Rice cooker

i want a rice cooker Veeky Forums which one do you guys use

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Jf75I9LKhvg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

A saucepan

Dude, cookin rice is fuckin easy, if you need a rice cooker for it, you're dumb. Get measuring cup, fill it up 1/2 way, rinse it 3 times really well, then dump it in the water and let it cook till fluffy.

anons, what's it called that Ramsey used? It was this clover thing he cooked in it.

I love you user

>. Get measuring cup, fill it up 1/2 way, rinse it 3 times really well, then dump it in the water and let it cook till fluffy.
wat

>t rice cookerlets

It's convenient as fuck you just set and forget and it keeps it warm for hours, don't have to time anything.

It literally doesn't matter which one you get they are all virtually the same shit, they just operate on the amount of water evaporated based on the original weight

They are also cheap

Why would you want to make rice hours before you need it. Simply makes no sense whatsoever, unless your diet's so shit that you're eating rice non-stop throughout the day.

you want to rinse off a rice a good bit in cold water because what you're doing is getting off a bit of the starch. Yes, rice is a starchy food but that doesn't mean YOU should have it max starch

>I will let it cook and walk away
Rule 1 of cooking NEVER WALK AWAY FROM HOT STOVE UNLESS IT'S OFF.
Seriously, if you think walking away is ok from your food, please don't cook and go buy hotpockets

I got probably the simplest one but it was the best $18 I’ve ever spent

this 1 is classic, it will last forever. everyone in asia uses this 1

source
live in Taiwan

youtube.com/watch?v=Jf75I9LKhvg

>being this autistic

There's no fucking stove involved and they are designed to cook until the rice is done and then just stay warm for hours. It's the same thing as walking away from an electric kettle or toaster.

I can just cook the rice at the start of the meal prep and then not worry about it until I'm done cooking. It'll still be warm if anyone wants seconds.

>my rice has to be cooked by hand, even though it's ultimately cooked exactly the same way through a rice cooker by literally millions of people throughout the world and by most asian/indian restaurants

*tips*

Asia is more than Taiwan

source
a fucking map

>Leave electric appliance on all the time so my rice can cook!!!!
And people wonder why climate change is still a thing.

ZOJIRUSHI

>thinking china still has asian culture

Where have you been the past 40 years?

I have a Tiger just like this, and I love it. Mine is a 10 cup, which might be too big for you, but I cook for a family. If you have a asian market near you that sells them, you'll probably get a better price than online, usually.
And don't listen to the haters, rice cookers are brilliant. BUT they're not good for extra long grain rice, like aged basmati, I use a whole other technique for that.

Whoops, forgot pic

The only important thing is to check for reviews on how non-stick the pot is

In Japan, what's the best brand?

zojirushi

Where can I buy a box of shit that takes up at least 1 cubic foot of space on my counter for no fucking reason at all?

Oh look, another idiot.

I'm an idiot for knowing how to cook rice on a stove. You morons that need a device to "keep your rice warm" throughout the day are just college students who can't cook.

t. Someone who can't afford a rice cooker and has no counter space

You're an idiot for thinking there's only one way to cook something of which there are dozens of variety of, and you're an idiot for dismissing an excellent kitchen tool out of hand because you don't understand it.
And, fyi, I could cook circles around you, rice or no rice, hell, I bet you only cook one kind of rice.

Cook off? You're on.

HI Hostel 891 Amsterdam Avenue, New York. Next Saturday at midday. Reserve a room for one night and you can use their kitchen. Meet you there.

I have a fucking rice cooker collecting dust in my garage you goddamn dipshit.

Give or sell it to someone who'd appreciate it, nimrod

I've cooked long grain medium grain and short grained rice, dumbass. You want risotto, sushi rice or basmati?

You're a fucking pleb.

Idiot.

Don't make claims you can't back up.

Whats the first thing you add to your pan when you're making risotto? I know you can google it but I just want to see if you'll be stupid/honest.

You have shown your ignorance with your own post, you fucking moron.

Roma is a good brand

You're terrible at this.

Star anise

I can back it up, but you're going to have to fly about 4000 miles to get your ass handed to you, smartass. You're playing the wrong game in the wrong thread. I KNOW I'm a better cook than you, I don't need to play internet toughguy like you, neet.

>And, fyi, I could cook circles around you, rice or no rice, hell, I bet you only cook one kind of rice.
>I don't need to play internet toughguy
Yes, user. Very good.

here you go bubby, a simple recipe, This is leftover food.

Making Rice

2 Cups of Basmati Rice (Costco has great bulk rice)
3 Cups of water
salt in water if you want

Rinse rice in cold water in strainer/sieve for 1 minute or until the water runs clear. Boil 3 cups of water and place rice in pot. High heat until it boils reduce to gentle simmer (low heat) and cover. Simmer for 15 minutes and turn off the element. Let it rest for 15 on the element. Don’t lift the lid. Fluff rice and place in a container for overnight storage in the fridge. All fried rice requires day old rice at least.

Making the Egg for fried rice.

4 eggs
3 shakes of McCormick Curry powder
4 twists of fresh ground pepper

Beat eggs in a bowl, heat a nonstick frypan with a small amount of olive oil to coat. Scramble the eggs to done, not overcooked and reserve.

Making the Fried Rice:

2 cups of frozen veg thawed.
Rice from previous stage
Curried scrambled egg from previous stage
One ½ onion medium diced

Curry Paste:

3 tbsp olive oil
1 to 2 tbsp of chili garlic sauce
1 tbsp curry powder
1tsp garlic powder
1tsp turmeric
1tsp ginger
2tbsp soy sauce

Take day old rice and pour 3 tbsp of olive oil or canola in its container and mix well. Coat the entire batch lightly. Put a small coating amount of oil in a big pan or wok and heat to high. Toss in the onion and leave it to brown. Toss it. Then add the rice and fry until warm, 2 minutes. Add veg and stir fry. Slowly add the curry paste and mix vigorously until uniform. Add the egg at the end and stir gently.

That's a factual statement, not an opinion or a brag. But, keep trying.

Oh my god, you really are a fucking idiot.

You ever made sushi rice? With the rice wine vinegar and a fan? I doubt it.

very nice dude.

Keep saying that like you're not a child behind a keyboard. Everyone believes you. You're totally not a fucking autistic child sitting in your own filth.

It's simple garbage food that tastes good.

its right up there with making shitty ramen good. It doesn't take a lot.

I'm with you with shitty ramen good. That's steak, steak fat and mushrooms in shitty ramen. Probably the best soup I've ever tasted.

where did the emotional mistakes go?

I've made all kinds of rice, yes, including sushi rice, because I've been cooking both professionally and personally since I was a teenager. No, I don't call myself "chef", because I learned through apprenticeships. I've helped open 5 restaurants in my life, and only one is not in business anymore (but that happened years after I left). I don't feel like running my whole fucking resume by you, since your not important, but calling me names and posting idiotic comments and bad recipes won't ever change the fact that I know I'm a better cook than you.

and you still use a fucking rice cooker. That's depressing.

>Drones on and on
>I don't need to post my whole fucking resume

The best soup you've ever tasted? Looks more like a big slop of shit.

The guy talks about a rice cooker in a professional environment. Just let him go away.

Have you never worked in a restaurant? Even at home I leave the stove every fuckin day.

It's sriacha with ramen mix, steak and mushrooms. Are you fucking retarded? It's like talking to wood in this thread.

Why did all the man babies on this board migrate to this thread?

They're all fat glasses wearing gimps.

Guess what, a lot of restaurants use rice cookers. The more you know, etcetc....

This looks like my one I bought for £10. It's the only one I've ever owned and I don't know if it ever dies if I should buy an expensive one or another cheap one

if it works that's what matters. I've learned that with a lot of dishes I work on. I found a better ramen, Ichiban is way better quality. Fuck Top and maruchan, that shit will destroy your insides

not like that user, when things can boil over, or when things can burn, that's what I'm talking about. I worked at Sonic and all the burgers are cooked and if you're not careful you can burn them.

I'm skinny as a rail my friend, also I wear plastic frames

a pot with a lid.

I studied under the Rice Masters of Japan, learning to memorize single grains of rice in minute detail, growing and harvesting it from seed, and preparing it for consumption.

I traveled to Tibet and deeply studied Vajraya way of rice. I spent 60 days sustained solely by the water in which my rice was cooked. I would have to judge the quality of the rice by scent alone, and only when it was perfect could I bring it to my master. If I was wrong I would be punished. I was later tasked with sorting particular types of rice mixed together in the same basket-- removing the 500 grains of the type required individually with chopsticks. If I missed a single grain, or if I got a single grain wrong, I would have to start again. I would not be allowed to sleep until I got it right.

After ten years of such lessons, I departed Tibet and worked for an unnameable druglord in Hong Kong. His demands were exacting. If I did not cook his rice to his daily whim, I would have one of my fingernails extracted. My name became famous in certain circles for only losing two fingernails in the six years I worked for him.

These are but some of my accomplishments, and I assure you that nobody who cooks with a rice cooker is doing rice the justice it deserves.

wow. the absolute state of gooks.

Only rice cooker I'll ever need.

That's some tryhard pasta, user. You worked way too hard for such a terrible result.

Why would that be intended as pasta? It's clearly tailored to respond to a specific post in a specific circumstance. And typing out a handful of words is no work at all.

Star anise and cardamom pods

Are you new here?

It was nearly there but didn't quite land.

4/10

>ZOJIRUSHI
I can vouch for this. Perfect rice throughout.
I've heard the Instant Pot is great plus has other uses. But I haven't tried it since the Zojirushi is flawless.