarded shitposting
>telling someone to kill themselves three times in a row
Is this something you think we should encourage? What a strange thing to advocate for. Be a cunt if you want to. It's the internet. But don't be too surprised when someone decides to be a cunt back to you then either.

This is much better shitposting.

Nah I've been here since 09 and while people telling each other to kill themselves was relatively common place it was usually for a couple justified reasons like
1. calling someones waifu shit
2. being a complete retard
3. bad trolling
4. advertising your blog or youtube shit

It's only in the past year of so that there's been these fucking bitter cunts telling people to kill themselves for no fucking reason. You just make a normal post and some butthurt assmad retard replies to you telling you to kys. They're just bitter cunts who can't get healthy attention so they just try to get negative attention instead.

I don't go full retard with steak sauce or anything but seriously

>good steak doesn't need anythign but salt and pepper

What the fuck is with this reverence for cooking steaks with as little variety as possible? You must have steak like twice a year if you think doing the bare minimum to it each time won't just make it boring to eat.

Whatever queer

I prefer salt and pepper on an actual steak, but if you have leftlovers you can slice it up, pan fry it with a1, dijon mustard, sliced onions and slap that on bread, toasted or not, cheese or not. Steak sandwich.

learn2read or kys, fag

Recreate A1. Maybe you'll find whatever is foul about it.

If you put salt and pepper on your steak you don't like steak, you like salt and pepper and should kill yourself.

If you masticate in an oxygen nitrogen environment you should probably just kill yourself.

You are free to season how ever you want to. But if you are going to blow 15-20 dollars on a stake, get it over medium, and put A1 sauce, you might as well have gotten the hamburger for 8 dollars

You have the tastebuds of a child, needing strong flavors to cover up the flavor of the meat instead of appreciating the meat for what it is.

Fuck off faggot. If you can't stand Veeky Forums shitposting maybe you should just go to another site. Or do exactly what the other user said and Mcfucking kill yourself.

Because they are burgers.

Doesn't matter how good the steak, it can be made better in a compound dish.

This could actually be a good misinformation meme.

The OP is clearly fucking around. It's the equivalent of going on /g/ and shitting on touch typers.

I had to read that 3 times to make sure I wasn't a dumbass.

Wtf you wouldnt drink A1 sauce from the bottle?

Shit that is honestly what happens to 1/3 of each bottle of A1 I get one way or another. Pour some into the cap, sip it, or dip my finger in it and lick it off. Bad habit since I was a kid, that shit is delicious but I have an unnatural love of vinegar based substances. I will sip on rice or balsamic vinegar, careful when taking swigs of stronger vinegars though, the fumes can irritate your airways so dont let it splash into the back of your throat or get greedy and take too big of a swig in one go otherwise the shock of the acid in your mouth can cause you to instinctively gasp which will give you a rough time breathing for a little bit.

*blocks your path*

I have some slabs of beef I need to cook, but I don't know how. Their called 'beef chuck'. Real cheap from a shoppers as leftovers from a dinner meetup. How am I supposed to cook these to get the most out of them?

Sorry if off-topic, but don't know much about steaks and this is the only steak thread I found.

Ketchup would also make it better, you just fell for the anti-ketchup meme.

caring about what other people eat

>"good steak doesn't need anythign but salt and pepper"
*puts pepper on the steak before cooking so it burns and gets bitter*

But really, I guess it's because most people want a very high quality steak and they think adding anything to it will cover up any subtle flavors. You should just at least try recommendations, but if you like your steak with A1 sauce or you like it well done, eat it that way and just ignore people who start foaming at the mouth because you have different preferences.

make beef stew

I tried making a steak sauce once but when I pureed the steak it didn't want to become a sauce. Instead all I got was blended steak.

Where did I go wrong lads?

chuck steak is good, but you wanna slow cook it unless you don't mind some gristle fat or are willing to do some trimming

To be fair, touch typers need to be fucking shot on sight, so much like OP, that's a completely correct thing to do.

Where's a good place in the states to get cheap fatty cuts off steak on discount? I only ever see chicken and porkin the clearance sections

cant people just calm down and let people eat their steaks how they want? why do people get so fucking mad if someone puts a sauce they dont like on a steak? to everyone calling OP a pleb or anything else of the sort, i say grow the fuck up, and learn to respect other peoples tastes.

I'm just guessing you guys are referring to hunter-peckers?

Where get steak cu/ck/s

find a butcher user, or if you're in or near a rural area, find a butcher plant that's open to the public

How about you fuck off instead.

Veeky Forums is so angry about how other people eat their. I'm genuinely concerned about their mental health sometimes.

Remember. You're here with us, forever.

A good ribeye with crumbled feta is fuckin godly

so is one with bleu cheese fondue

No, there was a guy on /g/ literally calling out people who don't look at their keyboards while typing and claiming to be a 200WPM hunt-and-pecker.

>bleu

bitch, I'll give you to the count of potato to take that back

A1 tastes like shit.

Go head and pour steak sauce and ketchup on shitty ground beef.
But buying good meat and pouring sugar flavour sauce on it is in its self is terrible for good meat.

Joycean.

Look eat what you like, how you like...

/thread

>being this autistic

Why hasn't anyone started a deconstructed sauce restaurant. All the ingredients separated on a plate and then you get little cutlets of meat to dip in them.

Good steak tastes good. A1 just covers up the flavor. If you have a shitty cheap steak A1 is great.

You're either eating shit steak, preparing it like shit, or have shit taste buds.

Go youtube some proper steak preparing and cooking techniques, get a steak as fresh as you can from the butcher, apply techniques, take a bite without steak "sauce", and then realize you're grinning because of a perfectly prepared steak.

I hope this is some sort of digital self-harm where you want people to call you a retarded faggot and aren't actually serious

mix A1 and cocktail sauce for a flavortown experience

Funny enough, A1 tastes a lot like a popular South American marinade that all these fucks would claim to love. I am with you in spirit OP (it is OK to eat A1 with inexpensive steaks). I mostly just hate the dumb fucks who claim it isn't.

depends on what i'm doing but could use anything like ms dash, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, list goes on.

best bbq sauce though is phil's bbq sauce

Raisin puree?

little bit of onion in the pan and a thin coating of good mustard on the steak before you throw it in the pan. Also use good REAL butter.

You don't NEED to drink anything other than water. Doesn't mean you can't appreciate good wine.

how can one post be this wrong
the answer is ketchup on all meats
mayo only for chips (fries, if your american)

Where would Veeky Forums be without edgy shit posting

Nobody can ever leave Veeky Forums

Dunno, I always make my sauces fresh or use dry rub, never really had it for steak with salt and pepper only.
Alas, I dont encourage to literally drown the steak in sauce, it has its own flavour.

imagine being such a fucking faggot that you have to put sauce on steak

just imagine being that big of a faggot

I literally can't

the only thing I want with a good steak is blue cheese or horseradish sauce

I think theres some savory sauces that compliment steaks made with mushrooms, butter, wine, etc. But not like bottled steak sauce. I don't understand why people trash ketchup but often defend steak sauce. Instead of putting overly sweet sauce on a steak you put overly tangy/sour sauce on a steak. Thats not any better.

kill yourself please