If I wanted to add some vegetables to spaghetti carbonara, what do you think would fit best...

If I wanted to add some vegetables to spaghetti carbonara, what do you think would fit best? I'm thinking broccoli would be good, but does anyone have any other suggestions?

peas

I don't think you should add any.

Peas, broccoli and cauliflower seem like the best choices, but i think these would be better with a bechamel than in carbonara

yellow pepper fried in the greese from the pancetta

yeah I'd go with brocoli

Zucchini

Courgette is the best.

I would go with peas or asparagus

Patrician choices sir

Sardines

Garlic, parsley, and olive oil

Thanks guys much appreciated

champignons

Looks like a big slop of shit.

are mushrooms vetegetables?

mushrooms are closer related to animals than plants

t. flyover

If you grate zucchini, squash, and/or carrots and fry them with anchovies and olive oil, they basically melt into the sauce.

Sliced cherry tomatoes.

I sometimes put corn in my carbonara. The sweet crunch is a nice contrast with the creamy richness.

Fuckin herbs, son.

i like using fresh peas

MUSHROOMS

arugula or spinach, mix in at the end so it kinda wilts but isn't totally ded

"loads" of onion

carbonara is incomplete without peas

leak mate

garnish with watercress & crispy parma

OLIVES

But seriously, mushrooms.

Mushrooms is nippon stronk choice. A few drops of mayu and sesame oil take it over the top. Otherwise the nips have no idea what they're doing with the dish.

peas

Greens.
go with chiffonade of italian black cabbage/tuscan kale.

That's like saying viruses are more related to prions than bacteria.
While it's a true statement, I would hesitate to say that it provides anyone any value.

Cavolfiore.

Artichoke

mushrooms. you dont need anything else. mushrooms in creamy pasta is one of my favourite food combos

seconding this

capers

Peas are the only correct choice.

i use fryed mushrooms for it

Just make pasta primavera instead, problem solved.

can't go wrong with mushrooms. Just don't do peas, only barbarians put peas near pasta.

Surprised I had to scroll this far to see this. My first thought was some spinach thrown in would be damn good. Maybe some roasted peppers?

Surprised how popular peas seem to be.

thats a fruit

>Just don't do peas, only barbarians put peas near pasta.

>implying i'm a barbarian

fuuuuuuuu

>If I wanted to add some vegetables to spaghetti carbonara, what do you think would fit best? I'm thinking broccoli would be good, but does anyone have any other suggestions?

If this is because you want to eat Carbonara often but you also want to add some extra vegetables to your diet, I would instead suggest eating slightly less carbonara and adding a salat on the side, for example the Insalata di Pomodori goes well with most pasta dishes that aren't already heavy on tomato.